Page 1 of 22 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

How will Harbaugh use Lamar Jackson this year?

Just wanted to get a discussion going on how people think or want Harbaugh will use Lamar Jackson this year.

Personally I don't want Lamar to start this year.

I want Joe to go out there with the new weapons and have the best season possible. The skill position personnel on the roster is the best its been for awhile and Joe can go out there and prove he can still be the QB everyone wants him to be and show that it was lack of personnel that was one of the main factors holding him back. I think it would be good for any rookie to watch a veteran orchestrate the offense.

But, with that being said Lamar is still a unique talent. He's arguable the most explosive player on the team and he should see the field because it will help the team win. But the question becomes how?

I don't want to see him Lamar doing wildcat stuff with Joe at WR that imho would be stupid.

I would like to see Lamar come in for a couple/few plays here and there or even a series. The goal would be to ease Lamar into the NFL action, putting him in favorable situations and more importantly to threaten the defense and help win games. It be would unorthodox but not unheard of. The Eagles got Vick onto the field when he first joined team for a couple of plays here and there but I would like to see more of what Bill Walsh did with Joe Montana in his 2nd year. Walsh would get Joe onto the field often. But I would really like to see what the Falcon's did with Vick in his rookie year: 2 starts 113 passing attempts 31 carries.
    http://www.nfl.com/player/mikevick/2...gs?season=2001

Any how what do you guys think? How do you want or how do you think Harbaugh will use Lamar Jackson this year?

Re: How will Harbaugh use Lamar Jackson this year?

If he wants to keep his job, LJ will play. A lot!

Blog Entries

I do not want to see Jackson on the field for a portion of plays per game. This offense has struggled enough to find a good sense of rhythm and symmetry. Adding a package of plays to the mix will add to the challenge of gaining that. Furthermore, I don't trust Harbaugh to utilize Jackson properly. John Harbaugh is not a Head Coach who emphasizes getting the most out of the Quarterback. Through his philosophy, he has shown that his preferred idea of a Quarterback is someone who makes a handful of plays per game, to compliment the defense. Only once he's backed into a corner will he deviate from that philosophy. Which is why he and Flacco have been at odds philosophically, because Flacco feels that you can't just keep waiting until it's an emergency to do that. Then, only to revert back to the previous approach once you are out of danger. The best way to stay out of danger is to maintain an aggressive philosophy with the offense, particularly the passing offense. However, history has shown that when this offense makes a few mistakes or starts to sputter, unless it's a big regular season game or playoff game, Coach Harbaugh puts this offense into it's turtle shell.

After all that we've seen from him, I don't see how he's going to be able to get the most out of Jackson. I could see him being unable to make up his mind with what he wants to do. He'll want to start out with the conservative approach. When things look bad, he'll try to get Jackson in the game. I think it will backfire on him and he will, in turn, kill everyone's momentum, or what little they have left by that point. He will come out in post-game pressers, stressing the need for consistency from the offense. While, the product will show few signs of him making the right decisions to manifest that consistency.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

LJ should come in at the goal line. RPO there will be unstopable

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    LJ should come in at the goal line. RPO there will be unstopable
    Yup I think they should put in some goal line and short yardage plays to get him some action. The last three years the Ravens offensive MVP was Tucker. Really would be nice to get a few more TDs.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I'm looking at some trick plays with him lined up at WR.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I'm looking at some trick plays with him lined up at WR.
    He has been very clear; he is not playing any position besides QB. (by the way it's the only position he's ever played)
    They didn't spend a first round pick on him for trick plays IMO

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He has been very clear; he is not playing any position besides QB. (by the way it's the only position he's ever played)
    They didn't spend a first round pick on him for trick plays IMO
    I didn't say he was gonna play WR. A trick play with him lined up at WR can still include him getting the ball and passing it

Blog Entries

It will be a travesty if Jackson doesn’t get on the field in at least some short yardage and goal line situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

By week 8 he'll be the starter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    By week 8 he'll be the starter.
    That’s my bet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro