Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: How good will the Ravens be

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Nah bruh not with flacco and harbaugh still here.
    You had a good draft. You added a couple good WR's.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    I think we did too but coaching still suspect and the franchise QB all the way suspect so we'll see, if we were under a new innovative HC i would feel a lot better about how good this team would be, but two of the worse common denominators are still present.

11-5, playoffs.

And subtracted Dean Pees, replaced him with an aggressive guy.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    And subtracted Dean Pees, replaced him with an aggressive guy.
    I read somewhere his defenses have produced two shutouts over the Packers now.

I read somewhere his defenses have produced two shutouts over the Packers now.
    That's actually true. But his second-halves against the Steelers have been BRUTAL.

We play Pittsburgh a whole lot more often than we play GB.

Blog Entries

That's debatable. If Lamar Jackson works out it was a good draft. That's years away. The rest are all from the Isle of Broken Toys. You got the old TE, the TE who doesn't block, the Tackle who can't get motivated for the Combine and a bunch of JAGs. Hopefully some work out but I doubt we see much other than some special teams place this year.

The free agent wide receivers are all coming off bad years. They look good on paper but I'm just hoping that 1 gets back to form. We've been down this road so many times in the past and usually when the guy is cut or not re-signed there is a reason.

Will Flacco continue to be a bottom of the NFL starter? Will the defense keep blowing leads? We have a new DC but his defense was ranked 32 last time he had this job. Will Harbaugh make a QB change if the losses mount? Off the top of my head, the Ravens have beaten just 3 teams with winning records in the past 3 years. They see 9 teams coming off of winning record in 2018.

It's nice that you are optimistic but I just don't see it.

Blog Entries

You had a good draft.
    While that's debatable, even if so will our coaching staff actually use them as rookies to their best advantage? Some believe the Ravens will have an awful year, but I think we have enough veteran talent to go 8 - 8. If so, it would portend another middle-of-the-pack draft choice and likely Joe's swan song... Bc

I'm more optimistic than you guys and I am a Packer fan. Come on boys and girls lets have some faith!

Blog Entries

The draft was okay, but you have to consider the immediate contributions from them. TE is a tough position for rookies. Even with Hurst likely the de facto starter there, I'm not expecting a lot this season. Jackson likely isn't playing much this year, if at all. I think Brown may provide the most immediate impact but he's a RT. That's not winning games for you. The rest of the guys are not going to be big contributors on anything but ST for a year or two, if ever.

They are a .500 team IMO, give or take a game, so I could see them anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6 depending on how the ball bounces.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

This season? What do you Raven fans think your final record will be? I hope you guys have a great season and no injuries. I'm excited to see how Lamar Jackson will do.
    youl will have to wait a few years to see how Jackson will do

I'm more optimistic than you guys and I am a Packer fan. Come on boys and girls lets have some faith!
    It's a contest here, to prove how cool you are by showing that you have even less faith in the coaching staff than the next guy.

Which is interesting, since Harbaugh is the most successful Baltimore football coach since Don Shula. But whatever.