Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: What Defender do you want to see take a DPOY leap?

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    The best possible scenario would be Brandon Williams. It would mean he could suddenly generate a pass rush. That would give the Ravens push up the middle, making the teams overall pass rush much better. It would also mean he could play all 3 downs, and his contract would be justified.
    That would make his contract a steal. This would definitely do the most to improve the defense as well.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

For me it would have to be Mosley. If we're going to overpay the guy it would certainly be nice to either have him earn it or show that it wasn't a bad decision to do so.
    Elevating his game to DPOY quality would hopefully mean he's approaching Ray Lewis type play on the field.
    Now we all know he's not Ray Lewis but that should be the barto try and achieve. He's entering his prime years right now so now is the time to step it up.
    His play on the field if it were to reach DPOY level would mean he's sideline to sidelne tacklng, diagnosing plays prior to the snap and getting the defense in the proper positions to make plays. His ability to do all of this would certainly elevate the defense as a whole to a level we're accustomed to seeing around here and is missed.
    Statistically speaking we've been near the top but it certainly hasn't exactly felt that way and missing the playoffs seemingly forever now kind of confirms that.
    Do I think Mosley can do it?
    Nope, but if you're asking who I'd want to see do it or play at that level it would be the guy that is supposed to be the centerpiece of the defense and is getting ready to be paid like he is the DPOY.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Matt Judon

So were a lot if other people - even guys who do this stuff for a living. Just goes to show that when it cones ti the draft, no one realky knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    i was so wrong about Joey...smh..I'm still eating crow on that one today.
    Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I don’t really see anybody making too big of a leap compared to last year. The only one with the potential is Humphrey who was the only one really leaping off the screen for me.

Lots of people saying Judon. He played pretty well last year but I don’t know if his ceiling will go much higher. Same with Mosley.

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    Willie Henry.
    Beat me to it.

We're a legit pass-rushing DT away from being a nightmare Defense. If Willie Henry exploded onto the scene with a DPOY type season, it changes the way teams would try to play us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Mosley would be a good one too, that pay day is coming up and i'm finding it hard to pay top dollars to an ILB who can't cover TE's in today's NFL.
    If Mosley wins DPOY, he's probably covering TEs quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Beat me to it.

We're a legit pass-rushing DT away from being a nightmare Defense. If Willie Henry exploded onto the scene with a DPOY type season, it changes the way teams would try to play us.
    For me that would be Brent Urban. Perhaps he's less likely to do it with his injury history, but he briefly looked REALLY good last year as the starting 5-tech.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    If Mosley wins DPOY, he's probably covering TEs quite well.

For me that would be Brent Urban. Perhaps he's less likely to do it with his injury history, but he briefly looked REALLY good last year as the starting 5-tech.
    Good one... I forgot about urban.... He was looking like a young JJ Watt in the preseason.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Good one... I forgot about urban.... He was looking like a young JJ Watt in the preseason.....
    Although it doesn't really show in the stat sheet, he was also a monster in the Cincy and Cleveland games where the Ravens gave up 10 points combined. Then came the horrible trip to England and his season ended.

The defense changed when Urban got hurt. If Henry ascends that means he will have to do it at the expense of Pierce.

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    The defense changed when Urban got hurt. If Henry ascends that means he will have to do it at the expense of Pierce.
    Depends on how much nickel we play.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Depends on how much nickel we play.
    Henry and Pierce don't really compete for the same snaps and ideally, Henry will play fewer run snaps still in 2018. Pierce is a 2-down guy and Henry is their best interior pass rush guy who they want to keep fresh for that role.