Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: ANIMALS: Here’s How Unethical The Mainstream Media Really Are

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Hey look! More lies...

https://www.dailywire.com/news/31980...al-ben-shapiro

Over the weekend, the media went insane over the supposed Trump administration policy of separating illegal immigrant parents from their children. According to the media, Trump could with one quick fix simply prevent the separation of children from their parents; according to the media, all Trump has to do is wave his magic wand, and all will be well.

This is a lie.

More specifically, it’s several lies.

1. Trump Created Separation Of Children From Illegal Immigrant Parents. This is plainly false. In 1997, the federal government made an agreement in a case called Flores not to keep unaccompanied illegal immigrant children in custody beyond 20 days. The settlement said nothing about accompanied illegal immigrant children – children who crossed the border with their parents. The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals then ruled that accompanied children also could not be held in custody under the terms of the settlement. This meant that the government either had to release whole families, or that the government had to separate parents from children.

2. Immigrants Seeking Asylum Are Being Punished For Seeking Asylum. This is plainly untrue as well. Immigrants who come to points of entry to seek asylum aren’t actually illegally in the country – they’re not arrested. They’re processed through ICE, and their children stay with them. If, however, illegal immigrants cross the border illegally, the Trump administration now treats them as criminals. If they choose deportation, they aren’t separated from their kids; if they choose to apply for asylum, they stay in the country longer than 20 days, and their kids have to be removed by operation of law.

3. The Trump Facilities Are Awful Thanks To Trump. They may be awful, but they were just as awful under President Obama.
    The third point is kind of a "yea, but-ism" IMO.

The immigration issue is a huge problem. There aren't really any good answers either. It's kind of one of those "putting the tube back into the toothpaste" situations because we've been letting people in for so long and doing very little about it. Not just from Mexico or South America either. A friend's mother is a UK citizen and came over to the US on a work visa in the 70's and she basically never left. I think she still lives in Arlington, VA. I remember my mom asking her why she never went through the process and she basically said "nah, too much hassle and not worth it for me".

I would like to see them make the immigration process easier.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Not to sound like myself or anything but there are other means of stopping the flood of invaders from the south. To quote USMC COL Nathan Jessup” you can’t handle the truth. You want me on that wall , you need me on that wall”. No one wants that option. But back when we had a Playboy , left wing POTUS it was ok for Reno’s Rangers to seize ole Elian Gonzalez from his “family “ at gun point. It was also ok for that same Gestapo group to kill innocent children and women at the Branch Dividian Complex in Waco. But we can’t kill unwanted invaders that threaten our country???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

These foreigners send their kids here with strangers but we get stuck with them and try to do something to help them and we're the bad guys? Give me a break. You send your kids worlds away and think it's not a miracle that their still alive? You don't want to be separated from your kids? Fine, DON'T COME HERE!!!

Are we really going to mix them in with adults while being detained? This is just another talking point that they can use to beat Trump and the GOP over the head with.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    These foreigners send their kids here with strangers but we get stuck with them and try to do something to help them and we're the bad guys? Give me a break. You send your kids worlds away and think it's not a miracle that their still alive? You don't want to be separated from your kids? Fine, DON'T COME HERE!!!

Are we really going to mix them in with adults while being detained? This is just another talking point that they can use to beat Trump and the GOP over the head with.
    Amen!

The uninformed regurgitate these talking points thinking...”how can we do this to these children?” without an iota of understanding.

The parents are using their kids as leverage to illegally get in this country and jump on government assistance and we’re the bad guys for trying to stop this bullshit.

GFY!

Blog Entries

Amen!

The uninformed regurgitate these talking points thinking...”how can we do this to these children?” without an iota of understanding.

The parents are using their kids as leverage to illegally get in this country and jump on government assistance and we’re the bad guys for trying to stop this bullshit.

GFY!
    Charity begins at home. We have homeless Vets. We have significant problems here. Is opening the floodgates during a flood really the answer?

Charity begins at home. We have homeless Vets. We have significant problems here. Is opening the floodgates during a flood really the answer?
    Tucker brought up an amazing point tonight.

What about the kids who’s parents were taken away because they are in jail? What about the kids who’s parents were taken away because they were killed in war? Why aren’t democratic politicians knocking on their doors to check on their well being?

I’ll tell you why. Those kids are American. These virtue signaling ass hats are more than happy to do that for foreign kids to make sure they’re ok because there are political points in it for them.

They couldn’t be any more insincere. These people (Pelosi, HRC) are actually quoting the Bible right now to make their point. The same people who are ok with partial birth abortions are lecturing us on biblical morality.

It’s sickening.

Tucker brought up an amazing point tonight.

What about the kids who’s parents were taken away because they are in jail? What about the kids who’s parents were taken away because they were killed in war? Why aren’t democratic politicians knocking on their doors to check on their well being?

I’ll tell you why. Those kids are American. These virtue signaling ass hats are more than happy to do that for foreign kids to make sure they’re ok because there are political points in it for them.

They couldn’t be any more insincere. These people (Pelosi, HRC) are actually quoting the Bible right now to make their point. The same people who are ok with partial birth abortions are lecturing us on biblical morality.

It’s sickening.
    Hillary quoting the Bible just reached the pinnacle of hypocrisy.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Hillary quoting the Bible just reached the pinnacle of hypocrisy.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    This ^

Blog Entries

I have a guy I went to high school that goes to South America to help out in what is basically 4th world villages. He told a story of a woman who was trying to get into America and some of the stuff they went through, i.e. paying people to help get you here, stuffing yourselves in vans, buildings, daughter raped.

To think that you would send your kids here with that type of stuff happening with out you is CRAZY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I have a guy I went to high school that goes to South America to help out in what is basically 4th world villages. He told a story of a woman who was trying to get into America and some of the stuff they went through, i.e. paying people to help get you here, stuffing yourselves in vans, buildings, daughter raped.

To think that you would send your kids here with that type of stuff happening with out you is CRAZY!!!
    The hope of a better life will make people do extraordinary things.

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    The hope of a better life will make people do extraordinary things.
    Agreed. No wealthy person ever knocked off a 7-Eleven.

I touched on this in an earlier post... In order to keep the family unit together, we can either put children in adult detention centers (unthinkable), put adults in child detention centers (unthinkable), or hold no one, which means “catch and release,” which means letting even more illegal immigrants loose to live in our country illegally.

Anyone falling for this “media lie” is ignoring an inconvenient truth and settling for a convenient lie. Such is the world today.
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 06-19-2018 at 09:50 AM.

I think that people need to take a step back and think of issues critically before they get emotional and hysterical. Yes, what is happening is awful and is repulsive. But what got us to this situation, and what are the alternatives?

Do we keep the kids and adults locked in a prison together unsupervised? This may sound reasonable, but we really have no documentation that proves who is the child of who. So we'd be risking putting unrelated adults sleeping in sleeping bags next to unrelated children in cages. I guess it could work, but then you have a whole new can of worms.

I guess that what some people are really hoping for is that we stop patrolling the border altogether. I guess that's an option. But for many reasons, there are basic practicalities and benefits to having standards for legal immigration, and not allowing illegal immigration.

So we're kind of between a rock and a hard place. I think that the burden should be on the migrants to get their paperwork in line, and go through the channels legally, instead of coming first and expecting amnesty later.