Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

RG3 is becoming a Harbaugh guy

It's happening. RG3 is gonna fight for a starting role. If not a rookie LJ in place of a struggling Flacco, could be RG3.
    "News
    Press Room
    Late For Work
    Lifestyle
    John Eisenberg
    Draft
    Free Agency
    Friday, May 25, 2018 12:34 PM

Robert Griffin III Is Making a Great Impression on Ravens' John Harbaugh
    Mink_Ryan
    Ryan Mink
    BALTIMORERAVENS.COM STAFF WRITER

BestofOTA052418sh028WEB
    Shawn Hubbard for the Baltimore Ravens/© Shawn Hubbard / Baltimore Ravens 2018
    Head Coach John Harbaugh’s daughter, Alison, first pointed out to her father that quarterback Robert Griffin III has purple-tipped dreads. If it wasn’t clear already, Griffin has bought in on the Ravens.

The feeling is mutual.

After a year out of football, Griffin is making a very positive impression on the Ravens with his attitude, health and arm.

"He's a pro's pro in every single way,” Harbaugh said after Thursday’s practice.

Griffin signed with the Ravens in March as he looks to reboot his once sparkling career.

The 2012 second-overall pick was the NFL’s Rookie of the Year before a knee injury, and a subsequent quarterback controversy, left him benched and ultimately cut by the Washington Redskins after just four years. Griffin got another shot as the starter of the Cleveland Browns in 2016, got injured again and was out of work all last season.

The Ravens gave Griffin a tryout a couple months before the NFL Draft and came away impressed enough to ink him to a low-risk one-year deal reportedly worth $1 million with a $100,000 signing bonus.

While Griffin wants to get back to his former stardom, he’s gone about it the right way. He’s putting in the work to try to help the Ravens win any way he can as Joe Flacco’s clear backup and now with first-round rookie Lamar Jackson (another Heisman Trophy winner) also in the room.

“These guys have been great accepting me into the family,” Griffin said. “It’s a special thing to be a Baltimore Raven. I’ve learned that; I see it in the building and I’m happy to be here.”

Griffin has been putting in the effort to bond with his teammates and has clearly hit it off with Harbaugh. Harbaugh does early morning workouts with other coaches, and Griffin is already in the gym putting in extra work.

“Robert Griffin in the quarterback room has been excellent, and not just the quarterback room,” Harbaugh said. “I love everything about the way he handles it. And you saw him practice today, and I think you have to say he practiced very well.”

Griffin still has his signature speed that makes him a dangerous dual-threat quarterback, but Harbaugh has been particularly impressed with what Griffin has shown as a pocket passer. He has a very strong arm and showed good accuracy Thursday.

The biggest thing that has jumped out to Harbaugh, however, is Griffin’s health. The Ravens have felt all along that if Griffin is healthy like he was at the very start of his career, he can play at that level once again.

“He’s had so many great moments when he’s been healthy,” Harbaugh said. “You can tell he’s been putting the work in for the last year to be healthy.”
    Everything else is what it is but THAT statement right there that I put in bold tells a story. He's becoming a Rah Rah Harbaugh guy and knowing Harbaugh this may turn into a 3-way controversy.

Re: RG3 is becoming a Harbaugh guy

they are pushing joe hard, but rg3 is not going to fight for the starting job.
    harbaigh said joe is the qbthis year and i actually believe him

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    they are pushing joe hard, but rg3 is not going to fight for the starting job.
    harbaigh said joe is the qbthis year and i actually believe him

Joe will start the year no doubt but this maybe the year he's replaced if he doesn't play well early.

First 8 games
    2016: 76
    2017: 72.3

If that trend continues he's probably replaced with RGIII or Jackson before the season ends.

I really don't care who our QB is as long as they are successful but I don't want them to be indecisive about it and it's looking like that route. If we can pull a patriots and get some draft picks though..

Blog Entries

RG III is fighting for his NFL pro life! IMO he will (may?) make it as back-up to Flacco while LJ develops into our next starting QB. The chances of RG III (28 years old) becoming a starter again is very slim. However, he can still carve out a career as a back-up QB, and that's what my crystal ball expects him to be... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    RG III is fighting for his NFL pro life! IMO he will (may?) make it as back-up to Flacco while LJ develops into our next starting QB. The chances of RG III (28 years old) becoming a starter again is very slim. However, he can still carve out a career as a back-up QB, and that's what my crystal ball expects him to be... Bc
    If he is working hard to bounce back from this injury and putting in a lot of extra time to be the player he once was again, I commend him and wish him well.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: RG3 is becoming a Harbaugh guy

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    If he is working hard to bounce back from this injury and putting in a lot of extra time to be the player he once was again, I commend him and wish him well.
    Amen, me too... Bc

Yes I commend him too, the two hardest working QBs on the team and 9-5 Joe Flucco LOL

Here’s to hoping RG3 kills it in the preseason.
    Then we can use him as trade bait, or the very least, get a comp pick when a team signs him

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    Here’s to hoping RG3 kills it in the preseason.
    Then we can use him as trade bait, or the very least, get a comp pick when a team signs him

Oh, this man is so optimistic...

... Bc

I really don't care who our QB is as long as they are successful but I don't want them to be indecisive about it and it's looking like that route. If we can pull a patriots and get some draft picks though..
    If RG3 has a good preseason, I could so one giving up a couple late round picks for him.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

It'd be interesting to see whether we'd keep 3 QBs.

I wouldn't mind have RGIII doing some mentoring with Lamar.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB