Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Deep passes (15+ yards) by qbs since 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I just never understood why they paid Flacco if harbs just wanted to run a 1970s bo schembechler team in the modern nfl passing era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    They bought into this idea that an elite QB makes average receivers great. They saw the Packers lose guys over the years who never performed as well elsewhere. They saw defensive players leave the Ravens away from Ray, Ed and Suggs and look ordinary. Somehow that translated into Flacco not needing any weapons to succeed.

Blog Entries

Highest percentage of checkdowns last season:

Mike Glennon
    Brock Osweiler
    Joe Flacco
    Blake Bortles
    DeShone Kizer
    Tyrod Taylor

Mike Glennon
    Brock Osweiler
    Joe Flacco
    Blake Bortles
    DeShone Kizer
    Tyrod Taylor

That right there is what I call elite company!

Blog Entries

Mike Glennon
    Brock Osweiler
    Joe Flacco
    Blake Bortles
    DeShone Kizer
    Tyrod Taylor

so you're telling me Josh Mccown had a better season than all these guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Yup the execs made him worse than Jimmy Clausen in 2010. Probably had a voodoo doll. Has to be what it is...
    You dont come into the league literally YOLO-ing the football downfield, win a superbowl, be superbowl MVP, Declare yourself ELITE and then choose to be a check down queen.... something changed and its not just "He got paid". If anything he'd just chuck it deep more often
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    lol nothing wrong with that I appreciate you spending your resources and sharing this information, it's plain as day to me flacco don't give a shit about his craft. My issue with flacco is the things he can control. We get it, we understand the FO didn't do much to help in some seasons, that flacco has no control over. But what has flacco done to elevate his own game? What's his regiment? does he even have one? Does he show up early and leave late? does he watch film? why has he not become that cerebral QB like he should be at this stage in his career? those are the things i place at flacco's feet.

If Joe was a creature of habit and obsess for greatness and just kept falling short due to the FO then I would be still on the flacco train all the way, but that hasn't been the case.
    Smoove, this is where I get off the train with a lot of you guys. There is a shit-ton of conjecture and speculation about what Joe does and doesn't do to "hone" his craft. I've never understood the origin of it. How do any of us know what time he comes in, how much film he studies or what time he leaves. Does someone out there have a list of clock in and clock out times for all 32 QBs in the league? Or is it just a lazy, convenient excuse to use when a player doesn't perform well? Tim Tebow stayed in the gym and at the facility and had a "burning" passion for football 24 hours a day. Favre has admitted to horrible practice habits, not being able to read defenses and battling a pervasive addiction problem. I'm trying to remember the last time I saw ARod(best QB in the league, right) gathering his WRs for offseason workouts on a consistent basis.
    Where was the outrage over it during Flacco's first 6 years? Where was the outrage over it when the Ravens had the Pats on the ropes in that last playoff game with the 2 14pt leads? I simply can't get with this whole "well Joe is playing like shit so he must have stopped caring" bullshit. People clearly admit that the FO has fallen short at times and that Joe has played through injuries the last few years, but then turn around in the same post and say Joe is "9 to 5" or some other made up narrative. I know with the QB position everyone likes to attribute success to "intangibles" or "it factor" but the reality is quite simple. Football is a team game. If you field 1. a good offensive line, 2. good talent at some of your skill positions and 3. have a competent OC calling plays, your offense will succeed. During seasons when Joe has even had 2 out of 3, the Ravens have been good enough to make the playoffs. Every QB, even the HOF ones, NEED 2 out of 3 to be successful. The idea that the QB can elevate and overcome without it is pure fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Smoove, this is where I get off the train with a lot of you guys. There is a shit-ton of conjecture and speculation about what Joe does and doesn't do to "hone" his craft. I've never understood the origin of it. How do any of us know what time he comes in, how much film he studies or what time he leaves. Does someone out there have a list of clock in and clock out times for all 32 QBs in the league? Or is it just a lazy, convenient excuse to use when a player doesn't perform well? Tim Tebow stayed in the gym and at the facility and had a "burning" passion for football 24 hours a day. Favre has admitted to horrible practice habits, not being able to read defenses and battling a pervasive addiction problem. I'm trying to remember the last time I saw ARod(best QB in the league, right) gathering his WRs for offseason workouts on a consistent basis.
    Where was the outrage over it during Flacco's first 6 years? Where was the outrage over it when the Ravens had the Pats on the ropes in that last playoff game with the 2 14pt leads? I simply can't get with this whole "well Joe is playing like shit so he must have stopped caring" bullshit. People clearly admit that the FO has fallen short at times and that Joe has played through injuries the last few years, but then turn around in the same post and say Joe is "9 to 5" or some other made up narrative. I know with the QB position everyone likes to attribute success to "intangibles" or "it factor" but the reality is quite simple. Football is a team game. If you field 1. a good offensive line, 2. good talent at some of your skill positions and 3. have a competent OC calling plays, your offense will succeed. During seasons when Joe has even had 2 out of 3, the Ravens have been good enough to make the playoffs. Every QB, even the HOF ones, NEED 2 out of 3 to be successful. The idea that the QB can elevate and overcome without it is pure fiction.
    Just name one aspect of Flacco's game that has improved since 2010. If you can show me how Flacco has improved, then I would believe that he puts in work. But his audibles and presnap reads are so bad, its hard to imagine he's really spending a lot of time at it.

Based on how his growth stagnated, Flacco is dumb and can't get better (a definite possibility) or lazy.

Blog Entries

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    Just name one aspect of Flacco's game that has improved since 2010. If you can show me how Flacco has improved, then I would believe that he puts in work. But his audibles and presnap reads are so bad, its hard to imagine he's really spending a lot of time at it.

Based on how his growth stagnated, Flacco is dumb and can't get better (a definite possibility) or lazy.
    You are speaking the truth

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    You are speaking the truth
    LOL, OK guys, I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    LOL, OK guys, I get it.
    LOL Do you? I need to be more obnoxious to make sure you get it LOL just kidding LOL