Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Do you think it was Coach Harbaugh or Owner Steve Bisciotti?

Mattison didn't survive 3rd and 19. Pees survived the 2016 ending. He didn't survive the 2017 ending. Do you guys think Coach Harbaugh was behind the two of them moving on, or Mr. Bisciotti?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Do you think it was Coach Harbaugh or Owner Steve Bisciotti?

Harbaugh

Cool Re: Do you think it was Coach Harbaugh or Owner Steve Bisciotti?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Mattison didn't survive 3rd and 19. Pees survived the 2016 ending. He didn't survive the 2017 ending. Do you guys think Coach Harbaugh was behind the two of them moving on, or Mr. Bisciotti?
    Harbaugh for both, although he should have got rid of both sooner!

And I think he really finally got rid of Pees because he knows that he is coaching for his job this year and the schedule is so tough that that he is hedging his bets.

Plus, Oz will be gone after this year and Eric might be more tempted to clean house if Harbs does not have, at least, a winning record.

Stay tuned, the fun will begin in September!

Blog Entries

Pees would still be DC if he hadn't retired.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Cool Re: Do you think it was Coach Harbaugh or Owner Steve Bisciotti?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I think it was our postings on the RSR board

What professional could be more knowledgable than us Ravens fans?

... Bc

In the case of Dean Pees I think Harbaugh did it with some "strong suggestion" from Bisciotti.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    In the case of Dean Pees I think Harbaugh did it with some "strong suggestion" from Bisciotti.
    That's how I see Bisciotti operating. He has his ideas and make suggestions but he doesn't seem to make football decisions. That's what his head coach and GM are there for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Pees would still be DC if he hadn't retired.
    That was a firing my friend. It helps both parties if it is a "retire".

Blog Entries

I think it was Harbs after Steve told him he wouldn't be back if that ever happened again

Blog Entries

I also think Steve probably pushed for Pagano, but Chuck was just not interested in returning to football or working under harbs again

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I also think Steve probably pushed for Pagano, but Chuck was just not interested in returning to football or working under harbs again
    Pagano is Harbaugh's best friend. I'm sure he was 1st choice for that job no matter what the owner said. They don't normally leak things and everyone knew they wanted Chuck. All of them were on board with that choice

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Pagano is Harbaugh's best friend. I'm sure he was 1st choice for that job no matter what the owner said. They don't normally leak things and everyone knew they wanted Chuck. All of them were on board with that choice
    From all indications, Chuck wanted to step away from the grind of coaching but will remain connected to the sport by working a far less demanding job as an NFL consultant. Not sure why some fans think he wouldn't want to work for Harbs. That makes no sense, working here got him his head coaching gig and has led to promotions for the majority of coaches who have worked under JH. I think Pees was well aware that his time here was done. The team went all out, much to the dismay of many fans, to add talent to the defense and the season ended the same way it has for the last 3 out of 4 years...with a defensive collapse at the most critical moments. NE 2014, Pitt Christmas Day 2016, Cincy Week 17 2017. All the "great" stats in the world don't mean shit if you can't get it done when you need it most. It was simply untenable. I do think Pees was genuinely surprised that he got back in so quickly when Vrabel came calling.