Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

What Defender do you want to see take a DPOY leap?

I’ll go with Marlon Humphrey. If you have two great corners you can play any defense at any time. That’s why the Rams defense is gonna be sick this year. But if Marlon takes the leap, our defense will be insane!

Re: What Defender do you want to see take a DPOY leap?

Mosley since he's going to get paid a shit ton next offseason.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Mosley would be a good one too, that pay day is coming up and i'm finding it hard to pay top dollars to an ILB who can't cover TE's in today's NFL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    I’ll go with Marlon Humphrey. If you have two great corners you can play any defense at any time. That’s why the Rams defense is gonna be sick this year. But if Marlon takes the leap, our defense will be insane!
    I can’t see a corner being DPOY in the past 20 years only Charles Woodson has done it. If anyone it would probably be Mosley right in time for us to make him the highest paid linebacker in history

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed with Goode05 about a CB being unlikely, but we'll see. I'll go somewhat of a dark horse - Matt Judon. I don't know that he'll ever get to that level, but I like his potential to continue to get better and be a pass rushing force.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

No one on the Ravens is winning DPOY. I'd be happy with some guys on defense not named Mosley and Suggs making the Pro Bowl.

The guy I see winning it is Joey Bosa. That's the best D-line in the NFL. They're now adding Derwin James to fill the holes behind them. Bosa has 23 sacks in just 2 seasons. He can get 18 this year if they stay healthy

The best possible scenario would be Brandon Williams. It would mean he could suddenly generate a pass rush. That would give the Ravens push up the middle, making the teams overall pass rush much better. It would also mean he could play all 3 downs, and his contract would be justified.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    No one on the Ravens is winning DPOY. I'd be happy with some guys on defense not named Mosley and Suggs making the Pro Bowl.

The guy I see winning it is Joey Bosa. That's the best D-line in the NFL. They're now adding Derwin James to fill the holes behind them. Bosa has 23 sacks in just 2 seasons. He can get 18 this year if they stay healthy
    i was so wrong about Joey...smh..I'm still eating crow on that one today.

If I had to pick a player to be good enough to win DPOY, it'd be Judon or Humphrey.

Let's face it. It's a passing league. So if Judon a DPOY candidate, that means his pass rushing ability was phenomenal AND he likely played very well in coverage (a few INTs and batted passes) along with many forced fumbles. If Humphrey is an option, that means he was either so good as a lock down corner that people took notice of no WRs doing anything against him, and/or he threatened the INT record which means more turnovers.

For what it takes for a DB to win, I'd almost prefer it to be Humphrey. In 08, we watched Reed get 9 INTs, a FF, recover 2 fumbles, score 3 total defensive TDs, break the INT return record twice, and still not win. So imagine how good Humphrey would have to play to win.

DISCLAIMER: James Harrison won in 08 with 100+ combined tackles, 16 sacks, 7 FF, an INT, a safety, 1 fumble recovery, and 3 passes defended.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

To clarify - I didn't mean this year. Not sure if that was the intent of the OP or not. But if Judon continues to improve, in another 2 or 3 seasons....maybe.

I agree that Bosa is a good preseason pick for this upcoming season.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    The best possible scenario would be Brandon Williams. It would mean he could suddenly generate a pass rush. That would give the Ravens push up the middle, making the teams overall pass rush much better. It would also mean he could play all 3 downs, and his contract would be justified.
    Ok, I'm just going to retract my previous post and agree with this one

Blog Entries

Marlon Humphrey wont win DPOY, but I think he has the potential to be something special.