You're a moron. How bad does that hurt?

Re: Shooting at Santa Fe High School

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Not every vet has PTSD you fool...

You're a moron. How bad does that hurt?
    I was shocked he spelled PTSD correctly

Those kids are really making a difference aren't they :)
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 05-18-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I was shocked he spelled PTSD correctly
    No kidding

how do we know they're not?
    You're right, then I guess the question is why aren't they getting hired? we obviously need more police.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    You're right, then I guess the question is why aren't they getting hired? we obviously need more police.
    I'm going to be very honest and say I just don't know. I don't know police departments are hiring, I don't know if vets are applying and/or if they're getting hired or not.

I'm going to be very honest and say I just don't know. I don't know police departments are hiring, I don't know if vets are applying and/or if they're getting hired or not.

The answer is because of funding. The police force throughout the US is already working on a shoestring budget and cannot afford 200k extra officers.

I know you said the "money can come from many different places". But it doesn't. It really isn't as easy as you say it is.

Blog Entries

The answer is because of funding. The police force throughout the US is already working on a shoestring budget and cannot afford 200k extra officers.

I know you said the "money can come from many different places". But it doesn't. It really isn't as easy as you say it is.
    It can come from many different places. Do government's spend wisely? No. If they did that would be one area.

In OK City, they did like a 1 penny tax on ever X amount to raise money for something (can't remember what). If we assume governments didn't waste money, I'd spend an extra penny on purchases to protest schools.

It can come from many different places. Do government's spend wisely? No. If they did that would be one area.

In OK City, they did like a 1 penny tax on ever X amount to raise money for something (can't remember what). If we assume governments didn't waste money, I'd spend an extra penny on purchases to protest schools.
    You also cannot expect perfection from govt, so you're always going to have a mismanagement of fund in someone's opinion.

Do we take money away from the garbagemen for more police? Maybe cut the education budget? Something's gotta go to make up for (lets say $20/hr which I think is criminally low for a person that is putting their lives on the line) $4,000,000/hr for the additional 200k officers.

Also, qualifications. A lot of departments are wanting a degree of some sort and a lot of veterans don't have one and some never even make use of the GI Bill (something I need to get on). I know a lot of guys who had full intentions of becoming a cop so they went and got their BA in Criminal Justice then just get offered better paying jobs for working less hours that is safer.

NC is right imo, the money can easily come from somewhere. Hell, the stadium in Vegas is being built with 750million (estimated) coming from a $1.50 Hotel tax...its there. Its a lot of money, but its there...and should be a priority.

You also cannot expect perfection from govt, so you're always going to have a mismanagement of fund in someone's opinion.

Do we take money away from the garbagemen for more police? Maybe cut the education budget? Something's gotta go to make up for (lets say $20/hr which I think is criminally low for a person that is putting their lives on the line) $4,000,000/hr for the additional 200k officers.
    Military./