Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: How will Harbaugh use Lamar Jackson this year?

Hey! That's the page from our playbook that covers picking up a blitz.
    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Harbaugh to LJ, "Here's the only equipment you'll need this year."

"Oh, and here's a pencil too."

... Bc
    Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

double post

yea clipboard holding is probably the most action he will see this year barring any injury. He might not even beat out Bob Griffin the 3rd for the backup spot

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    How’s Joe’s back? Hmmm backs can be tricky hmmmm
    Looked pretty solid while heaving a large medicine ball backwards. (Didn’t look like an exercise I’d want to do with some back discomfort)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I’d put him in the back field throw a backward pass to him and either run him or let him have the option to throw it one to three times s game

How will Harbaugh use Lamar Jackson this year?

Any game plan that only features LJ’s running is neutralizing one of his best assets: his pristine deep ball throw. While he struggles with accuracy sometimes to the outsides, LJ has a great deep ball down the middle. And we finally have some athletic TEs who can catch and run down the seam...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Nothing he has done during his tenure has shown that he would even entertain the idea of the QB being the focal point of the team.
    Except for signing Robert Griffin, drafting Lamar Jackson and coincidentally having a brother who took a mobile QB to the SB and don't forget having 3 coaches on the staff that having experiencing grooming and crafting offense around a mobile QB.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Putting Jackson in to spark the offense means that if it works, you have to keep him in. That's the game you play when you do that.
    Maybe...maybe not.

But, if you put Jackson in and it sparks the offense then why in the world would it be a problem to keep him in? I thought the goal was to be productive on offense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I think Lamar Jackson is going to be a QB who will need an elite RB to succeed. RB should be the top target in next years draft IMO. I like Dixon and Collins, but Dixon has not proven he can be relied on due to health and drug use, while Collins for me isn't big enough to be that elite every down back, he is more of a change of pace back who can be a very valuable piece, but more effective when you keep him at 10-12 touches a game tops. Dixon has the potential, but he needs to prove he can stay healthy this season. When you go with Jackson as the starting QB, you are going to have to run the ball well, because you don't want Jackson to be throwing the ball 40 times a game (to begin with).
    Good points, leach, but you left out Buck Allen. No, he's not starting material, but he had a solid 2017 as Collins' back-up. IMO Collins - Dixon - Allen can carry the load, in 2018 at least... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    Any game plan that only features LJ’s running is neutralizing one of his best assets: his pristine deep ball throw. While he struggles with accuracy sometimes to the outsides, LJ has a great deep ball down the middle. And we finally have some athletic TEs who can catch and run down the seam...

I'm hearing they are installing passing packages for him as well per the radio.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crabcakes View Post
    yea clipboard holding is probably the most action he will see this year barring any injury. He might not even beat out Bob Griffin the 3rd for the backup spot
    I feel the Ravens should keep 3 QBs on the 53-man. Flacco will start, but IMO RGIII should be #2. Let's give LJ a full regular season (plus off-season) to absorb the pro game, but have him very active at practice. Unleash him in 2019. Then if the Ravens release Flacco, LJ can start with RGIII as his #2... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bighoop70 View Post
    Great article good stuff.

Using plays like the one mentioned in the article would be a great way to build a package of plays for Lamar.

My initial thought/reaction was that even though Greg Roman has designed, installed and executed read-option i didn't recall seeing him or Martywhig use run-pass option plays.

Conceptually I think RPOs take read-option plays to the next level. So I was encouraged when I read your next post showing the staff calling some RPOs last year. That is a huge because it means they at the very least have some aspects installed already that they can build on.

Which I had more time to reply in more detail. But good stuff man.

I think that the best case scenario for this season would be for Flacco to be starter, and to use RGIII as the back-up and the gadget option... assuming he has anything left in the tank at all. If RGIII doesn't, he'll be IR'd by week 2-3 regardless of his actual health condition. Then let Flacco audition for his 2019 spot on the roster throughout the season. Give him job security, and only really bring Lamar Jackson in for week 15 at earliest if we really crap the bed and Flacco is really on the way out (unless Flacco gets injured before obviously). I like the idea of using some gadget plays, but I'd rather put the mileage on RGIII's legs than Jackson's at this point. Jackson is pretty raw too. He was a true Junior and he's not really the smartest, most aware QB out there (based off the Wonderlic and his tape). He's not exactly an Andrew Luck type prospect. I don't think he's really ready to be an NFL starter without some polish.