Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: What Defender do you want to see take a DPOY leap?

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Although it doesn't really show in the stat sheet, he was also a monster in the Cincy and Cleveland games where the Ravens gave up 10 points combined. Then came the horrible trip to England and his season ended.
    He was outstanding those first 2 and a half games. He'd played over 80% of the team's snaps (extraordinary for a DL) to the point he got hurt and had been on the field for all 10 turnovers and all 8 sacks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    He was outstanding those first 2 and a half games. He'd played over 80% of the team's snaps (extraordinary for a DL) to the point he got hurt and had been on the field for all 10 turnovers and all 8 sacks.
    Imagine how good he would have been if he wasn't made of glass and hadn't had spent most his career on IR. I feel no matter how good he plays this season and even if it's for a full season, his market value will be somewhat tarnished by his medical history.

Blog Entries

If we have a Henry who has progressed and a healthy Urban (massive IF), we should have a nasty DL from a pass rush perspective

Would love for it to be Tim Williams or a guy that hasn't made much of an impact yet.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Agreed with Goode05 about a CB being unlikely, but we'll see. I'll go somewhat of a dark horse - Matt Judon. I don't know that he'll ever get to that level, but I like his potential to continue to get better and be a pass rushing force.
    yeah, but since we are dealing in hyptheticals Judon making it would be awesome. I just want a closer, i dont care who it is.

Matt Judon would be the choice for me too; if he can make the leap than that would help us greatly

Tyus bowser. Showed flashes as a rookie. If he can take the next step, that’ll be amazing.
    Reasons:
    1. Still going to be cheap for awhile
    2. Give us insurance for when Suggs leave. Bowser and Judon tearing it up.
    3. I won’t get as salty whenever I see a JuJu highlight (who I really wanted in the 2ns round.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    i was so wrong about Joey...smh..I'm still eating crow on that one today.
    You are not alone. Me too. If the Ravens go deep in the playoffs riding a very strong D, I would guess Moseley. Not just because of the big contract, but Moseley will be getting some help this year:

More freedom with Wink
    probably a better ILB at his side
    Jefferson will be better in his natural SS role
    DeShon Elliott could be a big help against TEs in some packages
    Judon has another year of experience
    The CB group will be even better than last year

That's a lot of positives which will make Moseley's job easier.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

I want to go with Judon.. but another dark horse may be Tony Jefferson. This would mean his is making game changing plays (Ints, Sacks, FF, TDs, ect) and that would likely lead to a lot of wins.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    You are not alone. Me too. If the Ravens go deep in the playoffs riding a very strong D, I would guess Moseley. Not just because of the big contract, but Moseley will be getting some help this year:

More freedom with Wink
    probably a better ILB at his side
    Jefferson will be better in his natural SS role
    DeShon Elliott could be a big help against TEs in some packages
    Judon has another year of experience
    The CB group will be even better than last year

That's a lot of positives which will make Moseley's job easier.
    lol smh I fucked that one up bad Rhap, real bad. Bu ti am looking froward to see what Wink does, like I was tellign shug the year he was Denver's DC, their defense was trash but Wink had all those LBs playing at a very high level in that defense.

Matt Judon.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Imagine how good he would have been if he wasn't made of glass and hadn't had spent most his career on IR. I feel no matter how good he plays this season and even if it's for a full season, his market value will be somewhat tarnished by his medical history.
    It stinks, and he isn't the only recent draft pick like that. Michael Campanaro would have been a good slot WR. Crockett Gillmore looked promising in 2015 when he averaged 12.5 ypc and had 4 TD. The injury bug has IMO been the biggest problem with recent drafts.

As far as the OP - really I just want a better defensive unit as a whole. Better communication, less breakdowns on 3rd down and late in the 2nd/4th quarters. No question in my mind the talent is there on all three levels.