Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Shut up and dribble

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    If you are an adult in 2018 and don’t see the racism in this statement, you are not qualified to talk about anything in regards to multiculturalism and race. You are to ignorant to add anything of substance.

https://youtu.be/kcCaBsWUdf0
    You've got your ball
    You've got your chain
    Tied to me tight tie me up again
    Who's got their claws
    In you my friend
    Into your heart I'll beat again
    Sweet like candy to my soul
    Sweet you rock
    And sweet you roll
    Lost for you I'm so lost for you
    You come crash into me

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    You've got your ball
    You've got your chain
    Who's got their claws
    In you my friend
    Sweet you rock
    And sweet you roll
    You come crash into me
    Shut up and be offbeat

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    You've got your ball
    You've got your chain
    Who's got their claws
    In you my friend
    Sweet you rock
    And sweet you roll
    You come crash into me
    You gonna type out the rest? This threads about to get weird, lol.

Blog Entries

If you are an adult in 2018 and don’t see the racism in this statement, you are not qualified to talk about anything in regards to multiculturalism and race. You are to ignorant to add anything of substance.

https://youtu.be/kcCaBsWUdf0
    You typed all that when you could have just told us why it was racist

Blog Entries

Shut up and be offbeat
    Racist

Ive had a chance to read most of the source material here, thanks for providing.

I don't think the comment was meant to be racist (it wasn't said with malice). I think it was meant to be funny and missed the mark. On a side note, Laura shouldn't try to be funny, not a good look on her.

However, I can see how it was seen as racist. Telling any man to "shut up and do your job" when talking about something they did off the job is kind of an asshole move. This is not the same as kneeling. Lebron did not bring this to the court.

Telling a black man to shut up and do his job can probably take some older heads back to the times of the civil rights movement, when the black man was not allowed to voice his opinion.

I don't believe it was a racist comment, but I understand why it was perceived that way.

And sometimes perception is reality.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Ive had a chance to read most of the source material here, thanks for providing.

I don't think the comment was meant to be racist (it wasn't said with malice). I think it was meant to be funny and missed the mark. On a side note, Laura shouldn't try to be funny, not a good look on her.

However, I can see how it was seen as racist. Telling any man to "shut up and do your job" when talking about something they did off the job is kind of an asshole move. This is not the same as kneeling. Lebron did not bring this to the court.

Telling a black man to shut up and do his job can probably take some older heads back to the times of the civil rights movement, when the black man was not allowed to voice his opinion.

I don't believe it was a racist comment, but I understand why it was perceived that way.

We've been through this on here a lot, but since you're new to this discussion I'll go down that road again for a bit.

Lebron said Trump doesn't give a fuck about black people. With nothing to back up his claim. There should have been something that prompted that in recent news or in Trump's presidency at least. There hasn't been, so he should shut up or articulate what he meant. He didn't, so he should shut up and stick to his job - dribbling, shooting, blocking, rebounding.

If someone perceives this as racist, it's because they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    We've been through this on here a lot, but since you're new to this discussion I'll go down that road again for a bit.

Lebron said Trump doesn't give a fuck about black people. With nothing to back up his claim. There should have been something that prompted that in recent news or in Trump's presidency at least. There hasn't been, so he should shut up or articulate what he meant. He didn't, so he should shut up and stick to his job - dribbling, shooting, blocking, rebounding.

If someone perceives this as racist, it's because they want to.
    Yeah it's not like Lebron made a cogent well reasoned argument and was told to shut up and dribble. He spouted garbage not worthy of being taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Yeah it's not like Lebron made a cogent well reasoned argument and was told to shut up and dribble. He spouted garbage not worthy of being taken seriously.
    Then why reply to it at all. Leave it alone.

Then why reply to it at all. Leave it alone.
    Who cares?

A TV commentator did a 120 second segment on some jackass basketball player sounding off like a moron and saying derogatory shit about a topic he knows nothing about...

"they wasn't educated" - LBJ

She should've told him to STFU and go sit and spin. The precious King and "chosen one" who said..."I'm too important to society to shut up" got his feelings hurt.

He was called out and he didn't like it. That's the only reason this was a news story.

If Michael Jordan gave an interview in 1995 and said..."Bill Clinton don't give a fuck about people"...I'm pretty sure a lot of people would've reacted pretty strongly. Because it's 2018 and people like LBJ have fragile egos, how dare anyone say something back to him to impune his comment. He's LBJ!! You don't tell someone like him to shutup.

Give me a break.

Young man let me give you a historical context. Basketball has always been a BLACK sport. For years even though the NBA was a 80 percent black sport it was coached exclusively by white men. The inference being blacks lacked the brainpower to coach, forget about having opinions about social issues. There has always been a racist narrative that black folks can only play sports and not have opinions that are DIFFERENT than the privileged majority.

For that ugly ass trap jaw from He man looking white woman to say shut up and dribble and say Lebron should stick to basketball is so over the top, I don’t know how she still has a job. And for black folks who let this kind of shit slide, they just continue with the tradition of other sambos, Daniel booners, and Stephen from Django. Did Laura Ingram tell Ted Nugent to shut up and play? Ugly ass racist trap jawed herbivore she is!

Young man let me give you a historical context. Basketball has always been a BLACK sport. For years even though the NBA was a 80 percent black sport it was coached exclusively by white men. The inference being blacks lacked the brainpower to coach, forget about having opinions about social issues. There has always been a racist narrative that black folks can only play sports and not have opinions that are DIFFERENT than the privileged majority.

For that ugly ass trap jaw from He man looking white woman to say shut up and dribble and say Lebron should stick to basketball is so over the top, I don’t know how she still has a job. And for black folks who let this kind of shit slide, they just continue with the tradition of other sambos, Daniel booners, and Stephen from Django. Did Laura Ingram tell Ted Nugent to shut up and play? Ugly ass racist trap jawed herbivore she is!
    I hung up the phone tonight
    Something happened for the first time deep inside
    It was a rush, what a rush

'Cause the possibility
    That you would ever feel the same way about me
    It's just too much, just too much

Why do I keep running from the truth?
    All I ever think about is you
    You got me hypnotized, so mesmerized
    And I've just got to know

Do you ever think when you're all alone
    All that we can be, where this thing can go?
    Am I crazy or falling in love?
    Is it real or just another crush?