Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Eagles Release LB Mychal Kendricks

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The fit is there but I don't see how the Steelers are paying for him.

Shazier is a real problem for the Steelers. They gave him the 5th year option which they had to decide on last year. The one thing it's guaranteed for is injury. That means $8.7 million against the cap for a guy who won't be on the team. The Steelers have about $6 million in cap space.

I don't know what kind of cushion they need for injuries but Kendricks would have to give them a deal to make that work.
    Music to my ears GOTA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was waiting for Philly's cap bubble to burst. Albeit this looks like a planned move.

The Ravens happen to have some cap space right now -- I don't know if they can put a winning bid in for Kendricks but they should try.

Next year yes they could afford both Kendricks and Mosley on big contracts, if they so choose. Plenty of clearable space with the right cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by crabcakes View Post
    Kinda like if LJ is so great, why did every team pass on him, and why did the ravens pass on him 3 times...
    Do you pay sticker price when you buy a car, or do you try to get it as cheaply as possible?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    If he's so good, why did Philly release him? Off the field issues, injury issues, clubhouse cancer, possible recreational or performance enhancing issues, etc? A release at this time of year makes me suspicious. Just sayin....
    He was basically a two down linebacker and was eating up too much cap space for that projected role.

If we're looking for a WILL that will play against the run well I'd rather take a chance on a guy like Cushing on the cheap.

I don't think Kendricks will get that much because he doesn't play the pass well, but he's 27 and is a solid player so he'll still get some moeny.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Always kind of knew he wasn't a good fit for them.

I'd love to have him here in Baltimore. I'm not sure where he'd fit in...but I always thought he was a pretty good LB.
    I wanted him since he came out. he was a good player in college.

Hes a hell of a football player but the biggest knock is that hes not great at coverage, despite being a great athlete. I dont know thats all his fault, as I dont think his coaches helped him (Pees and Mosley comes to mind). I know theres mixed feelings on how good/bad he is in coverage across the board (fans, media, etc). I think much like mosley gets knocked here, hes not as bad as his reputation.

Id love to have him here and see what he can do with us. I dont think we have the cap to bring him here, as im sure hell be a hot commodity, but id roll the dice that we can get more out of him, and if we get him on a multi-year, maybe that makes re-signing mosley less of a need, assuming he comes in much cheaper. only would give us more leverage either way.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    If we're looking for a WILL that will play against the run well I'd rather take a chance on a guy like Cushing on the cheap.

I don't think Kendricks will get that much because he doesn't play the pass well, but he's 27 and is a solid player so he'll still get some moeny.
    I agree with Cushing on the cheap, if he's kept in check he could prove a good signing

Quote Originally Posted by horus13 View Post
    I agree with Cushing on the cheap, if he's kept in check he could prove a good signing
    My expectations would be low. He's definitely not the playerh e once was and he has durability concerns, but all of that means he may come cheap. I'd give it a look for sure and I think it's within our budget.

TBH One of our big holes is that WILL spot. I really wasn't a fan of Peanut. Correa sucks. Kenny Young could be good, but obviously we have no clue. It'd be great if we had a coverage guy to take Mosely's current role. I feel like if Mosely was allowed to be a WILL in this defense he could be very good because he can tackle and when we go 2 ILB in coverage we know Mosely is at least decent at it.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    My expectations would be low. He's definitely not the playerh e once was and he has durability concerns, but all of that means he may come cheap. I'd give it a look for sure and I think it's within our budget.

TBH One of our big holes is that WILL spot. I really wasn't a fan of Peanut. Correa sucks. Kenny Young could be good, but obviously we have no clue. It'd be great if we had a coverage guy to take Mosely's current role. I feel like if Mosely was allowed to be a WILL in this defense he could be very good because he can tackle and when we go 2 ILB in coverage we know Mosely is at least decent at it.
    He was one of the best coverage LBs in 2016 and that's not so long ago; when Daryl Smith came to us in 2013 he was pretty much same age and injury history
    Also agree that it will allow us to assess Mosley to full extend and help with easing Kenny Young in

Blog Entries

Wouldn’t mind Kendrick’s but I still would rather see them bring in a veteran 2 down LB. I think Navarro Bowman would be the best fit and should be plenty cheap for what you’re getting but doesn’t seem to be much action on him so far.

Blog Entries

still a little confused why they cut him other than cap savings. It's not like they have an abundance of LBs

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    still a little confused why they cut him other than cap savings. It's not like they have an abundance of LBs
    There really isn't too many guys they cna cut that saves money from what I can see.
    - Ray Lewis