Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Re: How will Harbaugh use Lamar Jackson this year?

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I wish Greg Cosell's NFL Match-Up Draft special was available on the internet somewhere.....

He did a good breakdown of Lamar that highlighted his abilities....Here's a portion on a misconception about Lamar's experience with NFL passing concepts:

I think Lamar is as good a passer as Deshaun Watson.

I also think Lamar Jackson could be as good or maybe even better then Watson...….IF that is true.....if Lamar is possibly as good as Deshaun Watson then it behooves the team to find away to get that type of ability on the field as soon as possible.

Hopefully they don't botch it ;)
    I do worry about the coaching mainly Harbaugh, believe it or not I trust Marty handling Lamar.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    I do worry about the coaching mainly Harbaugh, believe it or not I trust Marty handling Lamar.
    I agree. Between Marty and Greg Roman I feel good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blog Entries

Maybe....but that's a different argument. Maybe none of this happens. Maybe Lamar never plays this year.
    Maybe they stupidly use him as Slash type player or even dumber maybe they use him as situational WR only.

All of the above are possibilities that don't have much to do with how I see this discussion:

We're talking about how an offense could or the what the ideal approach that we would want to see might be.

We're not....or at least i'm not attempting to discuss what they'll actually do....

Its just football Xs and Os discussion/speculating for those interested in that kind of thing...ya know?

No.

Not 2 different schemes.

1 scheme that has complementary attacks based on the strengths of the respective skillsets of Flacco and Lamar Jackson.

Would you consider the Eagles, Chiefs, Seahawks, Texans and Panthers as having 2 different schemes?
    No matter how you slice it that's two schemes. Either two schemes are an Al Saunders playbook.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    If Lamar is as good right outta the gate as Watson we are a playoff team.
    The dilemma for the staff becomes: how do they find out what they have in Lamar when they have an established QB in front him?

For me, the last practice of mini-camp was a very smart move. (Lamar took all the QB snaps)
    Some may not see it as a big deal....but it gives the staff a glimpse of what the offense looks like with Lamar as the QB. And really helps speed up his learning curve.
    Last edited by edromeo; 06-17-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    No matter how you slice it that's two schemes.
    You didn't answer my question.

Do you consider the Eagles, Chiefs, Texans, Seahawks and Panthers as having 2 schemes each?

Because if you think those teams run 2 different schemes then I can see why YOU would view adding more read-option and rpos would equate to having 2 different schemes.
    Last edited by edromeo; 06-17-2018 at 05:32 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I agree. Between Marty and Greg Roman I feel good.

Its a paradox for me....i think Martywhig is good at QB development but merely an average coordinator.

I consider Roman great with the run-game and read-option but limited in terms of the passing game.

I think Lamar's develop is in good but i don't think he'll ever reach his potential with them if that makes sense...

I feel like Darrel Bevel would be a better fit.

Blog Entries

Its a paradox for me....i think Martywhig is good at QB development but merely an average coordinator.

I consider Roman great with the run-game and read-option but limited in terms of the passing game.

I think Lamar's develop is in good but i don't think he'll ever reach his potential with them if that makes sense...

I feel like Darrel Bevel would be a better fit.
    Yeah ideally I’d like to see a whole new coaching staff which might happen if there are no playoffs again. But I’m hopeful that Marty and Roman will do some good things.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    I think most of feel this way about Harbaugh's staff over his time as coach. I just hope I'm wrong that the FO drafted for skill sets that the coaching staff won't use.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    If Lamar is as good right outta the gate as Watson we are a playoff team.
    If Flacco's sharpness reported from OTA's and MiniCamp shows up in the regular season, we are a playoff team even without any contribution from LJ.

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    I think most of feel this way about Harbaugh's staff over his time as coach.
    Not me. We are very fortunate to have Harbaugh.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Yeah ideally I’d like to see a whole new coaching staff which might happen if there are no playoffs again. But I’m hopeful that Marty and Roman will do some good things.

I have nothing against Harbs as the head guy. In my view his failing are a result of his and the FO choices with the offensive staff and some personnel..especially the receivers.

I think continuity is best.....if its trending in the right direction....but I kinda feel like we know the limits of Marty and Roman.
    Ideally you want to find the next hot offensive minds like Kyle and McVay someone like Sean Ryan. That you can add to the staff and groom.
    But in the case it doesn't work out this year I would target Darrell Bevel...i know....i know....everyone kills him for 1 playcall......but how about giving him credit for finding and developing Russell Wilson?

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    If Flacco's sharpness reported from OTA's and MiniCamp shows up in the regular season, we are a playoff team even without any contribution from LJ.
    I expect Joe to have a good year and make it to the playoffs.

If I'm the HC I have a dual purpose mandate for the offensive staff.......1) give me an offense that I can win a superbowl with.....an offense that compliments the defense and put Joe in a position to have his best year 2) develop LJ by integrating him into the offense as a QB...meld the concepts...make it work

Blog Entries

copy Alabama. Use Flacco until halftime of the superbowl, then put in LJ. It's brilliant! Can't fail!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!