Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Can't wait for next season

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Im just glad to see some optimism on the board. Im always excited for a new season.
    I am one of those cautiously optimistic fans. If the Ravens can stay relatively healthy, IMO we are a playoff team. Yes, even with Flacco @ QB. I think the LJ Era will have to wait a year, but I'm now more hopeful than I was a year or two ago... Bc

I cannot say that I am excited about this season. I have come to the expectation that a Harbaugh-lead team will be around 8-8, with a tick one way or the other based on a lot of different factors. I had believed that Harbaugh could have his team ready to play, but that has mellowed since the Super Bowl year. There have been too many games that looked like a sleep-walk, so a .500 team makes sense to me now.

Maybe new blood, Wink getting a second chance, and more focus on an Offensive plan to score TD's will get my motor running, but right now I do not expect much different than what we have seen since 2012.
    Captain Offense

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Good teams overcome injuries. The Vikings lost their QB, starting RB and a bunch of offensive lineman and still ended up in the NFC Championship game. That's what happens when you have depth and great coaching. I don't see that here.
    The Vikings lost 120 games to players on IR.
    The Ravens lost 271.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Where do you rate this WR core in the division?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Probably 3rd or 4th in the division honestly, but I wouldn't put them dead last in the NFL like last years crew. I see this being more of a middle of the road WR group (14th - 17th).

Still a huge improvement over what we had last year though.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Where do you rate this WR core in the division?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Irrelevant, they don't face off against each other.

Can our WR put work in against the secondaries in Pitt, Cle, and Cin? I think so, none of them are impressive.

Blog Entries

This season is going to come down to Flacco. I think every part of the team is talented enough to be a playoff contender. We just need Flacco to have a strong start and play good.

If Flacco comes out and plays like he did last season, I don’t see anything more than 8-8 at best. And as much as I want to see Lamar, he’s a rookie so there’s no telling if he’s gonna play good or not. That is of course it comes down to him starting at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    The Vikings lost 120 games to players on IR.
    The Ravens lost 271.
    It's not just the numbers. It's who you lose. Guys like Jeremy Langford, Nico Siragusa, Sheldon Price and Al Hajj Shabazz who are part of those IR numbers aren't season changing losses. Anyone who thinks last years piss poor play was all due to injuries is fooling themselves.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's not just the numbers. It's who you lose. Guys like Jeremy Langford, Nico Siragusa, Sheldon Price and Al Hajj Shabazz who are part of those IR numbers aren't season changing losses. Anyone who thinks last years piss poor play was all due to injuries is fooling themselves.
    Yea definitely. Last year was not because of injuries. They were in the drivers seat for the playoffs and blew every chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rookie bbq @ harbs house

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    rookie bbq @ harbs house
    They aren't posing behind of the team's new and enlarged injury hot tub, are they?

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I am one of those cautiously optimistic fans. If the Ravens can stay relatively healthy, IMO we are a playoff team. Yes, even with Flacco @ QB. I think the LJ Era will have to wait a year, but I'm now more hopeful than I was a year or two ago... Bc
    Yeah. Let's have Yanda back. Let's see if Marlon Humphrey can supplant Carr. Let's see if Tyus Bowser's athleticism can add unpredictability to the defense. Let's see Alex Collins hit holes hard and slash fast, and later Kenneth Dixon shows leg drive to break tackles. Let's see a complementary set of receivers give the team options for all kinds of downs and distances.

Cautiously optimistic, yes. If Rashaan Evans was playing next to Mosley, and if James Daniels was competing with Skura at center -- more than cautiously optimistic.