Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: What Defender do you want to see take a DPOY leap?

Chris Wormley, Brandon Kaufusi or Kamalei Correa.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    For me it would have to be Mosley. If we're going to overpay the guy it would certainly be nice to either have him earn it or show that it wasn't a bad decision to do so.
    Elevating his game to DPOY quality would hopefully mean he's approaching Ray Lewis type play on the field.
    Now we all know he's not Ray Lewis but that should be the barto try and achieve. He's entering his prime years right now so now is the time to step it up.
    His play on the field if it were to reach DPOY level would mean he's sideline to sidelne tacklng, diagnosing plays prior to the snap and getting the defense in the proper positions to make plays. His ability to do all of this would certainly elevate the defense as a whole to a level we're accustomed to seeing around here and is missed.
    Statistically speaking we've been near the top but it certainly hasn't exactly felt that way and missing the playoffs seemingly forever now kind of confirms that.
    Do I think Mosley can do it?
    Nope, but if you're asking who I'd want to see do it or play at that level it would be the guy that is supposed to be the centerpiece of the defense and is getting ready to be paid like he is the DPOY.
    For all we know he can diagnose the plays, but didn't have the freedom to audible. Should be interesting to see how this year goes.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Judon. We desperately need someone to begin filling Suggs' shoes.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Judon. We desperately need someone to begin filling Suggs' shoes.
    hrf, those are LARGE shoes to fill, but we will never know unless we use our young players to see if they're up to the task. I'm not saying put Suggs out to pasture, I admire him very much, but not allowing guys like Bowser, Tim Wms, and even Correa playing time to be in position to rush the passer will mean there will be a hole to fill (when Suggs retires) and we won't know who has the capacity to fill it... Bc