Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Shut up and dribble

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Young man let me give you a historical context. Basketball has always been a BLACK sport. For years even though the NBA was a 80 percent black sport it was coached exclusively by white men. The inference being blacks lacked the brainpower to coach, forget about having opinions about social issues. There has always been a racist narrative that black folks can only play sports and not have opinions that are DIFFERENT than the privileged majority.

For that ugly ass trap jaw from He man looking white woman to say shut up and dribble and say Lebron should stick to basketball is so over the top, I don’t know how she still has a job. And for black folks who let this kind of shit slide, they just continue with the tradition of other sambos, Daniel booners, and Stephen from Django. Did Laura Ingram tell Ted Nugent to shut up and play? Ugly ass racist trap jawed herbivore she is!
    You got all that from shut up and dribble?

Damn it’s like you wanted to see racism there. That’s not normally like you

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    You got all that from shut up and dribble?

Damn it’s like you wanted to see racism there. That’s not normally like you
    Well millions of people saw it as well. Maybe you did not see it because you are who we talking about!!!

Did Laura Ingram tell Ted Nugent to shut up and play? Ugly ass racist trap jawed herbivore she is!
    Well she did tell the Dixie Chicks to Shut up and Sing.
    Roibert DeNiro to Shut up and Act
    oh and in the basketball vein, Gregg Popovich to Shut up and Coach.

Oh and lets not also forget it was actually the word DRIBBLE that the troll claimed he found offensive. Shut up and play would have been OK.
    It's fake outrage. Easy attempt to try and shut down opponents without making solid well thought out cogent arguments.

Blog Entries

after all this time, im still not convinced people actually listened to the interview. He did go on to explain why he felt Trump "doesnt care about the people." he brought up his childhood, what the president meant to him then, what it does now and how hes taking a more active role to be an example for our youth that he doesnt feel the president is being. You can disagree with his reasons/opinion, but he did add context and personal experience/support to that statement.

IIRC i even asked that question and some admitted to not listening to it. race wasnt even brought up by lebron in that segment about Trump ("(the president) doesnt care about black people" was kanye about Bush, lebron didnt talk about race). the reporter stated "I shouldnt be numb to his racist comments", which was the only time race was even brought up, and they moved to the next topic after she said it. Laura called him a "dumb athlete" for grammar and having an opposing opinion. Laura feels people that arent elected into politics shouldnt discuss politics (particularly those that oppose her beliefs as she doesnt call out conservative celebrities doing the same). By that standard we should all shut up, because were unqualified but talking politics? good luck with this opinionated crowd.

Its not racist, its her shtick and its suppression of dissent not racism. This plays into the overuse of racism thread, because trying to tell somebody theyre inferior and should be silenced, just because you dont agree with their view, gets mixed up with race somehow. If She called out Pop, Van Gundy or Kerr for doing the same, it wouldnt be about race at all, but it would be the exact same context. why she didnt call them out is why people connect the dots to racism (she only told the black guys theyre dumb and inferior), but thats an assumption. reality is she called out Lebron, probably partly because hes not as articulate, but also because he has a bigger audience and she did it for publicity. It got legs, so she accomplished her goal.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    after all this time, im still not convinced people actually listened to the interview. He did go on to explain why he felt Trump "doesnt care about the people." he brought up his childhood, what the president meant to him then, what it does now and how hes taking a more active role to be an example for our youth that he doesnt feel the president is being. You can disagree with his reasons/opinion, but he did add context and personal experience/support to that statement.

IIRC i even asked that question and some admitted to not listening to it. race wasnt even brought up by lebron in that segment about Trump ("(the president) doesnt care about black people" was kanye about Bush, lebron didnt talk about race). the reporter stated "I shouldnt be numb to his racist comments", which was the only time race was even brought up, and they moved to the next topic after she said it. Laura called him a "dumb athlete" for grammar and having an opposing opinion. Laura feels people that arent elected into politics shouldnt discuss politics (particularly those that oppose her beliefs as she doesnt call out conservative celebrities doing the same). By that standard we should all shut up, because were unqualified but talking politics? good luck with this opinionated crowd.

Its not racist, its her shtick and its suppression of dissent not racism. This plays into the overuse of racism thread, because trying to tell somebody theyre inferior and should be silenced, just because you dont agree with their view, gets mixed up with race somehow. If She called out Pop, Van Gundy or Kerr for doing the same, it wouldnt be about race at all, but it would be the exact same context. why she didnt call them out is why people connect the dots to racism (she only told the black guys theyre dumb and inferior), but thats an assumption. reality is she called out Lebron, probably partly because hes not as articulate, but also because he has a bigger audience and she did it for publicity. It got legs, so she accomplished her goal.
    "they wasn't educated" - LBJ

...referring to the 60+ million people in this country who voted for DJT.

The man is an idiot. If he wants to debate someone about whether or not the POTUS cares about people, LBJ needs to do a little homework. He didn't He just mouthed off and someone called him out. Just stick to dribbling little man.

I did see the interview and no...he didn't back anything up. He gave personal anecdotes about what a president means to him and how Trump isn't that. That's not backing it up. That's being a child.

It's funny to hear you say that LI doesn't want people outside of politics speaking about politics. That's clearly not true. If you speak about ANYTHING, at least make an academic argument and sound like a mench. LBJ didn't. She called him out.

Maxine Waters and numerous other talking heads in liberal-ville told Kanye West that he's mentally incompetent and shouldn't "speak out of turn." That's ok. You just can't tell LBJ to shut up. He's too important to society. Please.

LBJ injected race into this by claiming LI's comments were racist. They weren't. He incited the dialogue by infusing the r-word into the conversation. He basically got a taste of his own medicine and whined in the press. He's not used to things not going his way and he reacted like most lazy, simple-minded idiots react. Claim racism!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    The man is an idiot. If he wants to debate someone about whether or not the POTUS cares about people, LBJ needs to do a little homework. He didn't He just mouthed off and someone called him out. Just stick to dribbling little man.

I did see the interview and no...he didn't back anything up. He gave personal anecdotes about what a president means to him and how Trump isn't that. That's not backing it up. That's being a child.
    we disagree. Personal experiences, and describing exactly why he said the comment is what hes being called out for not doing, which he did do. He did support why he feels that way, you just disagree with his reasoning and are claiming it invalid yourself. He can support his claim and still not persuade you to feel differently.

calling the voters dumb, wasnt a good thing, just as LI calling him dumb, wasnt a good thing. they both did that. Kanye's current whatever is another topic and/or example of the same suppression of dissent. people cant believe that hed have an opposing opinion, so they belittle him and say he shouldnt speak his mind. Thats exactly what Ingraham did. as soon as there is a different standard for those that agree with your opinion, than oppose it, thats a problem. shes very guilty of that. shes not guilty of racism. those bashing kanye right now, are likely guilty of the same, but I admit, i dont follow kanye that much. the little i know seems to be the exact same thing, but the opposite political spectrum. I dont believe I claimed this is something that only LI or conservatives do, so using a different example doesnt really change anything from my perspective, but it certainly seems you dont see the similarities between the two.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Oh and lets not also forget it was actually the word DRIBBLE that the troll claimed he found offensive. Shut up and play would have been OK.
    It's fake outrage. Easy attempt to try and shut down opponents without making solid well thought out cogent arguments.
    That's correct.

So which is it filth?

this...
    If she said shut up and draw a foul or shut up or take a charge, no one would have blinked an eye. But she said shut up and dribble, which has a negative social connotation for the last 60 years. She’s too smart not to know what she said was racially charged, and if she didn’t realize it, she shouldn’t be on the air. I got no problems with people having opposing views. Just say what you mean.
    or this...
    Young man let me give you a historical context. Basketball has always been a BLACK sport. For years even though the NBA was a 80 percent black sport it was coached exclusively by white men. The inference being blacks lacked the brainpower to coach, forget about having opinions about social issues. There has always been a racist narrative that black folks can only play sports and not have opinions that are DIFFERENT than the privileged majority.

For that ugly ass trap jaw from He man looking white woman to say shut up and dribble and say Lebron should stick to basketball is so over the top, I don’t know how she still has a job. And for black folks who let this kind of shit slide, they just continue with the tradition of other sambos, Daniel booners, and Stephen from Django. Did Laura Ingram tell Ted Nugent to shut up and play? Ugly ass racist trap jawed herbivore she is!
    Enlighten us.

King Bigot is calling you to court and demands answers!

Blog Entries

we disagree. Personal experiences, and describing exactly why he said the comment is what hes being called out for not doing, which he did do. He did support why he feels that way, you just disagree with his reasoning and are claiming it invalid yourself. He can support his claim and still not persuade you to feel differently.

calling the voters dumb, wasnt a good thing, just as LI calling him dumb, wasnt a good thing. they both did that. Kanye's current whatever is another topic and/or example of the same suppression of dissent. people cant believe that hed have an opposing opinion, so they belittle him and say he shouldnt speak his mind. Thats exactly what Ingraham did. as soon as there is a different standard for those that agree with your opinion, than oppose it, thats a problem. shes very guilty of that. shes not guilty of racism. those bashing kanye right now, are likely guilty of the same, but I admit, i dont follow kanye that much. the little i know seems to be the exact same thing, but the opposite political spectrum. I dont believe I claimed this is something that only LI or conservatives do, so using a different example doesnt really change anything from my perspective, but it certainly seems you dont see the similarities between the two.
    In what part of what Lebron said is evidence towards "Trump doesn't give a fuck about people"?

Blog Entries

In what part of what Lebron said is evidence towards "Trump doesn't give a fuck about people"?
    His disregard for what/how he says things. the whole conversation was about the way he speaks and how its not common of a role model (we cannot control what comes out of his mouth), that the president usually is. they werent discussing policy, they were talking about communication. Oddly, something that Lebron isnt good at either, hes not articulate himself.

I think plenty of people took the headline grab and filled in the context, but that entire conversation was about being role models and communications part in that. the question was "how do athletes discuss political issues in the current environment."
    -JAB

Blog Entries

His disregard for what/how he says things. the whole conversation was about the way he speaks and how its not common of a role model (we cannot control what comes out of his mouth), that the president usually is. they werent discussing policy, they were talking about communication. Oddly, something that Lebron isnt good at either, hes not articulate himself.
    Yeah,I read Lebron's comments on it. I don't see how that's evidence of not caring about people.

Blog Entries

Yeah,I read Lebron's comments on it. I don't see how that's evidence of not caring about people.
    ok. do you think he was answering that question to convince you?
    -JAB