Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Deep passes (15+ yards) by qbs since 2000

Where did you get this chart?

Funny, last night I was telling Filmstudy that the Ravens have all but abandoned the deep ball last season and they should get back to it.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

I agree that who the QBs are throwing to and whether or not they play in domes are incredibly important for this type of thing. Clearly Joe's numbers would be better if he was throwing to Calvin Johnson or Julio Jones for at least half his career. At the same time, Ryan and Stafford likely have worse deep ball numbers if they had a year with Mason, Boldin, and Housh as their top 3 (aka no deep threat) and some of the WRs Joe's had.

All that said, I'm flat out shocked to see Favre so low.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    It indicates that Brees is a fucking animal.
    I'm fairly impressed with Aaron Rodgers' low interception rate. For throwing that many 'deep' passes, he sure doesn't throw nearly as many interceptions per attempt as anyone else on that list - only 1 per every 26 attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Interesting graphic. What is it supposed to indicate? Would it make more sense if you had segmented it by QB contemporaries?
    I would say that is a more valid comparison, or perhaps just count 4 year windows when all the guys were playing. Based on how it's presented, Joe is the worst deep ball passer on the list, right? You've included injury shortened seasons for everyone on the list as well so I can't use that as a reason or the type of offense they play in...dammit.

Joe's contemporaries on that list are Matt Ryan and Stafford. Joe and Matt drafted in 08, Stafford in 09.

Ryan - 44.9% 429/956 11,548 yds 64 tds 59 ints
    Stafford - 40.2% 337/838 9845 yds 64 tds 43 ints
    Flacco - 35.2% 348/989 73 tds 59 ints

So let me run through my bucket list of excuses...
    Actually nevermind, 2 clearly GREAT QBs playing in domes with 2 HOF wrs vs that bum Flacco and his merry band of misfits and over the hill wrs...how the hell does he have more tds??
    Does that mean even though the Y/A is low, he still connected on more TDs? I feel like the TDs are more important than yards. That would put Joe somewhere in the middle of the pack.
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

The eye in the sky don’t lie, empirical data don’t lie, Flacco sucks. That’s scary!

And both of those guys are "short" qb's who can't see over the line.
    They both tend to move around in the pocket when pressure is felt while still looking down field for an open receiver.
    Pocket presence and scrambling ability does all kinds of good stuff for an offense.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

This is not all qbs obviously but a selection of well known ones....[image of Deep passes (15+ yard0 by qbs since 2000]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Interesting stat. Like with any stat, but especially raw data stats like this, context has to be factored in.

Surely scheme and personnel play a roles in deep passing numbers.
    It doesn't absolve Flacco for the lack of production....but you can't put all the blame on him.
    Imho the ideal offense for Joe is a vertical passing air coryell type offense that lets him throw the ball downfield.
    But that requires above average pass protection and better receivers then he's had.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Interesting stat. Like with any stat, but especially raw data stats like this, context has to be factored in.

It doesn't absolve Flacco for the lack of production....but you can't put all the blame on him.
    Imho the ideal offense for Joe is a vertical passing air coryell type offense that lets him throw the ball downfield.
    But that requires above average pass protection and better receivers then he's had.
    Besides playoff wins when Ray Lewis and Ray Rice were on the team, is there a positive metric about Flacco we can talk about!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post

The catch is even when Flacco has thrown deep lately, he's been bad.

1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Besides playoff wins when Ray Lewis and Ray Rice were on the team, is there a positive metric about Flacco we can talk about!
    From the start of the 2001 season until the start of the 2008 season (Flaccos first) the Ravens were in 3 playoff games and won only 1.
    Your narrative is getting old!!
    Got anything more to contribute to these types of conversations and threads besides "Flacco sucks" and Lamar Jackson will be the second coming?
    For the record.....I hope you're right about Lamar Jackson.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

drew brees is a god damn machine...then there is flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    drew brees is a god damn machine...then there is flacco
    Flacco needs to retire bruh LOL