Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: All of a sudden - the Ravens are very young.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I think Kenny Young might surprise all y'all.
    Young is certainly fast but he was kind of a spaz at UCLA. He's going to have learn to play the position. I could see him playing well on special teams. Young is going to be a project on defense but he has a ton of natural athletic talent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravens82 View Post
    I'm hoping they play Suggs less (to keep him fresh), and play Judon more (he should be a double digit sack guy this year). Hopefully that will open up opportunities for other young guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    The lack of playing time for Bowser drove me crazy last year, most versatile OLB we have on the entire roster. Brought him in cold off the bench and he got a sack against PIT and had a pick dropping in coverage earlier in the year. Kid deserved way more burn last season. We need to start using Suggs like the Spurs use Manu Ginobili. We know that the talent is still there but give the younger guys with higher motors more volume and then let Siz work his magaic in a more limited role.
    I agree with both of you. If you have a Super Bowl contender then by all means play your veterans as much as you can, but if not (and alas the Ravens are not) then why not give the young guys playing time to prepare for the future? Not bashing Flacco here, but these last two years we were 8 - 8, 9 - 7, on the verge of the playoffs frustration. Let's build towards the new LJ era and let the youngsters get their feet wet now, so when our new QB is ready so will his surrounding cast (both offensive and defensive)... Bc

Suggs was playing RUSH and Judon was playing SAM.

Judon is excelling at SAM so I dont want to move him if he's having success unless Bowser can replicate Judon's level of play.

It's a guy like T-Williams that I'd like to see take over those RUSH snaps.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

If someone can beat out Suggs then they should play. No one has been able to do it yet

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If someone can beat out Suggs then they should play. No one has been able to do it yet
    I want sizzle on this team for another 2 yrs!

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Nice try, Terrell. No more money for you!
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    On Sirius NFL radio the hosts who don't cover teams but the entire league just gush over Suggs. The respect they have for him is great to listen to. It makes me realize that Suggs is still something special. In fact he and Yanda about the only Ravens they consistently speak positively about. Last year Alex Collins received a lot of love too but they do want to see if he can do it again and build on what he started.

On Sirius NFL radio the hosts who don't cover teams but the entire league just gush over Suggs. The respect they have for him is great to listen to. It makes me realize that Suggs is still something special. In fact he and Yanda about the only Ravens they consistently speak positively about. Last year Alex Collins received a lot of love too but they do want to see if he can do it again and build on what he started.
    Suggs is special, he's earned that respect. And he's still productive, too, but he'd be more effective down the stretch if they manage his snap count during the first half of the season.

Blog Entries

Would really be nice if they can avoid the injury bug this year

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

He really is a special player. A Hall of Famer. That's what Hall of Famers are, special players. He had eleven sacks at age 35. Despite running out of gas at the end of the season, that is one heck of an accomplishment.

Just to put this in perspective.... Suggs and James Harrison came into the league around the same time. Suggs has 41 more sacks than Harrison. That, plus all the other parts to his game.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    The lack of playing time for Bowser drove me crazy last year, most versatile OLB we have on the entire roster. Brought him in cold off the bench and he got a sack against PIT and had a pick dropping in coverage earlier in the year. Kid deserved way more burn last season. We need to start using Suggs like the Spurs use Manu Ginobili. We know that the talent is still there but give the younger guys with higher motors more volume and then let Siz work his magaic in a more limited role.
    Absolutely. We need Suggs to have some gas in the tank in December! (and hopefully January). But like others said, I think Tim Williams will take over for Suggs provided his light bulb goes on. Phil Savage mentioned that it took a while for him to learn the level of play at Alabama, but once he did, he was dominant. He expects that to happen for the Ravens. Hopefully it happens next season.

I would have no problem with a rotation of OLB / RUSH types much like with the DL. Keep 'em fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    He really is a special player. A Hall of Famer. That's what Hall of Famers are, special players. He had eleven sacks at age 35. Despite running out of gas at the end of the season, that is one heck of an accomplishment.

Just to put this in perspective.... Suggs and James Harrison came into the league around the same time. Suggs has 41 more sacks than Harrison. That, plus all the other parts to his game.
    He has torn his achilles twice and just keeps on trucking. He's one of the best ever.