Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Filmstudy Podcast

I made an appearance on Filmstudy's latest podcast. Any feedback would be appreciated.

https://player.fm/series/series-2150621/new-looks
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Re: Filmstudy Podcast

nice job dadeand ken

disagree that flaccosstrength is the deep ball he is usper inaccurate with last 4 years

I want to thank Marcus, Michael Crawford, and Ed Lupp for coming on. They all have done some cool research that is worth a listen and review of their data.

If you have a study you'd like to share, we'll be happy to do more of these podcasts and don't be shy about asking if you want to bounce ideas off me about the math or modeling techniques you're using.

I'm also looking for some good sources that can help me with the software side. I have solid ability with MS Office programs, but need help with video management and generation of graphics. In particular, I want to make a Venn diagram of the various ways my Ample Time and Space definition interacts with Sacks, QHs, and Pressures. In an ideal world, you could click on the appropriate area of the Venn diagram and see a video example of a play that fits the definition with an audio explanation. I have a feeling that's not nearly as difficult for some millennials as it is for me.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    disagree that flaccosstrength is the deep ball he is usper inaccurate with last 4 years
    Even still, you have to mix in deep balls so defenses won't sit on everything.

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

2016:

Flacco deepball is overrated.

Blog Entries

Filmstudy Podcast

Looking at all that red and yellow I’d say his short and intermediate are overrated too

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

8. Re: Filmstudy Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    I want to thank Marcus, Michael Crawford, and Ed Lupp for coming on. They all have done some cool research that is worth a listen and review of their data.

If you have a study you'd like to share, we'll be happy to do more of these podcasts and don't be shy about asking if you want to bounce ideas off me about the math or modeling techniques you're using.

I'm also looking for some good sources that can help me with the software side. I have solid ability with MS Office programs, but need help with video management and generation of graphics. In particular, I want to make a Venn diagram of the various ways my Ample Time and Space definition interacts with Sacks, QHs, and Pressures. In an ideal world, you could click on the appropriate area of the Venn diagram and see a video example of a play that fits the definition with an audio explanation. I have a feeling that's not nearly as difficult for some millennials as it is for me.
    Great podcast! Marcus and Michael provided some great in-depth analysis of the team and Perriman, and Ed definitely knows his Madden. Appreciate you all putting that together.

It's interesting how Joe's deep ball came up here. Michael just posted Joe's career deep ball numbers over on twitter (per PFF). The drop-off over the past three years has been staggering (2013 was pretty bad too).

I've never understood why TV analysts speak so glowingly about Flacco's deep ball.

Every once in a while he uncorks a beauty (he had several to Torrey Smith in that one Broncos game where Smith TORCHED Champ Bailey), but he's wildly inconsistent with accuracy, trajectory, etc.

I like Flacco. I've always liked Flacco. I still like Flacco, but what we've been getting on the field has been mediocre at best...and I'm ecstatic that we drafted Lamar Jackson, because I like his potential as an electric playmaker in the coming seasons (I'd very much prefer Jackson to NOT play this year).

Flacco is what he is at this point. He's going to lay an egg or two every year, and he's just not gonna light up the scoreboard...but he plays his best ball in the biggest moments (usually), and I think having Jackson on the sidelines is just the thing to light a fire under Flacco's ass, and I honestly expect a good year this season from Joe.

Crabtree is the type of receiver he's had the most success with, and I'm cautiously optimistic that our two rookies at the TE spot, plus a (hopefully) healthy version of our O-Line will make a significant difference.

We'll see how it goes.

Blog Entries

Filmstudy Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I've never understood why TV analysts speak so glowingly about Flacco's deep ball.

Every once in a while he uncorks a beauty (he had several to Torrey Smith in that one Broncos game where Smith TORCHED Champ Bailey), but he's wildly inconsistent with accuracy, trajectory, etc.

I like Flacco. I've always liked Flacco. I still like Flacco, but what we've been getting on the field has been mediocre at best...and I'm ecstatic that we drafted Lamar Jackson, because I like his potential as an electric playmaker in the coming seasons (I'd very much prefer Jackson to NOT play this year).

Flacco is what he is at this point. He's going to lay an egg or two every year, and he's just not gonna light up the scoreboard...but he plays his best ball in the biggest moments (usually), and I think having Jackson on the sidelines is just the thing to light a fire under Flacco's ass, and I honestly expect a good year this season from Joe.

Crabtree is the type of receiver he's had the most success with, and I'm cautiously optimistic that our two rookies at the TE spot, plus a (hopefully) healthy version of our O-Line will make a significant difference.

We'll see how it goes.
    Because most tv analysts are horrible. They think Flacco of the Sb season and just assume he can still throw a good deep ball.

But even back then he was never a consistently good deep ball thrower. How many times did he underthrow Torrey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I concede the point that Joe's deep ball is not as good as it used to be.

But my overall point is that the Ravens offense doesn't threaten defenses deep anymore. Defense now sit on everything...they aren't afraid of getting beat. Even with the underthrows to Torrey that Joe had...defenses still had to account for it. This past season was not the case at all.

Dade, I enjoyed your discussion on the podcast. Are you planning to do any more of these analyses in 2018? I imagine it takes a lot of time! But I always love stuff like this.