Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Shooting at Santa Fe High School

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    How many veterans could use this job and be proud to do it? The only thing that really matters is improving safety, but an economical stand point of the extra jobs is nothing short of a positive
    Been saying the same shit myself for awhile now.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Been saying the same shit myself for awhile now.
    Id gladly take a second job...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    I get what youre saying... but where is the extra money going to come from. As has been noted, there was a police officer on duty at Parkland and it was fairly useless, so I guess there would need to be more than one armed guard/officer per school. Let say two per school is the magic number, though some larger schools may need more than that.

Just talking about K-12, there are over 130,000 schools in the US (About 99,000 public, lets say 100,000 for ease of calculations)

That is an additional 200,000 officers that would be needed.

At the moment, there are approximately 765,000 police officers in the US, we would be (trying to) increasing the force by 20%.

We cant even get qualified officers as it is, the people that would be put in the schools would most likely be more than useless. Similar to the guy who ran away from Parkland.

Once again, I get what you are saying and wish I could agree, but its just not that easy.
    There is something like 500k unemployed Veterans in the US. Probably more.

The money could come from a number of places.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Id gladly take a second job...

Since all this has been going on, my daughters school ask for volunteers to let people in the front door because EVERY door to the school is locked.

I take my laptop, my phone, use their wifi and work for a few hours while I let people in. I'd take PTO for a whole day if they wanted to pay me, and train me. I know how to use guns, but I've never gone through training for that type of situation.

Since all this has been going on, my daughters school ask for volunteers to let people in the front door because EVERY door to the school is locked.

I take my laptop, my phone, use their wifi and work for a few hours while I let people in. I'd take PTO for a whole day if they wanted to pay me, and train me. I know how to use guns, but I've never gone through training for that type of situation.
    We all start somewhere. I try to keep up to date with my training by going to different courses and classes.

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Nope. How many mass shootings have their been since Columbine in your opinion? I know there have been 22 school shootings just this year. That's just schools and we're not even through 5 months. Columbine was 19 years ago. Over a 1000 mass shootings sounds right to me
    Sorry to harp on this, but...Ben Shapiro just wrote an article about this very thing in the past 5 minutes... Lol.

Did you hear CNN say 22 school shootings? ...and you believed it? Lol.

CNN Says There Have Been 22 School Shootings This Year. That’s A Lie.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/30822...ar-ben-shapiro

That doesn’t mean these incidents are unworthy of reportage. But it’s plainly dishonest to state, as CNN does, that there have been 22 “school shootings” this year. When you remove those on the list that don’t fulfill the typical definition, the number is more like seven. Seven is awful. 22 is blatant misreporting. But CNN has an agenda, and they won't let facts get in the way.

Carry on :)

Then why aren't they applying for police officer jobs which we cant get qualified people for now?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Then why aren't they applying for police officer jobs which we cant get qualified people for now?
    how do we know they're not?

Yeah great idea. Let’s put cats with PTSD in schools and give them guns!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Yeah great idea. Let’s put cats with PTSD in schools and give them guns!!!
    shut up and... just shut up

shut up and... just shut up
    Truth hurts!

One problem now is that the liberal agenda says that not only does every kid get to go to school, but they have to be included in regular classrooms. This means that hardened criminals, level 5 mentally disturbed kids, etc. are all mixed in the general population in the building. Many kids wear their house-arrest ankle bracelet as a badge of honor. Trust me, no liberals are trying to make schools safe, despite their rhetoric on gun control.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk