Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: What Defender do you want to see take a DPOY leap?

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    To clarify - I didn't mean this year. Not sure if that was the intent of the OP or not. But if Judon continues to improve, in another 2 or 3 seasons....maybe.

I agree that Bosa is a good preseason pick for this upcoming season.
    Gotcha.

I just hope that Judon is still on the team in 3 years. He's the kind of guy that seems to hit the free agency market every year who we just can't seem to keep

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Marlon Humphrey wont win DPOY, but I think he has the potential to be something special.
    I agree, and if a few others (Judon, Bowser, Pierce, Willie Henry, and a couple of others) just raise their game, then this defense could really thrive. With the right DC of course... Bc

Blog Entries

dpoy mostly goes to either tackling machines or pass rushers. Mosley is by far the closest contender on this team. Judon has a nice all around game that may get him some consideration some day, not unlike Suggs when he won it. Hell need to up his pass rushing ability, but hes probably the closest in that category outside Mosley. otherwise we dont really have that type of player on the team that usually gets the attention necessary to win it.
    -JAB

tim williams

5. Re: What Defender do you want to see take a DPOY leap?

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    DISCLAIMER: James Harrison and his pharmacist won in 08 with 100+ combined tackles, 16 sacks, 7 FF, an INT, a safety, 1 fumble recovery, and 3 passes defended.
    FTFY

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I didn’t say win DPOY, but play at that level. Love to say Marlon or Sizzle!

Who do I WANT to win DPOY? That's easy, a low draft pick with small contractual obligations and 4 full years of team control. Any of Kenny Young, Deshon Elliott, or Zach Sieler meet that standard.

Who MIGHT REALISTICALLY step forward to DPOY status? Mosley, Humphrey, and Judon are the best bets to take a step forward based on current talent and playing time, but the most likely to rapidly put up impressive DPOY numbers might be Tim Williams. In any case we're talking a trivial probability of winning the award.
    Last edited by Filmstudy; 05-16-2018 at 12:35 PM.

Another good problem to have would be an enormous upgrade to Za'Darius Smith's play in his contract year. He quietly had a very effective year as a pass rusher in 2017 and if this defense goes all in on aggression, he's a player who could break out.

If he did, the Ravens would have to decide on whether to franchise him, otherwise commit long term, tag/trade, or allow him to walk for compensatory value. You can see how it's a lot more exciting to have a rookie step up than a player in year 4.

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    I didn’t say win DPOY, but play at that level. Love to say Marlon or Sizzle!
    I don't know how people didn't catch this. Figure it out guys.

For the Ravens, I think Humphrey is the only player who has the potential to be a DPOY or at least play like one.

Outside of the Ravens, I think Marshon Lattimore has a good chance of being a DPOY if he builds on his baller rookie season. I also agree with others that Joey Bosa is the most logical candidate.
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

I'm going to go with Suggs. Imo this is his last year and he hangs it up, so what better way to go out than put roughly 14 sacks, 3INTs, 7 PDs, and around 7FFs which would be about equal to his DPOY stat line in 2011. I would like to see his snaps limited to keep him more fresh, he doesn't need to play every single down and this also gives a chance to the youngers to get in there, its a win win imo

I realize that stat line isn't very likely, with the addition to Chubb to the Broncos, Von Miller is my pick

Willie Henry. He was Suggs’ first pick on the phone call with PSL owners. I’ll make him my pick too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk