Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Should the Ravens cut ties with Breshad Perriman?

Bonus due 3rd day of TC - approx. July 21.

They could probably cut him and resign him if they were really interested. I mean who else would want him?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brown2RAVEN View Post
    Bonus due 3rd day of TC - approx. July 21.
    Very Odd time. guess he gets a 2 day tryout.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by brown2RAVEN View Post
    They could probably cut him and resign him if they were really interested. I mean who else would want him?
    We only save 1.6 by cutting him. Re-signing him to the minimum means we're only going to save just around 1M. If that's the plan you may as well just keep him.

If they cut him it'll be money rolled into the bank for signing guys in the event of injuries.

Also if we cut him it's becuase he doesn't have a role and IMO I dont see how he has a role right now.

Top 3:
    Crabby
    Snead
    Brown

Barring injury, that's going to be the top 3 guys.

Back ups:
    Lasley - backing up Brown?
    Scott - backing up Crabby?

ST guys who are also back ups:
    Moore?
    White?

It's going to be interesting how they do the roster, but basically I think BP is out by the fact that they have 2 rookies they will likely keep, one of whom brings the big play/speed element that BP is supposed to have (but clearly didn't last year).
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

At this point there's not much harm in keeping him through the preseason, if only to see how the injuries shake out. But he's going to have to show something incredible IN GAME during that time to warrant being kept over someone like Tim White.

edit: I didn't know he had a 650k bonus due before TC. That should be renegotiated, maybe pay half of it in June and pay the other half if he makes the team after preseason.

Blog Entries

I wonder if they cut him and just sign him to a vet min deal for TC. Would make sense for both. I doubt 2 days into TC would better his odds elsewhere to learn a new playbook, but hed still be able to showcase any improvement here in hopes of getting picked up after final cuts. end of the day, hes a bottom of the roster guy, no matter the team.

well maybe the bill or jets would be willing to trade for him.
    -JAB

I say cut ties with Perriman. He came into the NFL with drop issues and they continue to plague him and most likely always will. He can use the jugs machine all he wants, but what really counts is in-game action. Training camp I'm sure he'll look awesome again and make acrobatic catches. When the real deal comes, his nerves or whatever lack of mental focus he has will rear it's ugly head again and the drops will continue.
    I also don't see him being traded as I can't see any team who would want him. He's shown some hope in 2016, but 2017 was so bad for him, I just can't see his value.
    Crabtree, Brown, Sneed, Moore, two rookies, White...that's plenty IMO.

8. Re: Should the Ravens cut ties with Breshad Perriman?

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    If they keep him, then need to renegotiate something on that bonus.
    Not sure they can do that, but either way, I agree w/your point. They may have to actually cut him first, but I'm not sure of that. Anyhow, I agree w/all the points being well made, both pro and con. My own personal opinion? I think he's leery of taking a hit. That's why he lights it up in practice and turns into a different guy during games. I could be wrong (?) If it were up to me, taking all the pros and cons in consideration, I'd do what you said......somehow get out of the roster bonus and give him a shot like any other Free Agent. Clean slate. At the vet minimum, if that's allowed (?). Possibly add some incentives (?) Either that, or send him packing. If they can get something in a trade, that'd be obviously better.

This has been a consistent issue with the Ravens-hanging on to players far too long. Perriman may go somewhere else and light it up-good for him. However, he's not a Raven. It's better to cut someone a year too early than a year too late. He had his shot-time to move on.

10. Re: Should the Ravens cut ties with Breshad Perriman?

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    At this point there's not much harm in keeping him through the preseason, if only to see how the injuries shake out. But he's going to have to show something incredible IN GAME during that time to warrant being kept over someone like Tim White.

edit: I didn't know he had a 650k bonus due before TC. That should be renegotiated, maybe pay half of it in June and pay the other half if he makes the team after preseason.
    Not sure, but I think it's actually due the 3rd day of camp, which doesn't make a whole lot of difference, I know. Two days to evaluate him isn't going to tell the team much. I'm sure it was added to his contract to give him time to catch on w/another team early on, if need be. I agree, though, no way on the bonus.

I feel like this is the 'Dan Cody' syndrome. Someone drafted that we had high hopes for got injured and could never get it together. I wish Perriman would have worked out, but it's not going to happen. Cut him and let these new rookies get some reps.

Keep him, right up through the first cuts in training camp. If he plays lights out IN GAMES in the first quarter, and you don't have a better overall option without baggage for the 53rd guy on the roster, keep him (on a very short leash).

In all other cases, cut him loose.