Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Should the Ravens cut ties with Breshad Perriman?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The Ravens should have cut ties with Perriman before they even drafted him. They should have eviscerated him from their draft board.
    You had to google how to spell eviscerated, didn't you ;)
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    You had to google how to spell eviscerated, didn't you ;)
    Oddly enough, I remembered how to spell that one.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Well, didn't he catch that mile high rainbow pass in Denver? You know, the one that Flacco threw up in the clouds?
    Yep - the kind of deep ball Tom Brookshier, the old Eagles CB and later announcer paired with Pat Summerall, used to call "a real spaceship". He was a fun guy, and knowledgeable, too.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Jacoby made some instrumental plays in the Denver game and the super bowl game.

I aint criticizing him. Good on him. Helped his team win a chip. That's all that matters.
    Ditto. No AFCCG or SB win without Jacoby. I remember him in Manhattan going to see the Giants and turning around the cab to come back home, signing with us again in his I love Bmore cap. JJ gets only love here.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

5. Re: Should the Ravens cut ties with Breshad Perriman?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Because it came down like a punt, the only way you could rely on him to catch anything.
    He was also good at avoiding getting tripped up by Tomlin.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    He was also good at avoiding getting tripped up by Tomlin.
    Point taken.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    Ditto. No AFCCG or SB win without Jacoby. I remember him in Manhattan going to see the Giants and turning around the cab to come back home, signing with us again in his I love Bmore cap. JJ gets only love here.
    He also had a Ravens tattoo. Nothing but love for Jacoby Jones from this fan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    That’s and it’s hard to retrain mechanics that have been developed from a young age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    That's very true.

I thought he had to be a post June 1 cut to save money

Jacoby had his faults as a pass catcher/receiver, but he caught some very big ones that counted, including the one in the Super Bowl. He's also batshit crazy, in a good, fun way. Dude is just off the wall, what a character lol. Unfortunately his skills declined very quickly and the team had to move on when it did. Jacoby is okay in my book, though.

Mr. Perriman otoh.....well let's just say I'm sure that he's trying his best, I don't think it's an effort thing. His skills just aren't translating to the NFL, mostly due to his suspect hands and his seeming ability to get lost in the shuffle due to poor route running, etc. He can be electrifying at moments, as his TD in 2016 against I believe the Bengals showed, but unfortunately those moments are too few and far between. As I said in my first post, he would have to have an incredible offseason of OTAs and Mini-Camps, and first two days of TC to avoid being cut before the bonus is due. I just don't see that happening. Best wishes to him in his future endeavors.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

It's his last year. He'll have the opportunity to try and make the team, but his 1st round automatic status has run out. My guess is he gets cut. I think they only carry 6 out of the 14 on the roster.

Blog Entries

I thought there was a pre-June element to his contract but looking at the cap sites it doesn't seem to matter pre or post June cut = same savings.

If Baltimore were to cut or trade Perriman before or after June 1, they would save $1,622,090 in cap space with $1,147,785 in dead money, per SpoTrac.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!