Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Rules

Blog Entries

Thumbs down Re: New Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Calvert View Post
    They 100% make money off of this, paid by the military along with all the other nationalist crap they shove down our throats.
    Yeah, along with freedom of speech, of the press (media), travel, from fear of foreign invasion, etc. While you wish they wouldn't shove that down our throats, millions come to our shores (legal and illegal) to have that crap shoved down their throats. Funny, I don't see anyone leaving . Gee, I wonder why? ... Bc

Re: New Rules

Quote Originally Posted by brown2RAVEN View Post
    Yeah sounds like lots of changes. I don't pretend to understand kickoff rules to begin with, but they added a lot changes. A lot of work for Special Teams coaches.

Onside kicks would seem to more difficult now, but again I don't pretend to understand kickoff rules.
    My thought as well. Can't be unbalanced now.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Glad that is over.

I really missed this place. I apologize to all that I may have offended getting sucked into the politics area. But that is life, we often get swept up in the moment, the emotion. Much like players protesting. My protest was dumping all my Raven's gear and not following the team or posting on here much. Regardless of the Anthem, where you come down on it, workplace vs free speech, at the end of the day we are all humans, we all make our own choices and try to live others as well as our own.

Being against the protest, I must still tip a hat to the players though I admonished them heavily. They did get about $90 million out of the owners to do some positive work in the community, so it all can't be bad right? I just don't want politics in my face when I am trying to escape for a few hours. Not the merits of the Anthem, the merits of the protest. I just want to talk football, watch football.

Peace brothers and sisters.
    Welcome back

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

New Rules

The league can’t even decide what a catch is but they want to dictate how respect must be conducted. 🤦

And the title reminds me of Dua Lipa

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I defy any referee to actually understand the kickoff rule changes.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I defy any referee to actually understand the kickoff rule changes.
    Its just a step towards eliminating KOs

Blog Entries

Chris Long

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleWay86 View Post
    This is the answer.

We don't have the national anthem for any of our other forms of entertainment (movies, concerts, plays etc.) so why do we do it for sports? Keep it for international stuff like the Olympics and the World Cup only.
    I agree with this, but the NFL will have to wait a few years to get rid of it, otherwise face all the negative publicity.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Yeah, along with freedom of speech, of the press (media), travel, from fear of foreign invasion, etc. While you wish they wouldn't shove that down our throats, millions come to our shores (legal and illegal) to have that crap shoved down their throats. Funny, I don't see anyone leaving . Gee, I wonder why? ... Bc
    Well said.

The NFL has always worked well with the armed forces. NFL games are the most watched shows on AFN. The NFL game is based on claiming, holding and defending territory. That's why military terminology like 'blitz' is part of the football. That relationship isn't and shouldn't go away.

Quote Originally Posted by TarHeels33 View Post
    Curious what is worse just for comparison: (a) a couple of guys kneeling to protest perceived inequality and perceived injustice, or (b) Roseanne Barr spitting and grabbing her crotch during her rendition of the National Anthem?
    I think she tried to be funny and mimic something that baseball players are stereotypically know for. Of course, the joke didn't land at all and she git a lot of backlash from it.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Chris Long

The NFLPA should match the dollars the NFL is donating. If they want to may a statement they should do it with a financial commitment. Let's get $180 million from these millionaires and billionaires going towards good causes. A lot of good can come from this.

Blog Entries

I may not even watch this season.