Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Why do liberals love calling those who disagree with them "racist"?

Let’s just talk about racism in American terms. The country was founded on racism. It fought a civil war where racism was used to justify both parties claim to victory. And then it used discrimination to hold back some and elevate others.

This country loves to talk about individual liberty and responsibility,
    but they have collectively oppressed a race of people out of the American dream.

Then the ruling class figured out they could use opportunist, Daniel booners and Flim flam men to use as puppets to silence dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    just the same as accusing everyone of being racist or injecting race into absolutely every situation w/o merit.

All on the same level.

Asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    let’s just talk about racism in american terms. The country was founded on racism. It fought a civil war where racism was used to justify both parties claim to victory. And then it used discrimination to hold back some and elevate others.

This country loves to talk about individual liberty and responsibility,
    but they have collectively oppressed a race of people out of the american dream.

Then the ruling class figured out they could use opportunist, daniel booners and flim flam men to use as puppets to silence dissent.

Thought experiment? Wait so...this didn't happen...
    No, it did happen. may have used the wrong words.

Guess I just wanted to get peoples opinion on it.

Blog Entries

is he not a "run-first" QB ala Vince Young, RGIII, Vick?
    Why can’t he just be a QB with athleticism?

Film doesn’t lie, you know? He def isn’t a “traditional” drop back QB, but my point is everyone was making him out to basically be a RB that could throw the ball far.

After I did my homework, I changed my tune.

Still want him to add about 10lbs of muscle though. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    100%

The problem comes when people are not willing to question their first impressions or become better informed.
    Those people are doomed to remain ignorant, but if they are just ignorant...and not malicious...what does that really matter?

Blog Entries

The same thing happened to me and my friends when I was growing up. Not that it's relevant or matters, but...none of us were black. We were all in the middle of the road being loud. A few years ago, the same thing happened when I was at a party at a friends house. I didn't take a census on the ethnicity of the people there...so maybe there were black people present? A neighbor of mine last summer was having a pool party for their high school son's graduation. It was late at night and they were pretty loud. The cops were called. I don't think they were black. It was a white family.

Maybe old people call the police on young people because...that's what old people do and there isn't a racial component to it? Not sure why race was injected in the comment. Care to elaborate? Were the old people wearing sheets? Were there confederate flags being flown outside of their houses? ...or, are you assuming that the police were called because the kids were black? Serious question.

There is nothing illegal about calling the police. Is it a dick move? Yeah, but...not illegal...hateful...evil...or violent. It's just...life.
    I think that may be a little naive though. I’m sure there was a racial component to it.

My wife’s grandmother is a really nice old lady, but she’s deathly afraid of black men. Deathly afraid.

That’s the era they grew up, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Those people are doomed to remain ignorant, but if they are just ignorant...and not malicious...what does that really matter?

Ignorance can turn ugly quick.

I think that may be a little naive though. I’m sure there was a racial component to it.

My wife’s grandmother is a really nice old lady, but she’s deathly afraid of black men. Deathly afraid.

That’s the era they grew up, you know?
    I disagree.

That's not naïve at all.

To default to "it's racism" for situations like that with no evidence is disingenuous. Maybe in some instances it is racism. Maybe in some instances it isn't. Maybe in some instances it's "I'm an asshole." Maybe in some instances it's "I don't want other people to have fun." Maybe in some instances it's "that asshole stepped on my flowers and killed my bagonia's and I'm out for revenge."

If you called the police on me...am I to assume it's because you're an anti-Semite? The argument doesn't hold water unless there is some proof, IMO. The poster didn't provide proof...if there was any.

Defaulting to "it's racism" is probably why cops are being murdered in some areas of this country. The 2 people who lied about their traffic stops recently perpetuate the "it's racism" default and shit like that has created a pretty toxic environment in this country with regards to race relations. It's a dangerous game. Truth should always be the end-game.
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 05-22-2018 at 03:57 PM.

Why can’t he just be a QB with athleticism?

Film doesn’t lie, you know? He def isn’t a “traditional” drop back QB, but my point is everyone was making him out to basically be a RB that could throw the ball far.

After I did my homework, I changed my tune.

Still want him to add about 10lbs of muscle though. ;-)
    this makes me feel better. I've watched a lot of highlights of LJ and he runs an awful lot in the clips I've seen.

The more I hear about him from people who are more in the know on his style of play...the more I like the pick.

Can you imagine if he really does turn into a Russell Wilson type of QB? Wow. What a threat.

I will say this... I am excited to watch his career unfold. This town will explode in LJ love if he becomes the next "it" guy in the NFL. Damn I hope it happens.

this makes me feel better. I've watched a lot of highlights of LJ and he runs an awful lot in the clips I've seen.

The more I hear about him from people who are more in the know on his style of play...the more I like the pick.

Can you imagine if he really does turn into a Russell Wilson type of QB? Wow. What a threat.

I will say this... I am excited to watch his career unfold. This town will explode in LJ love if he becomes the next "it" guy in the NFL. Damn I hope it happens.
    This is exactly my point of view.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    This is exactly my point of view.
    this is totally off-topic, but...does anyone have any clips where he's throwing seeds everywhere? I've seen too many "running videos."

nm. found this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkS8V5qbQrY

this is totally off-topic, but...does anyone have any clips where he's throwing seeds everywhere? I've seen too many "running videos."

nm. found this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkS8V5qbQrY
    Seems like every thread we have been involved him goes in many different directions lately

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart