Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: How will Harbaugh use Lamar Jackson this year?

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    I don't think you can underestimate the value of making the opposition spend practice time on two vastly different quarterbacks. If we allow our guy to do a Red Zone package that would mean that the defenses are going to have to be prepared for two completely different concepts.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    This

Blog Entries

However, it also means that our guys will have to practice two completely different concepts.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Link to twitter post w/ a couple of Greg Roman's zone read plays:

https://twitter.com/smartfootball/st...53178115092480

I think a 'package' of plays for Lamar will include some like above and some RPO's mentioned earlier.
    Lamar allows them to be very creative in the 'lab' to build explosive plays around him.

Keep in mind in 2013 the 49er's passing game yielded 7.7 ypa which 7th in the NFL.
    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...ualified=false

Blog Entries

Below is a variation of 57W (flipped)

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If Joe plays bad and is losing us games like he was at the start of last season the pressure from the fans will surely be too much not to out LJ in.
    I agree

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John Harbaugh
    "You want to find a way to get the most out of all your guys," Harbaugh said. "I mean, Lamar's going to be on the team. I fully expect him to be active on game day. So, gosh, I'd sure like him out there helping us. And he can play quarterback, so [if] we put two quarterbacks on the field at once, what options does it create for our offense? And that's what we try to figure out."...……."Joe has to be able to do other things if [Jackson is] throwing the ball," Harbaugh said of the two-QB sets. "It gets the creative juices flowing for our offensive coaches, and they've worked hard on that."

I didn't want to start another thread so I bumped this one because I believe one of the most important decision for the Harbaugh and staff this year will be finding the right way to use Lamar Jackson.

Ideally you build a package of plays that forces the defense to account for his dynamic running ability and his ability to throw the ball.

I don't want to see him and Joe on the field together....I think that's the dumbest way to use him.

Does anyone remember when Steve Young was on the 49ers behind Joe?
    Bill Walsh welcomed the QB "controversy" because he believed it made the QBs raise their level.

Even thought Montana was a well established SB QB, Walsh still got Steve Young on the field to the tune of
    101 passing attempts before they settled back in on Joe Montana around week11.

Blog Entries

Will he be Cordell Stewart II ?
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

There are tactical reasons to use Jackson also.

When the Steelers had all those converted QBs who became WR.. and Slash himself.. every opponent had to spend time game planning for what might happen. It takes away from your normal preparation. You have to spend valuable (and ever decreasing) practice and study time on what might be.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Fair question - but I think the better question is, if he is Kordell Stewart II, would we be happy with that? Idunno. I want him to be better. I'd be pretty happy if he were Colin Kaepernick of 2012-2014.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post

I didn't want to start another thread so I bumped this one because I believe one of the most important decision for the Harbaugh and staff this year will be finding the right way to use Lamar Jackson.

Ideally you build a package of plays that forces the defense to account for his dynamic running ability and his ability to throw the ball.

I don't want to see him and Joe on the field together....I think that's the dumbest way to use him.

Does anyone remember when Steve Young was on the 49ers behind Joe?
    Bill Walsh welcomed the QB "controversy" because he believed it made the QBs raise their level.

Even thought Montana was a well established SB QB, Walsh still got Steve Young on the field to the tune of
    101 passing attempts before they settled back in on Joe Montana around week11.
    dude reminds me of little finger
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Man I hope (and doubt) that Lamar Jackson as Slash II isn't Harbaugh's goal.