Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Rules

Blog Entries

Re: New Rules

Glad that is over.

I really missed this place. I apologize to all that I may have offended getting sucked into the politics area. But that is life, we often get swept up in the moment, the emotion. Much like players protesting. My protest was dumping all my Raven's gear and not following the team or posting on here much. Regardless of the Anthem, where you come down on it, workplace vs free speech, at the end of the day we are all humans, we all make our own choices and try to live others as well as our own.

Being against the protest, I must still tip a hat to the players though I admonished them heavily. They did get about $90 million out of the owners to do some positive work in the community, so it all can't be bad right? I just don't want politics in my face when I am trying to escape for a few hours. Not the merits of the Anthem, the merits of the protest. I just want to talk football, watch football.

Peace brothers and sisters.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    They should have removed the anthem from games altogether...
    This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Great news. If the players refuse to act like adults they can stay in the lockerroom
    And actually there’s nothing that can be done to the players. Fir any discipline to occur it would have to be collectively bargained for and agreed to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Great news. If the players refuse to act like adults they can stay in the lockerroom
    So the veteran who suggested kneeling wasn't acting like an adult with that suggestion?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I'm just going to copy and paste from the Other Teams/Around the League Thread:

So, a Veteran not only suggests to Kaepernick that kneeling was a better alternative, he even went so far as to say that kneeling is the most respectful sign you can show to the flag. Yet, all of that is forgotten, as the world attempts to speak for veterans such as the one who suggested that Kaepernick kneel, and now, players are mandated to stand if they enter the field for the anthem ceremony. All this does is set the NFL up for all of the players to stay in the locker room, and then ignorant fans, as in fans who don't know the history of the NFL, will shit all over them for not respecting the flag anyway, when in the not so distant past, none of the players were on the field for the anthem to begin with. They only started after the league itself participated in Paid Patriotism. This is nothing more than a load of sanctimonious bullshit, we all know it, but since a large contingent of NFL fans are ignorant of proper Flag etiquette (They've been holding the flag wrong for God knows how long), ignorant of the history of the league and quite frankly ignorant of the country's history, we have to have to bullshit.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I see this as a very good solution. Those who want to protest can still do it. It just can't be during a game. Go to all the rallies and speak to the media when you aren't working. Go write opinion pieces for the media in your town. Players and other NFL personnel can still use their fame to help make a difference. JJ Watt proved that. Kaepernick has done much more to gets his views across from tweets and interviews than he ever did from kneeling.

This new rule makes sense. It's going to work out for everyone

Blog Entries

I can go on NFLShop.com, right now, and find plenty of merchandise with the American Flag on it. It was found out years ago that the NFL was paid to have the players out for the anthem. The flag is not supposed to be held horizontally for a ceremony of that nature. It's not supposed to be waved about either. So, for the league to use the term, "Proper respect to the flag", is about as disingenuous as it gets. Unless of course, they're saying, "We can do what we want with the flag, but n*gger keep your mouth shut and stay in your place".

It gets me that it turned out this way for another reason as well. Had this been white players kneeling, under the suggestion of a black veteran, the political forum would be littered, absolutely littered, with people pointing out, that a black veteran originally suggested it. Now, all of a sudden, that it's the opposite, that is forgotten.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I see this as a very good solution. Those who want to protest can still do it. It just can't be during a game. Go to all the rallies and speak to the media when you aren't working. Go write opinion pieces for the media in your town. Players and other NFL personnel can still use their fame to help make a difference. JJ Watt proved that. Kaepernick has done much more to gets his views across from tweets and interviews than he ever did from kneeling.

This new rule makes sense. It's going to work out for everyone
    I don't see that Batman. I see players choosing to stay inside for the anthem, only to be booed when they finally come out of the tunnel, and to be scrutinized by the fanbase for being unpatriotic anyway.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 05-23-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I don't see that Batman. I see player choosing to stay inside for the anthem, only to be booed when they finally come out of the tunnel, and to be scrutinized by the fanbase for being unpatriotic anyway.
    During normal times it would have been interesting to see the reaction here if other more despotic, banana republic countries were dealing with a similar situation. My guess is most here would have thought it was a bit of a farce at best. Even more so for an established democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I don't see that Batman. I see player choosing to stay inside for the anthem, only to be booed when they finally come out of the tunnel, and to be scrutinized by the fanbase for being unpatriotic anyway.
    This is exactly what's going to happen. It's not about "respecting the flag" and it never was. It's about making primarily young black men obey primarily old, rich white men.

Blog Entries

That kickoff rule is a doozy.

Blog Entries

I'm still trying to grasp the kickoff rule. It seems that they are trying to limit the running start that players get on kickoffs, to limit injuries.