Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Filmstudy Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    Dade, I enjoyed your discussion on the podcast. Are you planning to do any more of these analyses in 2018? I imagine it takes a lot of time! But I always love stuff like this.
    Yes, I will be doing this for the 2018 season. I am currently working a project for Lamar Jackson that I hope to have done by the weekend.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I concede the point that Joe's deep ball is not as good as it used to be.

But my overall point is that the Ravens offense doesn't threaten defenses deep anymore. Defense now sit on everything...they aren't afraid of getting beat. Even with the underthrows to Torrey that Joe had...defenses still had to account for it. This past season was not the case at all.
    How much is it that Flacco immediately goes to a check down? I agree the offense in general is a lot more conservative short passes but I also think flacco is more gun shy and quick to dump off to pad his comp percentage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    How much is it that Flacco immediately goes to a check down? I agree the offense in general is a lot more conservative short passes but I also think flacco is more gun shy and quick to dump off to pad his comp percentage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    From what I saw last season, the offense ran a majority of plays that were one read checkdown. Remember Pitta's comments? He was right. Play design rarely has receivers run deep routes...and when they do it's usually to clear out to create open space for the checkdown.

That's not to say Joe didn't see receivers downfield or checked down too early. That did happen. But the passing offense was designed last year to only attack the first 15 yards from scrimmage. Doesn't make any sense when you "supposedly" had 2 deep threats (Wallace and Perriman).
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    From what I saw last season, the offense ran a majority of plays that were one read checkdown. Remember Pitta's comments? He was right. Play design rarely has receivers run deep routes...and when they do it's usually to clear out to create open space for the checkdown.

That's not to say Joe didn't see receivers downfield or checked down too early. That did happen. But the passing offense was designed last year to only attack the first 15 yards from scrimmage. Doesn't make any sense when you "supposedly" had 2 deep threats (Wallace and Perriman).
    It just makes you shake your head in frustration. I can't imagine Flacco being happy doing that but there's so much misinformation that I don't know who to believe. The tape, however, does not lie.