Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Dez Doesn't Regret Turning Us Down

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    No way he comes now. I thought there may be a chance if he wanted to, but after this he can go fuck himself. Looks petty.
    agreed. if there was any continued talks about an incentive laiden deal on the cheap, those are over. Hes basically saying the organization isnt a fit, not that their offer was bad. he did so publicly. thats dumb, when its your only significant offer. I dont know whats more telling that the cowboys dont want him back, or that none of their rivals do. they played him twice a year and dont feel hes worth it, that says a lot imo.

we dodged a bullet, imo and im glad we went with Snead over him. I think that statement says a lot too.
    -JAB

Good. I was already glad when I heard that Dez turned down the Ravens multi-year offer, because I never wanted him here in the first place. Crabtree has been more productive in recent years anyway.

3. Re: Dez Doesn't Regret Turning Us Down

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I'd take him on the cheap, but no way I'd pay a premium for him. We have Crabby, I'm happy with that.
    I doubt he take an "on the cheap" deal, anyway. His ego is way too big for that. I also feel he'd be a disruptive force in the clubhouse. First time he thought he wasn't getting enough throws his way or some of the passes were.... (let's just call them slightly off target) he'd start throwing his well documented hissy fits. No thanks. Rumor has it he may be heading to the Pack. They can have him. At least Rodgers can put the ball where it should be......

Blog Entries

He’s stuck now till someone major goes down in camp or preseason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Re: Dez Doesn't Regret Turning Us Down

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Gonna get the TO treatment now.
    Heck, he may start claiming collusion now. Sounds about right.

A public figure choosing to publicly express regret for something widely determined to be a gross error in judgment would be shocking.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post

... Bc
    some wisdom here from our seasoned vet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I'd still take him for the low right now.
    The second he drops a TD pass that hits him in the chest you're going to feel different. The money isn't the issue. He just isn't able to win those contested balls like he used to and he's not quick enough for passes not to be contested. This is why the league is avoiding him

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Seems like a blessing in disguise.
    Absolutely. It also got the Ravens to sign Snead so it's not like we just left that spot empty and waited for the draft

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The second he drops a TD pass that hits him in the chest you're going to feel different. The money isn't the issue. He just isn't able to win those contested balls like he used to and he's not quick enough for passes not to be contested. This is why the league is avoiding him
    yea I'm over the idea of it, and that's all it was, an idea. Dez looked kind of done to me but it was a perfect scenario for him based on what we've always done in the past, but that ship has sailed a month ago.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    yea I'm over the idea of it, and that's all it was, an idea. Dez looked kind of done to me but it was a perfect scenario for him based on what we've always done in the past, but that ship has sailed a month ago.
    I was interested until I saw that All or Nothing. It's not Hard Knocks. They go through every game of the regular season and focus on the team instead of just rookies or obscure backups. Dez dropped a lot of balls the coaches were always discussing what was going on. To his face though it was all hugs and ass kissing. The only question I have is why they didn't just cut Dez before free agency started since there was no way they wanted him back

Dez isn't done but he comes with a ton of baggage. It's just not worth it. Honestly, Flacco needs receivers who are going to produce and not complain all the time. That's not Dez