Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Suggs throws Pees under the bus

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    Harbaugh was happy enough to have an aging Steve Smith. But he doesn't want vibrant young stars who will win the game without Harbaugh's chess game being in the forefront. 17-13 is what Harbaugh wants.
    That's assinine. No coach would say no to Julio Jones, Larry Fitz, Andre Johnson. Harbaugh would rather win 40-3. Any coach would.

But he doesn't have those guys, and 40-3 is tough to come by in this age of parity. So he wins how he can.

Harbaugh didn't seem that upset about winning in Denver 38-35 in 2012, or in Atlanta 34-31 a few weeks later.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I think this a good point and does speak to a certain level of what the sentiment is/was from the players towards Pees.
    When Marvin Lewis left there were many players who were outspoken about what they we're losing.
    Same thing for Mike Nolan, Chuck Pagano and Rex Ryan.
    (Ryan I discount because he was too much of a buddy to the players rather than a coach)
    Maybe it's because the players we have now (save maybe Weddle) are more reserved and not necessarily alpha dogs and outspoken leaders like Ray Lewis and Ed Reed were.
    Even somebody like Judon who is becoming one of the premier defenders on our team is rarely heard from.
    I don't think they really cared for him Fan, we've seen when he had good DC's here how guys showed love to them, from Marvin to Rex and so on, you never hear the guys singing pees praises, they don't bury him either, but you never see or hear of them going out their way to give him props.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Only Rex. I don't remember them ever caring about a coach on offense or defense leaving besides Rex. Rex and the late great Clarence Brooks were the only Ravens coaches who really connected with the players.
    they did with Marvin too, Brooks was another one they absolutely adored, i think they think very highly of Martindale as well because he's been around for a long time with the staff.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Chuck Pagano was pretty popular too.
    yup they loved Chuck P too, they still do. I think if Chuck was here we would have probably saw a split with this team in the locker room, something tells me John didn't care for Chuck because Chuck didn't put up with his fuckery.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    How much of that is on John?
    It's tough to be sure, of course; but the available evidence supports the idea that John is MORE aggressive than Pees, not less.

Remember on the final defensive series of the Super Bowl, John was the one who insisted we blitz? Pees wanted to stay in coverage. That's just one instance, but it's suggestive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    you know what I have noticed with pees's departure? None of the players seemed overly emotional when he left. I never really heard the players pouring out their "love" for pees
    Not true. CJ Mosley and a couple others were emotional about it. Helping him "grow as a man" etc. There were quotes about it when Pees retired.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Suggs is probably the 3rd best Raven defender of all time behind two 1st ballot HOFers, and he himself is a borderline HOFer.
    Nitpicking here: Suggs probably is not "borderline". He's likely in, easily.

I've said this a couple times: our sense of what a HOF linebacker looks like is severely distorted by Ray Lewis. I think that nationally, Suggs is regarded as having solid Hall credentials. It's only locally that Suggs seems like he might be "borderline", because we compare him to Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    When I observe the Ravens, I too get the sense that John Harbaugh wants to be 'thee' reason why the team wins.
    I could not disagree more.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Not true. CJ Mosley and a couple others were emotional about it. Helping him "grow as a man" etc. There were quotes about it when Pees retired.
    that's been the only DC he has known his entire career here so of course some of those are sentimental about him, but It's not the same kind of love we seen for past DC's.

something tells me John didn't care for Chuck because Chuck didn't put up with his fuckery.
    Yeah, that's probably why John is the only who ever gave Chuck a coordinator job.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Yeah, that's probably why John is the only who ever gave Chuck a coordinator job.
    you don't have to like someone to give them a job if they can do their job well. Besides who else was harbaugh going to go with on the staff at the time?

you don't have to like someone to give them a job if they can do their job well. Besides who else was harbaugh going to go with on the staff at the time?
    Giving someone a job that they've never held before, is not exactly evidence of not liking him.

I mean, you realize what a burden of proof you have? Harbaugh hired Chuck to be secondary coach on his first staff. Then a few years later he promoted him to DC. Harbaugh chose him twice. The idea that he doesn't like him — there's just zero indication. You're way out on the fan-fiction limb with that idea. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and you're showing nothing.