Page 75 of 101 FirstFirst ... 7374757677 ... LastLast

Re: The Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Oh I didn’t even realize I’d be leaving Midgar. How long does that take?
    About 6 hours in or so. Midgar is the entire game in the remake part 1, but only 10-15% of the original. Dm me with where you are in the story and I can give you a better idea of how close you are. Also, sorry if I spoiled things there!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I could never get into FF outside of the MMORPG and the Theaterythm game on 3DS. Not a bit turned based/JRPG fan though. Altho I do like tactical/strategy RPGs like Disgaea, go figure. More of a western RPG fan, cRPG and dungeon crawlers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    It opens up a bit after you get outside midgar. Going back to some of the older games has really made me realize how much jrpgs changed after the ps2 Era though.

As someone who always thought FF7 was overrated compared to 8 and 9, I agree Midgar began to drag, and it picks up significantly once you leave.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Don Frye's Moustache View Post
    As someone who always thought FF7 was overrated compared to 8 and 9, I agree Midgar began to drag, and it picks up significantly once you leave.

I definitely liked 7 the best but it was also my first final fantasy I played through. 8 I didn't own for awhile, just rented a couple times initially, and 9 I liked a lot, but my disc had a glitch which kept me from being able to progress as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    I definitely liked 7 the best but it was also my first final fantasy I played through. 8 I didn't own for awhile, just rented a couple times initially, and 9 I liked a lot, but my disc had a glitch which kept me from being able to progress as a kid.

Yes, final fantasy 7 being the 1st of the playstation era had a major impact on people who had never played it on nintendo systems. The 1st one I played this final fantasy 4 and then final fantasy 6 for super nintendo, and 6 definitely had a bigger impact on me. Age plays a large factor in those sort of impressions.

I actually enjoyed final fantasy 10 a lot years later, but that is in opinion seemingly not shared by very many people

Has anyone played a game called Disco Elysium? It's compared to True Detective on refit and looks very interesting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Has anyone played a game called Disco Elysium? It's compared to True Detective on refit and looks very interesting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    Heard great things, but haven't played

Quote Originally Posted by Don Frye's Moustache View Post
    Yes, final fantasy 7 being the 1st of the playstation era had a major impact on people who had never played it on nintendo systems. The 1st one I played this final fantasy 4 and then final fantasy 6 for super nintendo, and 6 definitely had a bigger impact on me. Age plays a large factor in those sort of impressions.

I actually enjoyed final fantasy 10 a lot years later, but that is in opinion seemingly not shared by very many people

I actually enjoyed ten as well, though I didn't quite finish it

Blog Entries

Some pretty significant allegations being thrown towards Activision-Blizzard in a lawsuit. Absolutely insane stuff here.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ev...cid=uxbndlbing

Female staff were allegedly subjected to "cube crawls" in which male employees drank "copious amounts" of alcohol as they crawled their way through cubicles in the office and engaged in lewd behavior towards the female employees.
    The suit notes one incident when a female employee took her own life during a business trip with an unnamed male supervisor, who had brought sex toys and lubricant with him on the trip.

It is alleged that this female employee had been previously subjected to other incidents of sexual harassment at work. The suit claims that at a holiday party before her death, male co-workers passed around a picture of her vagina.
    One person named in the suit is Alex Afrasiabi, the former senior creative director of World of Warcraft at Blizzard Entertainment. He is accusing of engaging in "blatant sexual harassment with little to no repercussions," including attempting to kiss and grope female employees and calling them derogatory names at company events.

"Afrasiabi was so known to engage in harassment of females that his suite was nicknamed the 'Crosby [sic] Suite'" after Bill Cosby, according to the lawsuit.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Yiiiiiiiikes

Final fantasy pixel remasters are out! Anyone try them yet?

I just bought Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005) on my XBox and man, that shit holds up. Why don’t shooters have splitscreen anymore?!