Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: concession price reductions at M&T Bank Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    New $5 12 oz beers. 16oz beers and premium drafts $7 - $8.

Large soda $3, souvenir soda $5, water $3.

Soft pretzel $2, fries $3, hot dog $3, pizza $6.

Some pretty good price reductions. I'll still eat at the tailgate, but if I get the munchies, then I'll be more likely to buy now.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...t-bank-stadium
    I am the same: Do most of my eating and drinking pre-game. They didn't cut the prices in half (as if that was an option), but these reductions are not insignificant and the organization should be applauded.

Blog Entries

I haven't eaten inside the stadium for years now but with this change I might. Kudos to the organization for this. Much better pricing than I thought they'd put out.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    I don't see why high food and drink prices offend people so much. Its pretty easy to eat at a restaurant, grab some grub from a street vender, or tailgate before and/or after the game. I don't understand why its so hard from some people to go three hours of their life without eating. And there's a reason that booze is pricey, they want to at least create a deterrent against people getting lit at the game.

Bu really, half the fun is tailgating. I would prefer that over buying concessions anyway. I only really load up on food on the lesser tier sports, like baseball or basketball.
    Not everybody tailgates prior to the game.
    There are loads of people that the light rail an d other forms of transportation in and strictly just go to the game.Others park where there's no available tailgating.
    They want to promote (always have really) the family atmosphere and when you go to a game with kids they want to eat and drink.
    You attend a game and you want to be able to nibble on some munchies and have a couple beers just like I'm sure most people do at home watching the game.
    I personally rarely buy anything to eat in the place but will have a beer or two.
    The price reductions they have done on food seem relatively reasonable but IMO they could do a little better on the beer.
    Quite sure they did very little there to prevent the beer muscle from getting out of hand which is understandable.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

The concession price reductions are nice on a percentage basis and I suppose they add up if you attend all the games. But they don't move the needle for me.

I usually attend two games / year with my son. We buy tickets on Stubhub for about $190 each and say $30 for parking and maybe $50 at the concession stand. So $460 for each game we attend. The concession price is going to go down for us about $20, so each game we attend is going to cost us $440 instead of $460.

Does not really move the needle at all. Still a good idea on the part of the Ravens and I'm not complaining but the real decision point for me is whether the $460 is even worth it when we have a very comfortable place to watch at home and the time commitment (3 1/2 hours versus 6 or 7 hours) is so much smaller.

The team quickly realized that when you don't have a good product on the field there isn't enough "game day experience" to draw in a crowd.

This is a start but if the team looks like it has the past several years cheaper food isn't going to be enough to get people off their couches.

these are big reductions. they will see a big increase in purchases i just hope they are ready for the volume. one thing that stops me from buying anything at halftime is that you can't get back to your seat before the 2nd half kickoff because of the concession lines. this looks to be exasperated with the reduction in prices.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    I am the same: Do most of my eating and drinking pre-game. They didn't cut the prices in half (as if that was an option), but these reductions are not insignificant and the organization should be applauded.
    Agreed. I eat mostly at the tailgate, but I could see myself getting a pretzel everyone now and then, and I am certainly more likely to buy soda, water, and maybe even a beer or two.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...