Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Why do liberals love calling those who disagree with them "racist"?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think there are misinformed stereotypes.

Lamar Jackson is a good example, actually.

Black QB with incredible athleticism and he doesn’t speak very clearly in front of the camera.

A lot of people would see his highlights and assume he is an athlete playing QB and isn’t a good passer. People would hear him speak and assume he isn’t very educated. He probably majored in some BS degree program like communications or something because he wasn’t focused on education and was only focused on playing football.

I know those were my first impressions.

Now, do those first impressions make me a bad person? I didn’t hate the kid...that’s just how I perceived him.

After doing some digging to become better informed, I discovered that I was wrong and I adjusted my stance on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good point!
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Black QB with incredible athleticism and he doesn’t speak very clearly in front of the camera.

A lot of people would see his highlights and assume he is an athlete playing QB and isn’t a good passer. People would hear him speak and assume he isn’t very educated. He probably majored in some BS degree program like communications or something because he wasn’t focused on education and was only focused on playing football.

Now, do those first impressions make me a bad person? I didn’t hate the kid...that’s just how I perceived him.

After doing some digging to become better informed, I discovered that I was wrong and I adjusted my stance on him.

To use a line from the great movie "A Time to Kill."

"Now imagine (s)he's white."

What if he was a redneck boy from Arkansas and talked with a bad southern draw? How would he of been perceived then?

You changed your stance because you looked further into the subject and became more informed, not because he became white. That's the terrible thing with the LJ thing that some people are doing...assuming its a race thing, which I know with you it wasn't, imo it was the perception of a run first qb ( I was wrong), low completion percentage, and a small build.

Side-note- Anyone know what his major was?

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    ...it was the perception of a run first qb ( I was wrong), low completion percentage, and a small build.
    is he not a "run-first" QB ala Vince Young, RGIII, Vick?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Not as much as those three. He is more of a pocket passer than those three, but he will occasionally take off when the first read isn't open.

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

According to a lot of research he was one of the best Qbs in the draft class to go through multiple progressions rather than just one read than take off. 73% of his runs were designed run calls.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    To use a line from the great movie "A Time to Kill."

"Now imagine (s)he's white."

What if he was a redneck boy from Arkansas and talked with a bad southern draw? How would he of been perceived then?

You changed your stance because you looked further into the subject and became more informed, not because he became white. That's the terrible thing with the LJ thing that some people are doing...assuming its a race thing, which I know with you it wasn't, imo it was the perception of a run first qb ( I was wrong), low completion percentage, and a small build.

Side-note- Anyone know what his major was?
    I looked and I couldn’t find what his major was.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Me either

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

100%

The problem comes when people are not willing to question their first impressions or become better informed.

On the Louisville site it says his major was undecided.

https://gocards.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6874

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    The problem comes when people are not willing to question their first impressions or become better informed.
    I disagree. The problem comes when an individual's perception of someone else metastasizes into hateful/ evil/violent action.

Anyone can think however they want to think. What they do matters.

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    100%

IMO

I look forward to all discussions when someone can bring different views. To better ourselves as people, we have to be willing to listen to someone else's view point, that's the only way we will know what its like and for the most part this forum does that, its why I enjoy it so much, I have learned a lot from other posters and hope to continue to do so. I don't know what I don't know, but I'm willing to listen to try to learn.

One certain poster does have drastically different views as we were discussing in another thread, it would be great if he actually tried to discuss/debate about what he perceives things to be in a more detailed fashion, but that has yet to happen.

I disagree. The problem comes when an individual's perception of someone else metastasizes into hateful/ evil/violent action.

Anyone can think however they want to think. What they do matters.
    I never think violence is the answer unless its self defense.