Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Richie Icognito wants to play again

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I've never heard anything like that, have a link?

You can call him a dick for a lot of things without fabricating
    Could be just speculation. It's the way they framed it on his Wikipedia page but it's Wikipedia so grain of salt...

April 10th: "I'm done, I'm done, that's it," Incognito told The Buffalo News. "It's been a long career. My liver and kidneys are shutting down. Nothing I can't restore with some balance, but the stress is killing me. - http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-liver-kidneys

April 14th: Tweets asking to be released and had some twitter rants about how he didn't like the way his contract was constructed.
    Richie Incognito
    @68INCOGNITO
    @BuffaloBillsPR @buffalobills
    Please release me from my contract. Contact @AthletesFirst for further updates. Thank you for your service ��

Then he refused to show up to workouts and got released.

Just seems weird to say you're retiing because of health reasons and then asked to be released 4 days later. So, yeah not really fabricating.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Nico had additional surgery this off-season.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    After Nico's serious leg injury last year, he's had another surgery recently. He's going to struggle to get into camp, even late.

I do agree that it would be good to let the young guys have a shot. Just pointing out that Incognito fits the Oz mold
    I was not aware of the additional surgery.

from the stories ive read it appears hes expected to be in camp as it was only to clean out the knee. Zrebiec is the source but he doesnt say if thats arthoscopic or not. Chances are it was arthoscopic though, and they do that same surgery during the season and they dont always miss time. I dont expect that to hold up his recovery, especially since it was in march. Thatll be an additional 4 months, which granted hes coming back from a serious knee injury, but thats a good bit of time to recover.

recovery time for an ACL, MCL and PCL is typically 9-12 months. he tore his august 1. Even if it pushes him back a week or two, he should still be good to go. what kind of shape/ability hes in is a whole other issue though. we didnt really get to see any of him last year, so its mostly a guess at this point.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I was not aware of the additional surgery.

from the stories ive read it appears hes expected to be in camp as it was only to clean out the knee. Zrebiec is the source but he doesnt say if thats arthoscopic or not. Chances are it was arthoscopic though, and they do that same surgery during the season and they dont always miss time. I dont expect that to hold up his recovery, especially since it was in march. Thatll be an additional 4 months, which granted hes coming back from a serious knee injury, but thats a good bit of time to recover.

recovery time for an ACL, MCL and PCL is typically 9-12 months. he tore his august 1. Even if it pushes him back a week or two, he should still be good to go. what kind of shape/ability hes in is a whole other issue though. we didnt really get to see any of him last year, so its mostly a guess at this point.
    He was on the field yesterday in pads.

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/998611090660560896
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

sorry GW, I have not seen a single word about that and I stay plugged in to most NFL news.

I know the team asked him to take a pay cut and he wasn't too receptive. Clearly looking for one last payday but a lot of guys do that.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

sorry GW, I have not seen a single word about that and I stay plugged in to most NFL news.

I know the team asked him to take a pay cut and he wasn't too receptive. Clearly looking for one last payday but a lot of guys do that.
    I believe he took a paycut last year and they asked him to do it again.

I don't follow the Bills at all, so there could be a bunch of behind-the-scenes that I don't know. I just went to see what was up with him last season and read all of that.

It probably wasn't reported because it wasn't that big of a deal. It was all reported by buffalonews.com so it's not ESPN reporting it (Except for the initial announcement about retirement).
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    He was on the field yesterday in pads.

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/998611090660560896
    I just saw the same and was coming back to post it. Nobody was in pads, and this is a glorified walk through, but he was there and participating.
    -JAB

The Incognito stuff is nicely summarized here:

https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...-from-contract

Yesterday, of course, the Bills granted his request. He may have gotten some bad advice from his former agent, which is obviously frustrating, but as always, he handled it in just about the worst way possible.
    "Simply because we were licked a hundred years before we started is no reason for us not to try and win."--Atticus Finch

"Let's score some more points, guys!"--Joe Flacco

cant hurt to bring him in. Head case or not.... a GOOD HC can deal with difficult personalities... Grow a set Barbs
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I just saw the same and was coming back to post it. Nobody was in pads, and this is a glorified walk through, but he was there and participating.
    Oh I thought they were wearing shoulders. But either way, if he was still rehabbing even I doubt he'd be out there.
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    cant hurt to bring him in. Head case or not.... a GOOD HC can deal with difficult personalities... Grow a set Barbs
    Exactly. And tbh this recent story, even if its all true, it doesn't really bother me. We've had the same with the likes of Suggs before. If he's a good player (and isn't going over the op with off thenfield antics like Richie was before) then I dont really care much for what hes like as a person as long as he turns up and plays well for the Ravens which I think he would.

With that said, the OL looks pretty solid on paper right now, but Incognito is probably better than the current options we have at C (ATM).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Didn't he fake an injury and retire to get the Bills to release him? Basically saying either you release me or I'll retire? Guy sounds like he's still a dick.
    That's exactly what happened.

Incognito did play for Roman in Buffalo so if he was okay with it I would be

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Exactly. And tbh this recent story, even if its all true, it doesn't really bother me. We've had the same with the likes of Suggs before. If he's a good player (and isn't going over the op with off thenfield antics like Richie was before) then I dont really care much for what hes like as a person as long as he turns up and plays well for the Ravens which I think he would.

With that said, the OL looks pretty solid on paper right now, but Incognito is probably better than the current options we have at C (ATM).
    He probably wants one last payday (he's 34) and I dont really wanna pay him a whole heck of a lot.

The idea of Stanley - Skura/Lewis - Incgonito - Yanda - Brown/Lewis with Hurst, Skura/Lewis, Nico as backups is actually pretty solid though.
    - Ray Lewis