Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

What is on your travel bucketlist?

We have been to or through all 50 states through the years, visiting mostly all of the National Parks and the normal touristy, must see or recommended attractions in the country. Been on about a half dozen cruises, mostly the Caribbean. Last year we went to Australia and New Zealand. This year we are going to Ireland, early next year, a cruise through the Panama Canal.
    What areas of this country, or other cities, or countries have you checked off and what is left on your must see or do bucket list? Any recommendations or must see places or events are surely welcome.

Re: What is on your travel bucketlist?

How was your time in Australia/New Zealand? that's a big one on our list.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    We have been to or through all 50 states through the years, visiting mostly all of the National Parks and the normal touristy, must see or recommended attractions in the country. Been on about a half dozen cruises, mostly the Caribbean. Last year we went to Australia and New Zealand. This year we are going to Ireland, early next year, a cruise through the Panama Canal.
    What areas of this country, or other cities, or countries have you checked off and what is left on your must see or do bucket list? Any recommendations or must see places or events are surely welcome.
    Rome and Vatican City. So much impressive stuff there. It'll get to the point that even great statues or fountains that you would stop dead in your tracks in any other city will seem common place and you'll just go eh, nice and continue to move along.

been to a few cool places in the Pacific...
    Bora Bora
    Moorea (island off Tahiti)
    Australia (Sydney and Cannes)
    Hawaii and Guam for work so didn't get to see as much, but still cool

Also been to Spain, Bermuda, Dominican Republic, and Mexico. Still much of the world left to see.

Places that top my list to see first...
    Italy (preferably southern/Sicily where my dad's side is from)
    Greece
    Eastern Europe (Balkans like Croatia, Romania)
    France
    Ireland
    Portugal
    Morocco
    South Africa
    Thailand
    Anywhere in South America
    New Zealand

I'm sure I'm missing a bunch! Happy to answer questions about any of the places I've been to.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I've been dreaming of Norway for years. The mountains, fjords and seas just seem amazing. I had some neighbors from Oslo who moved back several years ago and their stories and pictures really convinced me that Norway was a place I needed to see

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Rome and Vatican City. So much impressive stuff there. It'll get to the point that even great statues or fountains that you would stop dead in your tracks in any other city will seem common place and you'll just go eh, nice and continue to move along.
    my wife and a few friends visited Rome, Vatican City (which is eh...minus the Sistine Chapel), Cinque Terre, Florence, and Venice about 7 years ago. It was the most wonderful trip of my life. To say it's beautiful is an understatement. It's world history. Not US history...world history. It's pretty moving to see it all in person.

FWIW, Cinque Terre is a hidden gem in the Tuscany region of Italy and is w/o a doubt the most beautiful place I've ever seen. We all went on a sunset cruise and drank prosecco and ate cheese and honey. We all got blitzed. I was standing at the tip of the boat screaming I'm the king of the world (I know...corny/white). The sun was setting over the mountains in the Med Sea and the weather was picture perfect. It was mind-numbingly amazing. I hope every person I know can experience it at some point in their life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqOxD-ysk8E
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 05-23-2018 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    my wife and a few friends visited Rome, Vatican City (which is eh...minus the Sistine Chapel), Cinque Terre, Florence, and Venice about 7 years ago. It was the most wonderful trip of my life. To say it's beautiful is an understatement. It's world history. Not US history...world history. It's pretty moving to see it all in person.

FWIW, Cinque Terre is a hidden gem in the Tuscany region of Italy and is w/o a doubt the most beautiful place I've ever seen. We all went on a sunset cruise and drank prosecco and ate cheese and honey. We all got blitzed. I was standing at the tip of the boat screaming I'm the king of the world (I know...corny/white). The sun was setting over the mountains in the Med Sea and the weather was picture perfect. It was mind-numbingly amazing. I hope every person I know can experience it at some point in their life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqOxD-ysk8E
    I'm a wino so Tuscany and any other wine regions are at the top of my list!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I really wanna get to Santorini soon.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    I'm a wino so Tuscany and any other wine regions are at the top of my list!
    They've got a bunch and they're all historic and old and incredible.

My friends left Cinque Terre a day early to actually go and visit a few wineries in the region while my wife and I stayed and hiked around the towns while drinking a ton of Peroni. Damn was it fun!

Blog Entries

I've always wanted to go to Banff in Canada. Pictures are just beautiful.

Other than that Italy, Germany and Ireland.

And last but not least. I'd love to Africa on a bunch of safaris to see some apex predators do their thing.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I really wanna get to Santorini soon.
    Check out the Sea Side hotel. It's on the 'black beach'. Ask for the room overlooking the water.
    We stayed there. (it's not a huge glamourous room or anything like US hotels) It was at the end of the walk so it was quiet. Walked out, went to the beach, paid the guy a few bucks to have our lounge chair and umbrellas for all day. Walked back the hotel at lunch, went back to our saved seats. Walked back for dinner. Saw the owner come in from fishing with the catch of the day served at the place. Very relaxing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    How was your time in Australia/New Zealand? that's a big one on our list.
    Awesome 3 week trip down under. here are some highlights.
    Auckland – city tour
    Rotorua – glow worm caves, geyser, mud pot area, Tamaki Maori Village
    Christchurch - Mount Cook
    Queenstown – beautiful little town, Milford Sound Coach Cruise
    Sydney – city tour, Opera House, Darling Harbour, Bondi Beach, Taronga Zoo,
    Blue Mountains - Kuranda by scenic railway
    Cairns - Kuranda Classic Tour with Train Skyrail, Great Barrier Reef snorkeling
    Ayers Rock, Uluru Sacred Sites sunrise and Sunset
    Alice Springs – nothing special there
    Melbourne – city tour, Penguins tour to Phillip Island(really cool)