Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tim White

Re: Tim White

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    This just goes to show you how bad the WR corps was, that Breshad Perriman is a long-shot to even make this team. He was in the top three of the depth chart last year. I won't credit Ozzie for doing an amazing job, because he's the one who let it get so bad to begin with, trying to build some all-time defense. And the season ended up exactly how the vast majority of the board said it would. Except, some were actually high on Maclin, which I will let no one live down.
    Oh we know

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Do you not trust the Sword?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Tim White 5' 10", 181 lbs.

Top Ten Punt Returners in Yards, 2017

Jamal Agnew (Detroit) 5' 10", 190 lbs
    Pharoh Cooper (LA Rams) 5" 11", 207 lbs
    Marcus Sherels (Minnesota) 5' 10, 175 lbs
    Michael Campanaro (Baltimore) 5' 9", 191 lbs
    Adoree Jackson (Tennessee) 5' 11", 185 lbs
    Trevor Davis (Green Bay) 6' 1", 188 lbs
    Jaydon Mickens (Jacksonville) 5' 10", 175 lbs
    Trent Taylor (San Francisco) 5' 8", 178 lbs
    Alex Erickson (Cincinnati) 6' 0", 195 lbs
    Tarik Cohen (Chicago) 5' 6", 181 lbs

Top Ten Kick Returners in Yards, 2017

Tyler Lockett (Seattle) 5' 10", 182 lbs
    Pharoh Cooper (LA Rams) 5" 11", 207 lbs
    Andre Roberts (NY Jets) 5' 11", 195 lbs
    Trevor Davis (Green Bay) 6' 1", 188 lbs
    Alex Erickson (Cincinnati) 6' 0", 195 lbs
    Akeem Hunt (Kansas City) 5' 11", 208 lbs
    Ryan Switzer (Dallas) 5' 8", 185 lbs
    Tarik Cohen (Chicago) 5' 6", 181 lbs
    Adoree Jackson (Tennessee) 5' 11", 185 lbs
    Dion Lewis (New England) 5' 8", 195 lbs

At 5' 10", 181 lbs, Tim White is not "very undersized" for a return man. He's somewhere in the middle of most of these guys. I would guess if I continued down the list the rest of the returners are probably in this same size range.
    Tim White is also the same size as Antonio Brown. Tim White deserves a long look and lots of targets this summer.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    Tim White is also the same size as Antonio Brown. Tim White deserves a long look and lots of targets this summer.
    For once I would like to see the Ravens hit big on an offensive UDFA other than a kicker.

Blog Entries

For once I would like to see the Ravens hit big on an offensive UDFA other than a kicker.
    a b, I would too, but he's going to have an uphill battle. Considering he missed all of 2017, and kick returns are virtually non-existent, he will have to beat out the three FAs we signed, Chris Moore (who put up decent numbers), plus two 2018 draftees. If he shows skills this training camp, especially punt returns, he may have a chance. Otherwise it's purgatory (AKA the practice squad)... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    a b, I would too, but he's going to have an uphill battle. Considering he missed all of 2017, and kick returns are virtually non-existent, he will have to beat out the three FAs we signed, Chris Moore (who put up decent numbers), plus two 2018 draftees. If he shows skills this training camp, especially punt returns, he may have a chance. Otherwise it's purgatory (AKA the practice squad)... Bc
    He doesn't have to beat them out -- maybe one of them -- but he could be the #7 WR. Personally I like him better than Lasley. Jordan looks like one of those Ravens WRs that are more talented than actually good.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I think the WR group is pretty much up for grabs after the three FAs signed this off-season. After Crabtree, Snead and Brown anything goes. Sure, Tim White is a darkhorse candidate, but except for Chris Moore's special teams play, nobody else really has an edge. I'm not a believer in the concept that draft choices have a better shot this year. The Ravens don't have room for 12 draft choices plus any UDFAs unless they all play lights out and displace several veterans, which is really a longshot.

I think the WR group is pretty much up for grabs after the three FAs signed this off-season. After Crabtree, Snead and Brown anything goes. Sure, Tim White is a darkhorse candidate, but except for Chris Moore's special teams play, nobody else really has an edge. I'm not a believer in the concept that draft choices have a better shot this year. The Ravens don't have room for 12 draft choices plus any UDFAs unless they all play lights out and displace several veterans, which is really a longshot.
    If they were 6th or 7th rd picks maybe but you don’t invest in a 4th and 5th and leave them off the roster. PS and they would for sure be taken. I think the only spot up for grab is the 6th wr and if we choose to carry a 7th

Quote Originally Posted by smoothSeph View Post
    If they were 6th or 7th rd picks maybe but you don’t invest in a 4th and 5th and leave them off the roster. PS and they would for sure be taken. I think the only spot up for grab is the 6th wr and if we choose to carry a 7th
    That may be true, but if so it's limited thinking by the coaches. Just because you selected a guy with a 4th or 5th round pick shouldn't automatically guarantee him a spot on the roster. The roster spots should go to the players who are best and earn the spot. I think part of the Ravens' philosophy in this draft was to get as many players as they could because the draft can be a crap shoot. Baltimore has proven it can pick busts, so why not maximize the chance of finding a winner by getting more players - especially after the first few rounds of getting guys they probably were targeting (Hurst, Jackson, Brown, Andrews). Jaleel Scott was picked at the end of the 4th round and Jordan Lasley was picked in the 5th - the 7th and 8th players picked by the Ravens. I don't see either of those guys as locks, and putting one (or both) of them on the practice squad doesn't guarantee another team picks them up. Players picked off the practice squad by other teams have to be on the 53-man roster and I doubt there are a lot of teams lining up for a Ravens WR on the margin.

Ozzie is more bold than many posters have given him credit for over the years, e.g. moving up for Arthur Brown (unwise) and Maxx Williams (unlucky so far), and now Lamar Jackson (no one knows how that will work). But this year he has been very timid following the brilliant signing of Crabtree. He is apparently so afraid of the singleton bust (Perriman) or singleton injury (Maxx), that he is afraid to evaluate and trust his judgment, which is at the core of his job. It's as though he would rather have five JAGs to rotate than one high-quality prospect.

The problem is not that Scott and Lasley are bad but that we had a chance to get a WR who could be really good, DaeSean Hamilton. The context of the roster is absolutely germane - there are too many receivers. After Crabtree, Brown, Snead, we have Tim White and Chris Moore hungry and ready to show what they can do. With the addition of Scott and Lasley, there are now six higher ranked guys coming out of the starting gate, including, of course, Perriman. White and Moore are now behind the eight ball in terms of chances coming their way. I fully expect Harbaugh and Marty to announce their competition to show how important the coaches are. And a typical game will yield six targets for now Crabtree (then Wallace), and two targets apiece for fifteen other guys. I was down on Chris Moore as a receiver early last year until it dawned on me that he never gets enough targets to get warm or into any kind of rhythm with Joe. And Tim White has never caught a pass from Joe.

What I am afraid of is that Perriman will look great in the summer when it doesn't count. Tim White will go to PS where he will be grabbed away in ten minutes. And Perriman will stink again when it counts and his nerves kick in. And Marty can rotate everybody like last year.
    Last edited by rhapsody; 05-21-2018 at 08:56 AM.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

If Perriman makes the team again it's just proof that Harbaugh is inept at picking the best 53.

Perriman isn't making this team unless we have multiple injuries in the preseason.

Chris Moore is making this team no matter what because of his special teams alone which Harbaugh weighs higher than just about any other coach out there. He's also the only one besides Perriman that has any experience catching (sometimes deflecting) passes from Flacco.

I think we carry 7 WR with a couple of them functioning more as special teamers than WR.

These are locks:
    1. Crabtree
    2. Snead
    3. Brown (injury risk)
    4. Chris Moore (special teams)

Both rookie drafted WR will likely make the team.
    5. Scott
    6. Lasley

Open competition for the 1 remaining spot:
    Tim White, Breshad Perriman, Adeboyejo, Posey, UDFAs