Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: concession price reductions at M&T Bank Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Exactly. Until I see what exactly we're talking about here I'll reserve judgement.
    Taking the cost of a hotdog or pretzel from $5.00 to $4.00 doesn't exactly make me feel compelled to buy anything in there.

Doubt that this price reduction will be attached to beers but we'll see I suppose.
    $8.00-$10.00 for a beer is insanity!!

Atlanta did cut the cost of beer to $5. But the amount was smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    That's one of the new corner video screens, Harv. They're supposed to supplement the big wide ones at either end of the stadium.
    wow - looks huge

at least they are making upgrades with my season ticket money, just wish the product would be better and more exciting, which I think this year it should be

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Now on to cutting the price of parking. Maybe they will realise a full lot is better than a half full one.
    Problem with that is that many of the lots are private lots, so the team has no control over it. I think the only team-affiliated lot that is a cash lot is Lot O, correct? I guess they could drop the price there forcing the private lots to consider matching, but I don't see it happening. Would be nice though - $40 to park is insane.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

I thought Steve was asked about this in the end of year presser or something and that it was stated that because of contracts with the stadium they have no say in the matter. or something to that affect

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I thought Steve was asked about this in the end of year presser or something and that it was stated that because of contracts with the stadium they have no say in the matter. or something to that affect
    He did. Maybe he finally found some cheaper alternatives to add to the menu.

He did. Maybe he finally found some cheaper alternatives to add to the menu.
    You would think how easy, cheap, and better or a product you get if you just stay at home stadiums would want to try to make every attempt to lure fans in. 2 beers and 2 slices of pizza = 40$? Gtfo, seriously....

Don't exactly remember how he put it but it was certainly along those lines.
    He apparently has also said that he wanted to meet with Aramark (primary concession at the stadium) about trying to work out a way to lower the prices where as the loss of profits would come out of his cut and not theirs.
    I'll assume that's what has taken place hence the announcement yesterday and the press conference on it tomorrow.
    As I said earlier in the thread (as have others) I'll reserve judgement until I see what we're talking about here but if there's a drastic price reduction (which I'm not expecting) than Bisciotti has been raking the fans over the coals for quite awhile if Aramark isn't going to lose out on profits.
    How much profits Aramark is making is a whole other subject in itself.
    Pick any fast food restaurant and they're not selling a soda for $6.00 and a Burger and fries for $14.00 so exactly how much profit is Aramark making if Bisciotti isn't making that much off the stuff?
    Have no idea what Aramarks fees are to have the contract in the building but their overhead to operate have got to be fairly low.
    They have employee salaries, cost of product and perhaps some liability insurance, etc.
    Same type of stuff every other food sales business has except without the building upkeep, utility bills, etc. but aren't selling their food for overly exorbitant prices.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

concession price reductions at M&T Bank Stadium

You would think how easy, cheap, and better or a product you get if you just stay at home stadiums would want to try to make every attempt to lure fans in. 2 beers and 2 slices of pizza = 40$? Gtfo, seriously....
    Too cheap of beers would be a bad bad idea. The stadium would turn into thunder dome
    $5-6 seems like it would be alright

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Too cheap of beers would be a bad bad idea. The stadium would turn into thunder dome
    $5-6 seems like it would be alright

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Obviously the extra beer muscle would certainly be unwanted in the stands (assuming that's what you're referring to) but the elevated vocal enthusiasm created from the increased alcohol would be welcome.
    I think the price point you put out would be a welcome change but I'm not expecting it.
    Maybe at the concession stands from the draft tap it'll happen but I'd be real surprised to see it from the bottled vendors.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Obviously the extra beer muscle would certainly be unwanted in the stands (assuming that's what you're referring to) but the elevated vocal enthusiasm created from the increased alcohol would be welcome.
    I think the price point you put out would be a welcome change but I'm not expecting it.
    Maybe at the concession stands from the draft tap it'll happen but I'd be real surprised to see it from the bottled vendors.
    I can't see a dollar or so drop in prices make people drink more. Atlanta charges $5. for a 12oz beer. Most beers at stands are 16-20 oz. Cans by vendors in the stands are 16. At least the 12's may stay cold longer on a hot day.

I can't see a dollar or so drop in prices make people drink more. Atlanta charges $5. for a 12oz beer. Most beers at stands are 16-20 oz. Cans by vendors in the stands are 16. At least the 12's may stay cold longer on a hot day.
    I don't drink beer from the concession stands (draft on tap) so I really don't know what they cost there.
    All my beer purchases (which aren't many at a game) are done from the vendors selling cans.
    They are like $8.50 a pop for a domestic and if you want something like a Blue Moon or Stella they're like $9.50.
    Add in the tip that most people throw in and you're damn near $20.00 for two beers which is why I usually milk one beer just to wet my whistle during a game.
    Usually grab two beers on the way in for myself and wife.
    I could certainly see them dropping the prices on those beers a couple bucks inspiring me to buy a second beer with far less hesitation.
    Who the hell wants to spend $40.00 on four beers to split between two people?
    Drop that cost to the point where you might be dropping $30.00 and the tight asses like me would probably open up that wallet a little more.
    I've now spent $10.00 more than I normally would have.
    I think this is the type of thing they're seeing in Atlanta with the cheaper concessions.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

what time is press conference? would love to hear the exact details or read them in an article