Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Correa moving back to OLB

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Year 4. What a waste of a pick...
    He was selected in 2016. This will be year 3.

Quote Originally Posted by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ View Post
    KC, who was a 2016 draftee (2nd Round), is actually going into his third year here. Another player practically picked right after him (in the 3rd Round of that same draft), Bronson Kaufusi, also has not panned out thus far. Albeit he too has previously been under the "tutelage" of that VAUNTED 'Pees-vent Dean-fense'! Granted, they could merely be busts in the making, much like what became of both Matt Elam & Arthur Brown, 1st & 2nd Rounders in 2013, respectively. Beyond them, there is an additional pair of high/early picks whom appear on the fast-track en route toward said negative distinction: Breshad Perriman & Maxx Williams.

Interestingly enough, those latter two were also coincidentally consecutive 1st & 2nd Rounders. Quite frankly, it is downright eerie—at best, that is—regarding the similarities in each of these half-dozen guys' situations. I suppose the particularly haunting part in all of it, however, is that it simply boils down to bad scouting/drafting in the proverbial worst-case scenario(s). Whether we can surmise the reality via finite explanations tends to be moot, though, since the end results unfortunately seem to always wind up precisely the same: porous performances that adversely impact the franchise both during the present and in the future!
    Nice first post! Welcome to the board. Your handle, however ... looks Greek to me!

Correa was unimpressive as a rookie at OLB to put it kindly. He got pushed around. As bad as that was, he was worse at ILB in year 2 without instincts to shoot a gap or get off blocks. Barring injury to the big 5 in the OLB rotation, I don't see a clear path to a roster spot. He does make a solid ST contribution, but others can fill those roles. I think he's a better OLB than ILB, but whatever play he gets this Summer is likely a showcase for a trade.

Za'Darius Smith played out of position, which hurt his pass rush totals in 2017, but he was still disruptive rushing primarily from the inside. For several reasons, including the contract year, better usage from Wink, and a more aggressive overall scheme, he's a player I would select for a breakout. The Ravens will almost certainly have to let him walk for some compensatory value. I don't believe there is a team that would put full value on Smith, which is why I think they'll keep him and have better pass rush depth.

Blog Entries

Smh pure fuckery

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ View Post
    KC, who was a 2016 draftee (2nd Round), is actually going into his third year here. Another player practically picked right after him (in the 3rd Round of that same draft), Bronson Kaufusi, also has not panned out thus far. Albeit he too has previously been under the "tutelage" of that VAUNTED 'Pees-vent Dean-fense'! Granted, they could merely be busts in the making, much like what became of both Matt Elam & Arthur Brown, 1st & 2nd Rounders in 2013, respectively. Beyond them, there is an additional pair of high/early picks whom appear on the fast-track en route toward said negative distinction: Breshad Perriman & Maxx Williams.

Interestingly enough, those latter two were also coincidentally consecutive 1st & 2nd Rounders. Quite frankly, it is downright eerie—at best, that is—regarding the similarities in each of these half-dozen guys' situations. I suppose the particularly haunting part in all of it, however, is that it simply boils down to bad scouting/drafting in the proverbial worst-case scenario(s). Whether we can surmise the reality via finite explanations tends to be moot, though, since the end results unfortunately seem to always wind up precisely the same: porous performances that adversely impact the franchise both during the present and in the future!
    I thought it was the 4th but you are correct it's year 3.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    I thought they DID try Correa at OLB during prior training camps and he just didn’t have the skill set to rush the passer or generate pressure, and was mediocre in run support, so they tried to see if his athleticism would let him switch to ILB where his lack of pass rush moves wouldn’t be a detriment and they could salvage the pick.

Or maybe I’m just used to our pass rushing OLBs outside of Suggs sucking and it’s tainting my memory.

Either way with Tim Williams and Tyus Bowser looking like more promising pass rush OLB candidates Correa is gonna have to step up bigtime to make this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    over his 2 years, your timeline is correct. He was mostly OLB that mixed in a little at ILB (PS) as a rookie. year 2 there was a hole at WILL and they got him to focus more on ILB to fill that need. He was not good at OLB when he did play. Didnt have the strength to use his bull rush, and his quickness wasnt as fast on this level. The move inside wasnt giving up on him outside, though he didnt show much, it was just to fill a need and try to get him on the field where he wasnt going to play on the Outside (he would be last out of Suggs, Judon, Smith, Bowser and even Williams). They always viewed him as a jack of all trades LB, they liked his versatility.

If hes moved outside, id be looking to see if Bowser is moved inside to WILL (they viewed him similarly as far as flexibility). I know a lot of fans are down on him, and he didnt show much so far, but I still think with some experience hed be fine inside. most of it was mental imo, and that comes with reps at the position. Hes entering year 3 and sometimes the lights come on that year. Ive seen some videos of when the rookies came in and he was working out at the castle, so its not for lack of dedication. Im stil rooting for the kid, and i hope he shows a lot of people wrong, but its not like this team hasnt drafted some duds before and/or I havent been wrong about a player.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    GreatWhiteNorthRaven mentioned his tape and I do remember Boise State moving him around. It's just that, from what I saw, he wasn't good at it. As GWNR mentioned, his responsibilities were usually limited when they moved him around and on the occasion that they tried to expand his responsibilities you could see why.
    It's one thing to rush from the ILB spot or merely have RB responsibility in man coverage (you're literally chasing the guy whether it's a run or a pass). It's another to play ILB in its entirety, especially with drop zones.

I feel bad for the guy. I do remember him getting stonewalled a lot of as a rookie OLB and hey maybe that was his fate, but they should have given him at least 2 years there to see if he could cut it OR use him as an inside rusher or something at ILB. But ole Dean doesn't like ot change roles to fit guys in.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    Correa was unimpressive as a rookie at OLB to put it kindly. He got pushed around. As bad as that was, he was worse at ILB in year 2 without instincts to shoot a gap or get off blocks. Barring injury to the big 5 in the OLB rotation, I don't see a clear path to a roster spot. He does make a solid ST contribution, but others can fill those roles. I think he's a better OLB than ILB, but whatever play he gets this Summer is likely a showcase for a trade.

Za'Darius Smith played out of position, which hurt his pass rush totals in 2017, but he was still disruptive rushing primarily from the inside. For several reasons, including the contract year, better usage from Wink, and a more aggressive overall scheme, he's a player I would select for a breakout. The Ravens will almost certainly have to let him walk for some compensatory value. I don't believe there is a team that would put full value on Smith, which is why I think they'll keep him and have better pass rush depth.
    I’d like to see both of them jettisoned off the team.

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    I’d like to see both of them jettisoned off the team.
    Hey look, something I agree with Filth on.

His Paul Kruger like career track seems to be right on schedule.

I'm so glad Pees is gone.

Our obsession with trying to change players positions is amazing to me. My guess is it stemmed from the 90s,2000s Pats and trying to get a draft steal in some way. It just doesn't make sense and I can't recall it working. Moving a tackle to guard sure but trying to cram an undersized OLB into a MLB position makes sense in what world?

One of my most hated picks in the recent years, I hope he works out of course...