Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Suggs throws Pees under the bus

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    There are perhaps a handful of OLBs in NFL history who have had Suggs' understanding of the cues that give away a screen pass or the ability to exploit a QB into throwing a pick (see Roethlisberger, Ben). No, he couldn't cover a TE, but like Ray he had an extraordinary impact on the passing game beyond just his ability to rush the QB.
    To add to Ken's point, some of Suggs' picks (and even just batted down balls) in recent years have shown the kind of knowledge and anticipation we will be lucky to ever see again from his position.

When he makes the HOF, you'd have to put down situational awareness and ability to adapt quickly to a play in progress as one of his top 3 football traits. Physical football is fun, too, but nothing gives me greater joy than watching our guy outsmart the competition.

Not surprised at all. It was blatantly obvious and has been since 2013. I feel like Ray and Ed had a lot more trump power over Pees than the guys do now.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

I'll believe it when I see it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Everyone saw how Pees would go into a shell at key points. It's not a coincidence how many blown games we had under Pees. Sure some of those were player mistakes, and you will always have that. But Pees didn't put the players in the best chance to win.
    How much of that is on John?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    How much of that is on John?

that's why I said what I said. As long as he's the HC i believe nothing.

Blog Entries

you know what I have noticed with pees's departure? None of the players seemed overly emotional when he left. I never really heard the players pouring out their "love" for pees his entire tenure here. Unlike some of the past DCs we had where players would give them a lot of love.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    So Suggs self buried himself for not understanding the importance of position in coverage?

I guess that's why he's always been ass when he has to cover.
    Do you EVER have ANYTHING good to say about anyone associated with the team? Are you even really a fan of this team? My god, Suggs is probably the 3rd best Raven defender of all time behind two 1st ballot HOFers, and he himself is a borderline HOFer. JFC man.....
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Do you EVER have ANYTHING good to say about anyone associated with the team? Are you even really a fan of this team? My god, Suggs is probably the 3rd best Raven defender of all time behind two 1st ballot HOFers, and he himself is a borderline FIRST BALLOT HOFer. JFC man.....
    FTFY

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    you know what I have noticed with pees's departure? None of the players seemed overly emotional when he left. I never really heard the players pouring out their "love" for pees his entire tenure here. Unlike some of the past DCs we had where players would give them a lot of love.
    I think this a good point and does speak to a certain level of what the sentiment is/was from the players towards Pees.
    When Marvin Lewis left there were many players who were outspoken about what they we're losing.
    Same thing for Mike Nolan, Chuck Pagano and Rex Ryan.
    (Ryan I discount because he was too much of a buddy to the players rather than a coach)
    Maybe it's because the players we have now (save maybe Weddle) are more reserved and not necessarily alpha dogs and outspoken leaders like Ray Lewis and Ed Reed were.
    Even somebody like Judon who is becoming one of the premier defenders on our team is rarely heard from.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    FTFY

Since I'm a crusty out of the loop old man can someone clue me in as to what this stands for?
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Well you know that means you have to help Pees out, help out ya boy LOL

Blog Entries

Only Rex. I don't remember them ever caring about a coach on offense or defense leaving besides Rex. Rex and the late great Clarence Brooks were the only Ravens coaches who really connected with the players.