Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: All of a sudden - the Ravens are very young.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I still really like the idea of trying Bowser out at WILL.
    I do too, but even take Correa as an example.

His film of him blitzing at Boise from ILB is solid.

So if the Ravens reasoning was they wanted to get him on the field then why not just use him as a blitz guy from the ILB spot, similar to McPhee. It's the same kind of idea.

That's what I would have done with Bowser last year. Correa clearly couldn't learn the position and they admitted they threw too much at him, but if they had just had him blitzing and rushing from ILB then at least he's on the field. Could have done the same with Bowser, while at the same time teaching him to be a more complete WILL.

I think Judon has the SAM spot on lockdown. HE was really strong last year. So if they don't see Bowser beating him then they need to try something like that. He played SAM in college (and DE in their sub packages), but they're gonna have to move him or else he's just going to sit behind Judon.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I cant stress enough how vital it is for us to start trusting, relying on our young players. Bowser and Tim Williams need to be on the field the majority of snaps this year
    And this is why you should be excited about the future. We gonna make a run!

Blog Entries

Don't forget Za and Judon. They're both pretty young and they've shown a lot more than either Williams or Bowser.
    Well Za'Smith and Judon have been on the Ravens longer so what's not to expect?
    Second, Bowser (2nd round) and Tim Wms (3rd round) I suspect were drafted high for a reason. Both (Bowser especially) need to see more of the field in 2018 or we've wasted two high picks... Bc

Blog Entries

they need to move Correa back to OLB and let him come in on passing downs plain and simple. Bowser needs to be playing beside Mosley but he looks lost in coverage to me I am not so sure about Bowser anymore, I didn't see enough of him to know what he did right or wrong.

Blog Entries

I still really like the idea of trying Bowser out at WILL.
    After Correa, many will balk at it, but Im of this thought as well. I still think Correa could be better than he showed with some more experience, but theres little doubt that Bowser excels more at coverage, and is more fluid of an athlete. physically hes better suited, but he may have the same mental lapses and growing pains as correa and be no better off.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    they need to move Correa back to OLB and let him come in on passing downs plain and simple. Bowser needs to be playing beside Mosley but he looks lost in coverage to me I am not so sure about Bowser anymore, I didn't see enough of him to know what he did right or wrong.
    I can't for the life of me understand why some feel this way about Bowser (?) He won't even be 23 until later this month. After a strong college (Houston) career @ OLB, Ozzie drafted him in the 2nd round. This is not a guy you draft that high as a 2nd stringer. In his rookie year (2017) he had 3 sacks, 1 INT, and 3 PDs in limited snaps. Sure he needs development, but isn't that what the off-season coaching is for? To me he's shown enough to see he can have a bright future. If the Ravens do move him inside next to Mosley, I hope they know what they're doing. I do not want to see Kamalei Correa all over again... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I can't for the life of me understand why some feel this way about Bowser (?) He won't even be 23 until later this month. After a strong college (Houston) career @ OLB, Ozzie drafted him in the 2nd round. This is not a guy you draft that high as a 2nd stringer. In his rookie year (2017) he had 3 sacks, 1 INT, and 3 PDs in limited snaps. Sure he needs development, but isn't that what the off-season coaching is for? To me he's shown enough to see he can have a bright future. If the Ravens do move him inside next to Mosley, I hope they know what they're doing. I do not want to see Kamalei Correa all over again... Bc
    I just didn't see enough of him to know what he could do right, the coaching staff was too busy Correaing him i couldn't put my finger on what he was doing good, after the Jville game he basically disappeared like Tim Williams.

Blog Entries

from his scouting report...
    Bowser would probably fit best in the NFL as an outside linebacker in a 4-3 defense given his body type. In time, his speed and pursuit skills would make him a good fit as a Will - weakside - linebacker. In obvious passing situations, Bowswer could be an edge rusher to use speed to put pressure on the quarterback. He would also be a good fit in a 3-4 defense as he could play inside and outside linebacker in that scheme.
    it reads not much different from Correas. Hes versatile quick twitch athlete, thats a little on the green side. We value that flexibility, obviously by drafting both. I still think both will end up being decent players for us. With Wink (LBs coach) taking over, I expect him to put them in positions they excel at.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Well Za'Smith and Judon have been on the Ravens longer so what's not to expect?
    Second, Bowser (2nd round) and Tim Wms (3rd round) I suspect were drafted high for a reason. Both (Bowser especially) need to see more of the field in 2018 or we've wasted two high picks... Bc
    They rotate pass-rushers pretty frequently, so it makes sense to have a fair amount of depth and talent there.

Also, Za had a really down sophomore year. He rebounded last year with some decent plays, but he's not someone that I would consider to be irreplaceable, you know? Judon, on the other hand, is an up-and-coming star.

I would expect the Ravens to get what they can out of Za and then let him hit free agency and let Bowser, Williams, and Correa compete for Za's spot.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Simple Principle : if you want an ILB, then draft an ILB, or if you want an OLB, then draft an OLB. Don't have a crystal ball, but I can see Bowser, if properly developed, being a double-digit sack OLB. Call me crazy if you want to... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    After Correa, many will balk at it, but Im of this thought as well. I still think Correa could be better than he showed with some more experience, but theres little doubt that Bowser excels more at coverage, and is more fluid of an athlete. physically hes better suited, but he may have the same mental lapses and growing pains as correa and be no better off.
    I think Correa should strictly be used as a 3rd down pass-rusher.

Kick Judon inside and put Correa there out wide. He has one goal: Get to the QB.

I think Bowser's athleticism and range are better than Correa's. Bowser posted some really nice change of direction ability during the pre-draft process, so I think he could be more effective at dropping into coverage, chasing down passes to the flats, etc.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Don't forget Za and Judon. They're both pretty young and they've shown a lot more than either Williams or Bowser.
    agreed, but I consider them proven to some degree. I expect them to improve but we've seen what they can be.

Williams and bowser are still a relative mystery for some reason
    Burn it down