Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: All of a sudden - the Ravens are very young.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    somebody gotta pan out somewhere these young guys need proper coaching these coaches need to do a better job this year. Starting with harbaugh.
    Well, a lot of those guys have showed promise, but haven't gotten NFL reps because of either the depth chart or injury.

- Tyus Bowser
    - Maurice Canady
    - Chuck Clark
    - Willie Henry
    - Marlon Humphrey
    - Tavon Young

All of those guys have looked good in limited snaps. Ronnie Stanley and Matt Judon are already there. Then we've got Chris Moore with room to improve. And we still really don't know what we have with Chris Wormley, Tim Williams, Nico Siragusa, Kenneth Dixon or any of the rookies.

Every single pick from the past four years is still with the team save three -- Tray Walker (RIP), Robert Myers and Keenan Reynolds.

I believe there is a lot of young talent here and you are so right about developing that talent. If or when the Ravens flub through another season and people complain about lack of talent / lack of playmakers.... I'm going to point my finger right at the coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Good point, Mac, I'd add that 2018 is Za'Smith's walk year too. If he has a good year we will probably lose him anyway, and a mid-round comp pick doesn't turn me on. I'll repeat you : his being on the field will also stunt the development of Bowser and TWill. How are we ever going to know what they can do if they don't get playing time? ... Bc
    Hopefully Wink will give Bowser and TWill more opportunities to show their stuff. But ultimately they will have to outplay ZDS.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravens82 View Post
    Hopefully Wink will give Bowser and TWill more opportunities to show their stuff. But ultimately they will have to outplay ZDS.
    You're probably correct, but the problem is that if Za'Smith plays he will very likely be gone in 2019. Then we'll still have two OLBs (Bowser and TWill) who have to be developed. The dilemma is that they'd both be in their 3rd years as Ravens and as you know you can only keep them for four years. It might make them (2nd and 3rd round) wasted draft picks that some other team may find useful... Bc

Simple Principle : if you want an ILB, then draft an ILB ... Bc
    I think Kenny Young might surprise all y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I hope so. His strength is supposedly coverage and we were all complaining about a lack of coverage LB.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    If I had to pick a later round sleeper it'd be Young.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Deshon Elliott for me. Sieler is intriguing.

Young would be, as Bird said, a pleasant surprise for me if he turns out any better than reserve / special teamer.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post

Young would be, as Bird said, a pleasant surprise for me if he turns out any better than reserve / special teamer.
    A lot of parrallells with T-Jeff. I hope both of them are used better than last year.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Deshon Elliott is a VIOLENT playmaking safety. I’m telling you he’s gonna be an enforcer. He’s got the size of a linebacker but the speed and coverage ability to pick the ball off six times last year and return two for TDs. Can’t wait to see what this guy can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're probably correct, but the problem is that if Za'Smith plays he will very likely be gone in 2019. Then we'll still have two OLBs (Bowser and TWill) who have to be developed. The dilemma is that they'd both be in their 3rd years as Ravens and as you know you can only keep them for four years. It might make them (2nd and 3rd round) wasted draft picks that some other team may find useful... Bc
    I'm hoping they play Suggs less (to keep him fresh), and play Judon more (he should be a double digit sack guy this year). Hopefully that will open up opportunities for other young guys.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I cant stress enough how vital it is for us to start trusting, relying on our young players. Bowser and Tim Williams need to be on the field the majority of snaps this year
    The lack of playing time for Bowser drove me crazy last year, most versatile OLB we have on the entire roster. Brought him in cold off the bench and he got a sack against PIT and had a pick dropping in coverage earlier in the year. Kid deserved way more burn last season. We need to start using Suggs like the Spurs use Manu Ginobili. We know that the talent is still there but give the younger guys with higher motors more volume and then let Siz work his magaic in a more limited role.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

theres a few to pick from that are intriguing and high upside/decent floor guys, which is a testament to how good our draft was this year, and really the last few years. That stat that were only missing 3 picks from 4 years is telling imo. Its either a team thats awful (were not), or a team that picked quality and has developed that talent.
    -JAB