Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Should the Ravens cut ties with Breshad Perriman?

Perriman never had the skillset to be a true #1. At best he is a one trick pony and we have not seen his one trick very often. Our evaluation of receivers coming out of the draft needs to be revolved around the fundamentals of playing the position.

More busts here than a Dolly Parton audition

Blog Entries

I’m mad at myself for being hyped for Perriman back when we drafted him. I should’ve known better to not get excited over a receiver with drop issues. You usually can’t fix that. If a receiver isn’t a natural hands catcher I don’t want him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blog Entries

Is this a trick question?
    In a word : YES !
    No comment necessary... Bc

Blog Entries

Delete Delete Delete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I expect Perriman will get cut, but I could see the Ravens holding on to Perriman as insurance in case of injury to Brown. The Ravens like to have a speed WR on the field.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Perriman graded as the WORST wr in football last year according to PFF. He also had 4 drops to go with his 10 receptions. Cut him.
    I thought he was second worse behind Aiken or did I have them flipped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Re: Should the Ravens cut ties with Breshad Perriman?

Under no circumstances should 2 "good" days at TC > the turd he left in the pool last year.

Cut him, and never look back.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Unless he has had the offseason to end all offseasons prior to that roster bonus being due whatever and whenever it is, yes.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Perriman never had the skillset to be a true #1. At best he is a one trick pony and we have not seen his one trick very often. Our evaluation of receivers coming out of the draft needs to be revolved around the fundamentals of playing the position.
    I agree. To Perrimans defense, it isn't his fault the Ravens were dumb enough to draft him 26th over all in the 1st round which automatically put a bull's-eye on him to live up to the hype. Even in college he never had good hands, didn't run good routes, and has historically dealt with health related issues pertaining to his knees. If these things didn't throw a red flag to the Ravens, but instead they believed him to be a true #1 wide receiver, then whos fault is it that he hasn't lived up to his expectations? He never was capable of being "the guy" but I'm sure he's diligently tried to fill that role, but simply cannot. The Ravens scouts or front office simply weren't able to evaluate him correctly.
    So yes, I'm still for cutting Perimann. He doesn't have the skills mentally and/or physically to be "the guy".
    Last edited by palukaraven; 05-24-2018 at 01:10 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Holy crap a Captain Silver sighting! How you been?
    Yup, now that the Anthem crap has settled, I am back!

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Also, a wild Captain Silver appeared.
    *Queue up the AC/DC Back in Black* Excellector is shuddering somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by palukaraven View Post
    I agree. To Perrimans defense, it isn't his fault the Ravens were dumb enough to draft him 26th over all in the 1st round which automatically put a bull's-eye on him to live up to the hype.
    In his defense he was drafted because his last name was Perriman. Looks like he got his moms genes and his dad's last name. Hope his momma has a better hairline though...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BMORERavens View Post
    Thanks Sword. I appreciate your kind words.

Yeah, I personally believe it's time to move on. However, I can see both sides of the equation. I'm wavering back and forth trying to come to a conclusion. I'll feel better if Perriman starts preseason game 1, and if he continues his downward spiral into the deep abyss, I'll be content with cutting him loose. But, do the Ravens keep him into training camp?

I agree that this offense does not suit Perriman very well. That's a very good and deep point that should be exponded on.

Also, I confused the low-percentage catch terminology. Thanks for the catch.
    No worries. I just think that a portion of the fanbase is holding onto the few plays he made in 2016 and hoping that he can right the ship. It's understandable.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore