Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Eagles Release LB Mychal Kendricks

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    still a little confused why they cut him other than cap savings. It's not like they have an abundance of LBs
    They only play 2 LB's on passing downs. He's the third LB. Again it's cap hit vs expected playing time. Plus he's been a little disgruntled due to lack of said playing time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    They only play 2 LB's on passing downs. He's the third LB. Again it's cap hit vs expected playing time. Plus he's been a little disgruntled due to lack of said playing time.
    It's a nickle league; almost all teams do that

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It's a nickle league; almost all teams do that
    Yup and I think we're gonna see more guys like Kendricks start to get less and less money, while coverage LB's and S/LB hybrid guys who can play inside on the nickel and dime get more.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Yup and I think we're gonna see more guys like Kendricks start to get less and less money, while coverage LB's and S/LB hybrid guys who can play inside on the nickel and dime get more.
    supply and demand. those Hybrid S/LB guys are going from tweeners mostly relegated to STs to high demand.
    -JAB

ILB position is moving towards a more platoon position. There are going to be very few 3 down ILBs. Teams are going to be using Hybrid guys more and more.

I would argue Moseley should not be a 3 down LB. anything 3rd and long and he should not be on field. Moseley will be 26 this season and 27 next season. Ravens should let him walk next year.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    ILB position is moving towards a more platoon position. There are going to be very few 3 down ILBs. Teams are going to be using Hybrid guys more and more.

I would argue Moseley should not be a 3 down LB. anything 3rd and long and he should not be on field. Moseley will be 26 this season and 27 next season. Ravens should let him walk next year.
    I'm still trying to figure out what Mosley has done to warrant so much hate on this board. It seems like most here hate him because he isn't Ray Lewis. Our defense would go to shit without him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out what Mosley has done to warrant so much hate on this board. It seems like most here hate him because he isn't Ray Lewis. Our defense would go to shit without him.
    It would take a hit, but it seems it went to shit whenever Jimmy Smith got hurt. Or Terrell Suggs. Or some other starter. Under Pees.

It's hard for me to hold judgement until we see Wink's defense.

The idea that Mosley is overrated has turned toward throwing shade at the guy and that is completely irrational. But that's fanaticism for you.

Quote Originally Posted by horus13 View Post
    I agree with Cushing on the cheap, if he's kept in check he could prove a good signing
    Kept in check? You mean kept off steroids? Or do you mean masking his use of steroids better so he can actually play well?

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post

The idea that Mosley is overrated has turned toward throwing shade at the guy and that is completely irrational. But that's fanaticism for you.
    Agree. You can make the case that Mosley isn't worth the giant contract he may end up getting, but he's a better player than many on this board give him credit for. My impression is that the Ravens consider him a key team leader and even a "foundational" player a la Brandon Williams. I'm sure they'd like to lock him up long term.

It is not hate. I think he is a very good LB. I don't think he is good enough in coverage to be in on third and long. I think the team should try and keep Moseley for the right price. Just don't see that price being over 10m. If that is what he wants the team should let him walk. The same way they should have let BWilliams walk rather than sign him to the deal they did. Again, don't hate him just don't want to over pay him.

Blog Entries

Mosley got a huge bump to $8.5 million this season on the 5th year option. Is anyone complaining about that? It the idea of Mosley being the highest or second highest paid ILB that fans have an issue with. The money is so big that it has a big impact on other spots of your team. It's a passing league and it's tough to see any ILB being worth that much cap. This isn't the league that Ray Lewis played in. Now it's all about stopping the pass which is something that ILBs don't do much of

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Mosley got a huge bump to $8.5 million this season on the 5th year option. Is anyone complaining about that? It the idea of Mosley being the highest or second highest paid ILB that fans have an issue with. The money is so big that it has a big impact on other spots of your team. It's a passing league and it's tough to see any ILB being worth that much cap. This isn't the league that Ray Lewis played in. Now it's all about stopping the pass which is something that ILBs don't do much of
    It's the fact that when you consider a top paid ILB and a top paid 2 down DT will take away money form other needs.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB