Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Should the Ravens cut ties with Breshad Perriman?

Is water wet?

Blog Entries

Perriman graded as the WORST wr in football last year according to PFF. He also had 4 drops to go with his 10 receptions. Cut him.

Blog Entries

The bonus is the issue to me. If it wasn't for that I'd let him compete for a job in camp. Is Perriman maybe making the team worth $650,000? My answer is no

Blog Entries

Makes no sense to keep him IMO. Your top 3 are set, I highly doubt they cut either drafted receiver, and Chris Moore is better in every area than Perriman is (which isn't saying much, but it's absolutely true).

Why would you keep a 7th receiver who would only play if there was a run on injuries at the position and who doesn't offer anything on special teams?
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The bonus is the issue to me. If it wasn't for that I'd let him compete for a job in camp. Is Perriman maybe making the team worth $650,000? My answer is no
    that bonus is a sticking point. When they drafted up the contract that was probably an after thought they didnt really think would be such a big issue.

its a lot of money coming off the season he did, and it just doesnt look good numbers wise for him to make it. If everybody stays healthy, hes off, but... is 650k for a WR that has had some success (30/500) worth an injury risk? IMO, hes the 2nd best deep guy on this team, if only by default. were really thin after Brown.

Im still mixed on whether he should get his chance in TC. I think he should but for 650k im not sure. crab, brown, snead, lasley, & Scott, are pretty much locks, imo. Moore and White may be the best of the rest because of ST. that really hurts his chances. hes a guy thats really entering year 3, and hasnt had many TCs due to injury. Id like to see what a full TC could do for him, but even thats no guarantee with his injury history.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Makes no sense to keep him IMO. Your top 3 are set, I highly doubt they cut either drafted receiver, and Chris Moore is better in every area than Perriman is (which isn't saying much, but it's absolutely true).

Why would you keep a 7th receiver who would only play if there was a run on injuries at the position and who doesn't offer anything on special teams?
    because injuries happen before the season. thats it. it really comes down to the 650k vs depth for the PS because of one of those guys were relying on going down.
    -JAB

I'd cut him. I'd rather see Jordan Lasley awkwardly try and catch the ball than BP. At least one was a late round pick who I expect it from and not a frigging first rounder.

It's unfortunate, but hey WR busts aren't new to this fan base.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    because injuries happen before the season. thats it. it really comes down to the 650k vs depth for the PS because of one of those guys were relying on going down.
    I think an argument can be made that you could find a street free agent who would give you what Perriman would give you at this point.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I think an argument can be made that you could find a street free agent who would give you what Perriman would give you at this point.
    Well, I am known to drop the ball Bhc!
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

See how he looks in camp but likely cut before the bonus is due

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Isn't the bonus due at the start of June?
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    See how he looks in camp but likely cut before the bonus is due
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Isn't the bonus due at the start of June?
    Its due after OTAs, before TC IIRC.

possibly. I think its harder to find a deep threat with upside that he brings, but yeah, you can probably find a better WR in general.
    -JAB