Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 141516

Re: Shooting at Santa Fe High School

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Fellas. The solution is simple. And it really won’t cost a lot of money. If we as a society simply go back to the way we did shit when I was a kid ( 70’s+80’s) problem solved. No more “participation trophies”. Not every kid makes the team or school play / band. Stop the “inclusion “ bullshit in school. It every kid should be in “regular “ classes. Some kids need more help than others. Some kids have legit learning disabilities. They shouldn’t be holding back the other kids. Tell your kids ...NO!!! Don’t be their damn friend. Be their parent! He’s an idea that worked for my mom and dad ...when your kid gets outa line , bad grades ...whoop their Ass!!!! Fixed my shit. I screwed up ...bam..ass whopping stopped it from happening again. Teach your kids to stand up for themselves. Stop being a pussy!! Make your kids play outside. Limit their electronics. Stop Common Core teaching!! Go back to teaching shit students need to learn! The Three “R’s” and liberal arts. Kids need music, art , gym. How bout shop class. Home Ecc? Make them learn a foreign language. Learn about different cultures. We did. I still remember a handful of teachers that actually impacted my life. They really loved their career. You don’t have that now.
    These kids are never told NO. They can’t cope with real world problems. They need “safe places “ and “soft words”. Screw that! Guess what Mr and Mrs John Q....little Johnny ain’t gonna make my baseball team. He’s not good enough. Little Johnny ain’t gonna pass this English class cause he reads like a 3 rd grader. Little Susie ain’t getting the lead in the school play cause ...she’s not a good actor. Sorry. Try again next year. We as a society are cheating our children out of a future. We need to take it back. We let the schools raise our kids. They become dependent on the system to live. What happens when these kids are supposed to lead us???

End of rant. Sorry. Had to be said. I feel better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    respekt

Blog Entries

Then, I forgot to even mention the other aspect to this. Let's say you don't fail. Let's say you succeed in stopping a kid from taking any lives at all. Now, you have to live the A.) The thought of having actually killed someone, and B.) The thought of killing a child. Anyone I've ever met who has had to do A, has told me that in and of itself it's enough to fuck with your head. Once you add B to the equation.............................So, I could also see people thinking about this possibility. Because no matter how many precautions you take, we all know that kids are smart. The potential is always there for something to happen.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Then, I forgot to even mention the other aspect to this. Let's say you don't fail. Let's say you succeed in stopping a kid from taking any lives at all. Now, you have to live the A.) The thought of having actually killed someone, and B.) The thought of killing a child. Anyone I've ever met who has had to do A, has told me that in and of itself it's enough to fuck with your head. Once you add B to the equation.............................So, I could also see people thinking about this possibility. Because no matter how many precautions you take, we all know that kids are smart. The potential is always there for something to happen.
    That's what my wife said when they were talking about arming the teachers.

She would not be able to shoot/kill one of her own students.

That's what my wife said when they were talking about arming the teachers.

She would not be able to shoot/kill one of her own students.

Blog Entries

There is a reason why we honor soldiers. Now, some may not go into the service with the mindset of protecting their country. Some might look at it as a last resort, work-wise. Some may go in to find themselves. Some may go in to provide for their families. Some may go in with bad intentions. Nonetheless, they are willing to put themselves in the line of fire. I don't think it takes balls to be willing to die. I think it takes balls to put yourself into a battle where it can sometimes be reasonable to expect that you may live, but lose an arm, or a leg, or be permanently blinded, or watch your best friend get killed right in front of your eyes. It's the same reason why Military personnel and LEOs commend Correctional Officers, because they are literally locked in units, outnumbered 60, even 100-1, where 80% of the inmates in that unit have shanks, and all you have as an officer, is a mace, radio and pair of handcuffs. Guns aren't even allowed in the building.

There are certain things that some people just aren't going to be built for.

To cjandrze's point, his wife is a teacher. It is in her nature as a teacher to not give up on her students. So, psychologically, you could understand why she would be hesitant to shoot one of them. In her mind, she's likely going to think, 'I can fix this. I can save him. It's not too late', completely in shock by the moment itself and become lost from the reality of just how bad the situation is. Plus, a part of being a teacher these days where kids go home and basically raise themselves, is almost being a mother. They look at their students as their own children.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Just came across this article and I found it to be interesting...

So, people have been trying to shoot up areas with a lot of people for awhile now, but we never hear about these instances nationally because they are essentially prevented........by a conceal carry person. Meanwhile, our children are sitting ducks.

— May 3, 2017, Arlington, Texas: James Jones went to the Zona Caliente sports bar and began yelling incoherently. When the manager, Cesar Perez, went to talk to him and calm him down, Jones pulled out a gun and shot Perez dead, then started shooting wildly at patrons. Luckily, a concealed carry holder happened to be having dinner at Zona Caliente with his wife that night. He shot Jones dead before anyone else was hurt.

— Aug. 7, 2016, Linndale, Ohio: Two men getting into their car in a Dollar Store parking lot were held up by a masked armed robber. As the gunman, Varshaun Stephen Dukes, was rifling through one of the men’s pockets, the other pulled out his concealed handgun and told him to stop. The robber fired at the man but missed. The concealed carry permit holder shot back, putting a .45 bullet in the robber’s brain. (Naturally, he survived.) All of this was captured on the Dollar Store’s surveillance camera, so no charges were brought against the armed citizen.

— June 26, 2016, Lyman, South Carolina: Jody Ray Thompson opened fire in the crowded Playoffz nightclub, injuring three. But before he could kill anyone, he was shot in the leg by a club patron with a concealed carry license. Police arrested Thompson without further incident and no one died.

— May 31, 2015, Conyers, Georgia: After arguing with a liquor store clerk, Jeffrey Scott Pitts returned with a gun and began shooting at everyone in the store, killing two. Todd Scott, who was there to buy a six-pack, returned fire. The crazed gunman fled, went home and shot his parents. “He was very surprised that he was not the only one in the store with a gun,” Scott said. Apart from the two people killed in Pitts’ opening barrage, no one died. Scott saved the lives of everyone else in that store.

— July 24, 2014, Darby, Pennsylvania: Felon and psychiatric patient Richard Plotts pulled out a gun at Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital, murdered his caseworker and wounded his psychiatrist, Dr. Lee Silverman. He would have kept shooting — Plotts had 39 more bullets — but the doctor pulled out his own gun and fired back, in violation of the hospital’s no-guns rule. No one else died.

— Jan. 11, 2014, Portland, Oregon: After being turned away from a strip club in Portland, repeat felon Thomas Elliott Hjelmeland came back, wearing a clown mask, guns blazing. He hit a waitress, a security guard and a patron before a bouncer, concealed carry permit holder Jonathan Baer, returned fire and ended the attack. No one died.

— Dec. 16, 2012, San Antonio, Texas: Jesus Manuel Garcia began shooting at the Santikos Mayan Palace movie theater from a nearby restaurant and continued shooting as he walked toward the theater. An armed off-duty cop shot Garcia four times, stopping the attack. No one died.

— March 25, 2018, Boiling Springs, South Carolina: Jesse Gates kicked in a side door of the Southside Freewill Baptist Church during services, raised his gun to shoot — but was grabbed and held at gunpoint by the reverend’s grandson, a concealed carry permit holder. No one was hurt. Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright said, “I like the fact that a concealed weapons permit holder was prepared to protect the worshipers.”

It’s seems like it’s been awhile since we’ve heard of a crazed gunman being quickly disarmed at a school. Maybe because we’ve been trying to stop mass shootings with gun-free school zones. Here are some older school shooting cases that had comparatively happy endings.

— In 2001, 15-year-old Charles Williams tried to shoot up his high school in Santee, California, but luckily, an off-duty cop happened to be bringing his daughter to school that day. He ended Williams’ rampage with his own gun, holding him until more police arrived. Two fatalities.

— In 1998, a 14-year-old student began shooting up a school dance being held at a restaurant in Edinboro, Pennsylvania. The restaurant owner pulled out a shotgun, keeping the death toll to one.

— In 1997, a student shot several people at his high school in Pearl, Mississippi, killing two, and was headed to the junior high, until assistant principal Joel Myrick retrieved a .45 pistol from his car and pointed it at the gunman’s head. Another massacre averted.

— In 1993, student Mark Duong pulled out a gun during his disciplinary hearing at Weber State University in Ogden, Utah, wounding three people, including the police officer, who, luckily, had been asked to attend the hearing. The officer immediately shot the psychotic student dead, saving the lives of everyone in the room.

Blog Entries

Guns have always been a part of American History. Mass school shootings have not. That should tell us all something right there. I don't know if it started with my generation (87'), but somewhere parents fucked up and society fucked up.

Blog Entries

Guns have always been a part of American History. Mass school shootings have not. That should tell us all something right there. I don't know if it started with my generation (87'), but somewhere parents fucked up and society fucked up.
    This is where I'm at as well. I noticed a change towards gun in my neighborhood in the mid '80's. Only the hard core had them. I came home from college summer of 85 and all of the young punks had one.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

BREAKING: Man opens fire inside an Oklahoma restaurant before an armed citizen shoots and kills him.

You fight these assholes with a taste of their own medicine.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    This is where I'm at as well. I noticed a change towards gun in my neighborhood in the mid '80's. Only the hard core had them. I came home from college summer of 85 and all of the young punks had one.
    OMG, they've had over 30 years to practice.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    BREAKING: Man opens fire inside an Oklahoma restaurant before an armed citizen shoots and kills him.

You fight these assholes with a taste of their own medicine.
    "Fight Crime! Shoot Back!"
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎