Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Shooting at Santa Fe High School

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    You also cannot expect perfection from govt, so you're always going to have a mismanagement of fund in someone's opinion.

Do we take money away from the garbagemen for more police? Maybe cut the education budget? Something's gotta go to make up for (lets say $20/hr which I think is criminally low for a person that is putting their lives on the line) $4,000,000/hr for the additional 200k officers.
    Ok... So it will be hard to accomplish. But worth it wouldn't you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    I get what youre saying... but where is the extra money going to come from. As has been noted, there was a police officer on duty at Parkland and it was fairly useless, so I guess there would need to be more than one armed guard/officer per school. Let say two per school is the magic number, though some larger schools may need more than that.

Just talking about K-12, there are over 130,000 schools in the US (About 99,000 public, lets say 100,000 for ease of calculations)

That is an additional 200,000 officers that would be needed.

At the moment, there are approximately 765,000 police officers in the US, we would be (trying to) increasing the force by 20%.

We cant even get qualified officers as it is, the people that would be put in the schools would most likely be more than useless. Similar to the guy who ran away from Parkland.

Once again, I get what you are saying and wish I could agree, but its just not that easy.
    That’s where the use of US Veterans comes in. Already trained. Most need a job. They could actually make these “officers” part of Homeland or another Federal agency that way the Fed can absorb some of the incurred cost of the “200K” officers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Yeah great idea. Let’s put cats with PTSD in schools and give them guns!!!
    So you’d rather what?????? Ban guns? Roll the dice that it “ not gonna happen to my kids”?? Here’s a thought...let’s treat the vets when they come home for PTSD and then pay them to protect our children. We’ve already paid to train them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    So you’d rather what?????? Ban guns? Roll the dice that it “ not gonna happen to my kids”?? Here’s a thought...let’s treat the vets when they come home for PTSD and then pay them to protect our children. We’ve already paid to train them.

Well, in MD, they can use some of the 2.4 Billion dollars that they spend on illegals in this state. That would be chump change. Yeah, I know, the dems would never go for that, since they care more about illegals than they do for their own state's citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Well, in MD, they can use some of the 2.4 Billion dollars that they spend on illegals in this state. That would be chump change. Yeah, I know, the dems would never go for that, since they care more about illegals than they do for their own state's citizens.
    Ain’t that the damn truth.

Blog Entries

You parents who still have kids in school, have your kids gone through any type of emergency drills at school to prepare for something like this? Have you been notified of precautions the school is now taking? Has there been any changes in their schools since Parkland?

who gives a f move the officers from the ghettos into school monitor duty much better for society

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Not every vet has PTSD you fool...

You're a moron. How bad does that hurt?
    And not everyone who isn't a vet doesn't have it. Any traumatic event can cause it. I would imagine you'd test mental health before giving someone a gun in a school anyhow.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    You parents who still have kids in school, have your kids gone through any type of emergency drills at school to prepare for something like this? Have you been notified of precautions the school is now taking? Has there been any changes in their schools since Parkland?
    Not to my knowledge, but mine is still in elementary school. The doors also were always locked with cameras to buzz in already.

Blog Entries

We just had a lockdown drill at the middle school on Monday. I have kids in elementary, middle and high school and they do regular drills. Newtown is only 2 towns away from me so this area is probably more focused on this issue than most others.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    And not everyone who isn't a vet doesn't have it. Any traumatic event can cause it. I would imagine you'd test mental health before giving someone a gun in a school anyhow.

Exactly. That was just Flith trolling anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post

You people are so damn tone deaf. There is nothing you can do about guns. Nothing. I’m all in guns. I got mines!