Page 1 of 40 123 ... LastLast

Can the Raven fan base handle the drafting of Lamar Jackson?

Gotta keep it 100 and trill for the masses. Joe Flacco time in Baltimore has run its course. He’s well into his 30s and he is a shell of the himself. Now is the time to get his replacement.

Steve Biscotti is between a rock and a hard place. The NFL is a business first and foremost, so you have to protect your brand. People always say make the best football decision, but at the end of the day this is a business and you can’t tick off your customers.

But what if a large percentage of your fan base would be opposed to drafting Jackson, because he is diametrically opposite of Joe Flacco. After the kneeling and Kapernick debacle, do they have the balls to get the best qb available.

LJ is no EJ Manuel, he’s not articulate and he’s unpolished. He doesn’t project as a CEO type, and he is a product of the urban culture. But he’s accounted for 120 touchdowns and has the highest ceiling in the draft.

But in today’s political and social climate, he’s a lightning rod because he is a barometer of social perception, bias, and bigotry. Gonna be an interesting development if it happens!!!

Re: Can the Raven fan base handle the drafting of Lamar Jackson?

With that completion percentage and the history of running qbs.... No thanks. He would be exciting to watch of course but It would be just a matter of time u til he gets hurt imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Can the Raven fan base handle the drafting of Lamar Jackson?

Filth .....why must you project social injustice and racism on every topic?? Do you not watch football? There are more than one or two successful black QBs in the league. If Ozzie and Co. thought Jackson was the right QB for the Ravens after this year....they’ll draft him. Fans of the Ravens will cheer him and buy his jersey.
    After seeing what’s going on with Cap and the rest of the “protest” players ...I’d venture a guess that you won’t see that movement grow with the young players.
    Getting paid to play a game for as long as you can is Waay more important to 99% of young players now.

As an added bonus for you ...if LJ is our starting QB...I’ll only watch to see him fail. Other than that ...not a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Gotta keep it 100 and trill for the masses. Joe Flacco time in Baltimore has run its course. He’s well into his 30s and he is a shell of the himself. Now is the time to get his replacement.

Steve Biscotti is between a rock and a hard place. The NFL is a business first and foremost, so you have to protect your brand. People always say make the best football decision, but at the end of the day this is a business and you can’t tick off your customers.

But what if a large percentage of your fan base would be opposed to drafting Jackson, because he is diametrically opposite of Joe Flacco. After the kneeling and Kapernick debacle, do they have the balls to get the best qb available.

LJ is no EJ Manuel, he’s not articulate and he’s unpolished. He doesn’t project as a CEO type, and he is a product of the urban culture. But he’s accounted for 120 touchdowns and has the highest ceiling in the draft.

But in today’s political and social climate, he’s a lightning rod because he is a barometer of social perception, bias, and bigotry. Gonna be an interesting development if it happens!!!
    Hahahahhaha. You are the definition of a bigot.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Filth .....why must you project social injustice and racism on every topic?? Do you not watch football? There are more than one or two successful black QBs in the league. If Ozzie and Co. thought Jackson was the right QB for the Ravens after this year....they’ll draft him. Fans of the Ravens will cheer him and buy his jersey.
    After seeing what’s going on with Cap and the rest of the “protest” players ...I’d venture a guess that you won’t see that movement grow with the young players.
    Getting paid to play a game for as long as you can is Waay more important to 99% of young players now.

As an added bonus for you ...if LJ is our starting QB...I’ll only watch to see him fail. Other than that ...not a fan.

You and I know that drafting Lamar Jackson would create the biggest quarterback controversy known to man. For a variety of different reasons. Would you agree?

You and I know that drafting Lamar Jackson would create the biggest quarterback controversy known to man. For a variety of different reasons. Would you agree?
    You care more about the racial aspect than anyone else. If helps us win then awesome...I could care less if hes Hispanic as long as he knows he's playing American Football. Stop making it black and white so you can whine more

You're like our version of David Hogg, except you make less sense

Blog Entries

If he can help the team win I say draft him.

controversy in...a 1st round draft pick being groomed to replace the team's franchise QB

or

controversy in...a black guy replacing a white guy (I think this is what you inferred)

Yeah, I stand by my original take. You are a fucking bigot.

Next thread title

Can Filth handle the Ravens drafting Mason Rudolph......

Only in the aspect of a 1st round pick sitting behind the franchise QB

Sorry but I don’t see the race issue you so desperately want to push. The Ravens have had black QBs before. Hell we have RG3 now.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Next thread title

Can Filth handle the Ravens drafting Mason Rudolph......
    Nah. It would be can Filth handle Ravens drafting
    Jake Weinke WR South Dakota St?
    Or in last years draft us drafting Christian McCaffery ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Only in the aspect of a 1st round pick sitting behind the franchise QB

Sorry but I don’t see the race issue you so desperately want to push. The Ravens have had black QBs before. Hell we have RG3 now.

Damn it, I was hiding my racism cause I didn't think we would pick Jackson. But now that we actually do have a black QB on our team... all bets are off.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.