Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Richie Icognito wants to play again

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Oh I thought they were wearing shoulders. But either way, if he was still rehabbing even I doubt he'd be out there.
    yeah just helmets and shorts. I dont think it was too aggressive, so I wont say hes a full go because of it, but it certainly looks like hes not far off and still has 2 months.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's exactly what happened.

Incognito did play for Roman in Buffalo so if he was okay with it I would be
    Good point. Forgot about the Buffalo connection. I'm sure we'll sniff around.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Hard pass. We don't need that drama.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Hard pass. We don't need that drama.
    i dont understand the aversion fans have to locker room drama. I dont think its as big of a deal as people try to make it out to be.

every team I've ever been on there's been at least one Bag I hated, but I had no problem playing with them. The conflict normally made us better during practice anyway
    Burn it down

5. Re: Richie Icognito wants to play again

Hard pass on Incognito.

Honestly, the way that guy serially bullied, harassed, and otherwise non-physically abused his teammates, one to the brink of suicide, is horrific and not a guy I want as a Raven. I'd even prefer a guy who knocked off a liquor store or assaulted someone if they were one or two time incidents rather than general reflections on what we could expect in the future. Someone who just makes it his mission in life to make his teammates want to die for years on end is not a good person to have in the lockerroom. It goes well beyond the traditional "toxic" personalities who's impact people fear in the locker room where they just have ego complexes and get into arguments with others and whatnot (Which, as some point out above, may be worth taking a chance on in some cases- but not when it gets as bad as it is with Incognito). This guy is far worse.

Also, he's gotten older and I'm not sure he is even *that* good at this point. Like, if you were going to overlook this stuff in certain cases- on a football level, one would think you'd want to make sure his on-field skills were *really* worth it.

Now, I do understand if a team takes the tact of "We sign the best players available, subject to cap constraints, period. We don't focus on anything else.". However, this is a team that refused to sign a backup QB when their starter was out indefinitely with a serious injury, purely on the grounds of political expression. Though some types of political expression may be unacceptable to some fans, ultimately of course it has no baring on play on the field. And it doesn't ruin anyone's life the way Ignito's behavior did. And, of course, there was Ray Rice, where the reaction of the team and the league was probably justified, but, again, one time thing that wasn't reflective of his behavior before or afterwards, totally in the heat of the moment (As opposed to something he did every day for a long stretch of time like this offensive lineman). So, I think it'd be a lie if they signed Incogito and said "We don't care about the stuff that's not between the opening kickoff and when the time runs off the clock at the end of the game"- obviously they do, and, since they do, this is probably the worst guy they could sign from the perspective of what he does outside those 60 minutes on Sunday. Plus, he may not even really help on Sunday.

Blog Entries

He's made the last 3 straight pro bowls so it's not a lack of ability

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Might bring the meanness that Jensen left with.

Incognito is the worst.

People have decided that since Jonathan Martin recently lost his shit, that it wasn't incognito's fault. Quite the opposite! If you are a vulnerable person and a friend / teammate bullies and harrasses you over a period of a year plus, thats only going to negatively affect your mental health and deteriorate your well being further.

Incognito never figuring out remorse for that tells me all i need to know.

He got his marbles back in order enough to play for the bills, but his departure is everything you need to know. Dude is poison. if an injury forced our hands, sure, but otherwise count me OUT.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Incognito is the worst.

People have decided that since Jonathan Martin recently lost his shit, that it wasn't incognito's fault. Quite the opposite! If you are a vulnerable person and a friend / teammate bullies and harrasses you over a period of a year plus, thats only going to negatively affect your mental health and deteriorate your well being further.

Incognito never figuring out remorse for that tells me all i need to know.

He got his marbles back in order enough to play for the bills, but his departure is everything you need to know. Dude is poison. if an injury forced our hands, sure, but otherwise count me OUT.

Dude Johnathan Martin didn't just recently lose his shit when the arrest happened there were a bunch of stories that emerged that were buried by the NFL. Coaches who found Martin dark. Martin trying to off himself multiple times.

"We told Jon, 'You're going to be the starting left tackle. You're going to be our starting left tackle in 2013,'" Turner said. "So he goes home and he doesn't come back to work for 48 hours. He doesn't show up to work. I have to send guys to his house to find out where he is."

"I said, 'Jon, where were you?' And he gave me some BS answer. And I said, 'No, you're going to tell me where you were,'" Turner recalled. "He said, 'I was sitting in my apartment on the 16th story looking out the window.' I said, 'What do you mean you were looking at the window, are you saying what I think you're saying?' He said, 'Yeah, I was thinking about jumping.'"

"He said, 'Three months ago at my dad's house in California and I was sitting on my dad's coach,'" Turner explained. "I said, 'Does your dad have a gun, Jon?' He said, 'Yeah.' I said, 'Did you you have it in your hands?' He said, 'Yeah.' I said, 'Did you put it up to your head, Jon?’ He said, 'Yes.' I told Wells all of this stuff."

Maybe if Ted Wells and the media were listening more to people like Jim Turner they could have gotten the help Martin needed instead of pretending he was a victim and putting all his emotional problems at the feet of Incognito. It's actually kind of funny because when this stuff first came out I was firmly on the side of Martin but I was wrong we all were

Blog Entries

Right player, right price. Why not try him out unless he's asking for the moon.

Blog Entries

Many fans don't like him at all. To avoid detection, he'd have to come into camp incognito... Bc

A total head case - wouldn't play like a Raven.