Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Suggs throws Pees under the bus

And backs over him.

On a call with the PSL holders, the caller asked about the defense failing to make a crucial play to get to the playoffs the last couple years. What would they do differently?

Suggs’ answer: “we are going to have guys in the right position.” He has repeatedly that a few times, and is obviously very excited about Wink as DC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Re: Suggs throws Pees under the bus

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    And backs over him.

On a call with the PSL holders, the caller asked about the defense failing to make a crucial play to get to the playoffs the last couple years. What would they do differently?

Suggs’ answer: “we are going to have guys in the right position.” He has repeatedly that a few times, and is obviously very excited about Wink as DC.

Maybe that's the excitement of seeing his former position coach as the man in charge? Either way, I'm excited to see what Wink's defenses look like compared to his predecessor.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Maybe that's the excitement of seeing his former position coach as the man in charge? Either way, I'm excited to see what Wink's defenses look like compared to his predecessor.
    Pees was also his former position coach.

"Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Aye good point.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Wink has some Rex Ryan in him from a scheme and playcalling standpoint and he’s close with the Ryan family, Pees never fit the true Ravens defensive mentality.

So my follow up question(s) would be were guys in the wrong position to make a play due to their own mistakes or not understanding where they were supposed to be? Or was the scheme and play call putting them in the wrong position?

Certainly sounds like Suggs wasn't exactly a fan of Pees but clarity would certainly be welcome here to determine whether or not what most of us have been speculating for years is verified fact.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    So my follow up question(s) would be were guys in the wrong position to make a play due to their own mistakes or not understanding where they were supposed to be? Or was the scheme and play call putting them in the wrong position?

Certainly sounds like Suggs wasn't exactly a fan of Pees but clarity would certainly be welcome here to determine whether or not what most of us have been speculating for years is verified fact.
    It’s not certain, but in the context it seemed to me to be indicting the play call. I’d be interested in anyone else who heard it of they had the same reaction.

He also spoke a couple time about how under Wink, the “shackles” and “handcuffs “ will be off.

"Chin up, chest out."

It’s not certain, but in the context it seemed to me to be indicting the play call. I’d be interested in anyone else who heard it of they had the same reaction.

He also spoke a couple time about how under Wink, the “shackles” and “handcuffs “ will be off.

Now that is scheme and play calling!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I think the rules were too complex, the roles too confining. Guys could tend to be a step slow because they have to think instead of just go.

Blog Entries

Suggs throws Pees under the bus

They didn’t have guys in position on Jesse James? How about Antonio Browns TD? They were being dragged like rag dolls

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They didn’t have guys in position on Jesse James? How about Antonio Browns TD? They were being dragged like rag dolls
    Yup...talking to you CJ Mosley!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Exactly. Have the guys in position and MAKE THE F-ING TACKLE.